For those who classify Tua as Injury Prone: Good listen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who classify Tua as Injury Prone: Good listen

I don’t see Tua playing in any of those games. With a young and inexperienced OL trying to learn to play together early in the season, I think Fitzpatrick will be the starter in the first part of the season and Tua will
only play if the coaching staff is confident the OL can protect him.

I think Tua will start a few games toward the end of the season to prepare him to be the full time starter in 2021. 2020 is still a rebuilding year and therefore there is no reason to rush Tua into the starting lineup.
I totally agree, I don't think coaches will start him this season. However, many people are calling for it though, which I think is totally insane.

He also LOVED us in 2018 because, “Adam Gase can flat out coach.”. Grain of salt my friends.

I think that grenades his opinions from my perspective.

the ankle surgeries were elective, he didn't need them. He actually chose to have them so he could play sooner. The finger was in Spring practice (I wasn't aware that he even had surgery on it) and never gave him a problem once the season started. To act like sprained ankles or a fluke finger make him more of a risk than anyone else is just plain wrong
So, we are down to 2 injuries that required surgery and he didn't miss time with one of them.
Bottom line: he had one serious injury in college and he is already healed.
Cowherd is correct, he is no more injury prone than Rodgers, Mahomes or Watson and judging from their contracts, their teams aren't worried either
Yep. This.
Idk why when you bring that up people just seem to ignore it, or not quite understand what the elective part of surgery means.... or the procedure itself

Yep. This.
Idk why when you bring that up people just seem to ignore it, or not quite understand what the elective part of surgery means.... or the procedure itself
It's almost like they want to distort things to fit a narrative...

I don’t see Tua playing in any of those games. With a young and inexperienced OL trying to learn to play together early in the season, I think Fitzpatrick will be the starter in the first part of the season and Tua will
only play if the coaching staff is confident the OL can protect him.

I think Tua will start a few games toward the end of the season to prepare him to be the full time starter in 2021. 2020 is still a rebuilding year and therefore there is no reason to rush Tua into the starting lineup.
If they withhold Tua it’s not gonna be because of the oline issues, it’s either he hasn’t recovered from injury or he couldn’t beat out Fitzpatrick. They’re going play the player that gives them the best chance to win period.

Yep. This.
Whether it’s elective or not it’s still surgery, and the reason he had surgery is because ankle sprains are and do reoccur.

If they withhold Tua it’s not gonna be because of the oline issues, it’s either he hasn’t recovered from injury or he couldn’t beat out Fitzpatrick. They’re going play the player that gives them the best chance to win period.
This I can agree with. Flo will start the best player, no doubt

the ankle surgeries were elective, he didn't need them. He actually chose to have them so he could play sooner. The finger was in Spring practice (I wasn't aware that he even had surgery on it) and never gave him a problem once the season started. To act like sprained ankles or a fluke finger make him more of a risk than anyone else is just plain wrong
So, we are down to 2 injuries that required surgery and he didn't miss time with one of them.
Bottom line: he had one serious injury in college and he is already healed.
Cowherd is correct, he is no more injury prone than Rodgers, Mahomes or Watson and judging from their contracts, their teams aren't worried either
Just so we’re clear, I like the kid so I’m not bashing. The point is he has had 5 injuries that REQUIRED surgery, elective or not. That’s injury prone because it’s really within like a 16/18 month period. It’s not about if he missed games or not during that time.

Whether it’s elective or not it’s still surgery, and the reason he had surgery is because ankle sprains are and do reoccur.
Okay, but you’re aware he didn’t NEED that surgery. He opted for it to reduce the chance to sprain it again..

Lurking I love your posts usually.. but do you know that tight rope procedure is meant to strengthen that area so he doesn’t have to worry of sprains in the future..

Really not seeing the issue with THAT surgery

Just so we’re clear, I like the kid so I’m not bashing. The point is he has had 5 injuries that REQUIRED surgery, elective or not. That’s injury prone because it’s really within like a 16/18 month period. It’s not about if he missed games or not during that time.

Required =/= elective

can't agree. elective and required are 2 different things

Okay, but you’re aware he didn’t NEED that surgery. He opted for it to reduce the chance to sprain it again..

Lurking I love your posts usually.. but do you know that tight rope procedure is meant to strengthen that area so he doesn’t have to worry of sprains in the future..

Really not seeing the issue with THAT surgery
Yes, I do understand what the surgery is.
But he did have an injury( sprained ankle ) and had surgery. He could have rolled the dice and played with an ankle that could possibly be re-injure again, which is a high possibility. But then you have another Tannehill situation. To him it wasn’t an option.

A torn ACL is just a bit different than an ankle sprain
I know that, the point was if he didn’t have the surgery he had a higher chance of re-injuring it much like the Tannehill situation. Like Tannehill he had the same option presented to him, Roll the dice or have surgery. Thank God he chose surgery. We’re kind of splitting hairs here, so I’m gonna leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom