For those who classify Tua as Injury Prone: Good listen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who classify Tua as Injury Prone: Good listen

Dude that’s your interpretation. I have responded to each and every poster that I understand what and why. I never said he was injury prone because of the ankle injuries, I said he was injury prone because of five surgeries within 16/18 month period, and that conversation stemmed from a poster calling out another. Not sure why you’re so butt hurt over that.
Jesus.

You just don't care at all that the ankle surges were 100% elective and were not because they were bad or rare or anything like. At this point, if the guy got a tattoo removal you'd count that too. It is absurd. You've been given evidence and just ignore it and continue pushing this BS narrative all while acting like everyone is else is wrong.

Jesus.

You just don't care at all that the ankle surges were 100% elective and were not because they were bad or rare or anything like. At this point, if the guy got a tattoo removal you'd count that too. It is absurd. You've been given evidence and just ignore it and continue pushing this BS narrative all while acting like everyone is else is wrong.
good thing he didn't get a biopsy or have a hang-nail removed as well, we'd be looking at 8 surgeries....

So if your GF is thinking of entering a bikini contest......but shes a little older than the other girls and feels like her rack has a "high boobie sag".....and she decides to have some cosmetic surgery....and then wins the bikini contest.....and afterwards your marry her...well?

Is your EX-GF right when she says the boob job was required surgery because she wouldn't have won the contest and convinced you to marry her without it?

that's still 4
This is what you asked.....
so I've got the 2 ankle sprains, one broken finger and the hip. what is the 5th surgery?
So here you’re saying you need one more, you're implying that you have 4, right. I gave you the 5th one, so lets do it again. From a previous post to you.
1- In Alabama’s first spring practice of 2018, Tagovailoa suffered an injury to his left throwing hand. According to AL.com, the injury occurred after he hit his hand on a lineman’s helmet. Tagovailoa’s father said it was a broken finger and his son underwent surgery.
2- Tagovailoa suffers high ankle sprain and exited the game and the next morning he underwent what’s called a “TightRope” surgery to repair his ankle,
3- Tagovailoa suffers high ankle sprain in opposite ankle and he had a “TightRope” procedure to repair it
4- Tagovailoa dislocates right hip against Mississippi State and underwent surgery on his right hip.
5- Tua Tagovailoa had several injuries that were repaired with surgery, but fans may not realize the Alabama quarterback also sustained a broken nose and concussion in addition to the dislocated hip. Tagovailoa is wearing a bandage on his nose as doctors also repaired it during the surgery.

Jesus.

Again another lousy interpretation, i’ve acknowledged three or four times throughout this thread that I know it was elective surgery, what part of that don’t you understand.
Elective or not it’s still surgery what part of that aren’t you understanding.

Thanks for posting this article, it backs up my
“ Conspiracy Theory” that it wasn’t a common ankle sprain.
Quote from article Tide players would normally miss two months and sometimes even longer with a significant high-ankle sprain like the one Tagovailoa suffered “
Cheers
So...

The procedure he had, is almost exclusively done at Alabama, if I recall. Which explains why it isnt a prevalent thing yet. You said youve had kids in D1 sports over 10 years..... okay, how long ago was that? This is a relatively new thing, just because you dont know if it, doesnt mean its irrelevant.

The conspiracy part .... you think there was something more going on possibly? ......such as? So they went in and did the tight rope procedure, and then..... fixed his broken ankle? Or what? These doctors arent just going in and doing whatever they want with no record of it. Cmon man

Again another lousy interpretation, i’ve acknowledged three or four times throughout this thread that I know it was elective surgery, what part of that don’t you understand.

Just so we’re clear, I like the kid so I’m not bashing. The point is he has had 5 injuries that REQUIRED surgery, elective or not.

I'm not sure you do understand elective in this particular case.....

Stop.

You are arguing that since it was a surgery it counts towards making him injury prone. It does not.

If he had the high ankle sprain and didn't ELECT to have the surgery to heal quicker, the high ankle sprain wouldn't be used to count towards him being injury prone.

And to further that wrong stance of yours, you've made the argument that he had the surgery because his high ankle sprain was so severe.

I’m happy with drafting Tua at 5. It’s a gamble worth taking. When compared historically to other top 10 picked QB’s Tua is injury prone and there’s no debate.

Clearly you’re refusing to acknowledge the debate going on in this very thread, even though you’ve clearly read through it. C’mon Birdmond, you’re wiser than that.

Stop.

You are arguing that since it was a surgery it counts towards making him injury prone. It does not.
No that’s your interpretation.

If he had the high ankle sprain and didn't ELECT to have the surgery to heal quicker, the high ankle sprain wouldn't be used to count towards him being injury prone.
No that’s your interpretation.
I would say he still got injured.

And to further that wrong stance of yours, you've made the argument that he had the surgery because his high ankle sprain was so severe.
No, I took an excerpt from an article you posted about the the injury. That line alone blew your
its a common ankle injury. Remember you called me a conspiracy theorist because I said I think there’s more to it. Here’s that line from the article you posted,
Tide players would normally miss two months and sometimes even longer with a significant high-ankle sprain like the one Tagovailoa suffered against Tennessee Oct. 19.
That significant high ankle sprain comment is not mine to clam. So there was more to it then just a little common injury.
Cheers

Thanks for posting this article, it backs up my
“ Conspiracy Theory” that it wasn’t a common ankle sprain.
Quote from article Tide players would normally miss two months and sometimes even longer with a significant high-ankle sprain like the one Tagovailoa suffered “
Cheers

That is a description of the recovery time for a high ankle sprain. It takes a long time. That doesn't mean they're uncommon. People that play sports where they can plant and roll their ankle have a tendency to suffer from them.

I can assure you that noone misses two months during a season from a high ankle sprain, unless the team needs an excuse to shut down a player. You tape it and you play on it and it sucks. The justification for the surgery is that you don't risk that further damage by playing hurt. Now I don't know what the risk/reward is in this and that is always the frightening aspect of surgery of any form.

You want to establish this direct correlation between injuries and surgeries and its just not the case. You can be injury prone and never go under the knife and injury free while getting cut open with great frequency.

Come on Travis, surgery is surgery.
Elective surgery is surgery no matter how it’s spun.
I can agree with this for sure... surgery is surgery.. however, it wasnt something Tua was required to do to continue his playing career

a hip surgery is much more meaningful to me, than something like an ankle sprain

So...

The procedure he had, is almost exclusively done at Alabama, if I recall. Which explains why it isnt a prevalent thing yet. You said youve had kids in D1 sports over 10 years..... okay, how long ago was that? This is a relatively new thing, just because you dont know if it, doesnt mean its irrelevant.

The conspiracy part .... you think there was something more going on possibly? ......such as? So they went in and did the tight rope procedure, and then..... fixed his broken ankle? Or what? These doctors arent just going in and doing whatever they want with no record of it. Cmon man
My youngest graduated last year. As you said its a relatively new thing and i certainly didn’t mean to make it sound like it wasn’t relevant. It was and that’s why he had the surgery. My point was or is that I don’t think that they would do surgery if it was just a common ankle sprain, I think there was a little more to it. It’s just my opinion not fact.

This is what you asked.....
so I've got the 2 ankle sprains, one broken finger and the hip. what is the 5th surgery?
So here you’re saying you need one more, you're implying that you have 4, right. I gave you the 5th one, so lets do it again. From a previous post to you.
1- In Alabama’s first spring practice of 2018, Tagovailoa suffered an injury to his left throwing hand. According to AL.com, the injury occurred after he hit his hand on a lineman’s helmet. Tagovailoa’s father said it was a broken finger and his son underwent surgery.
2- Tagovailoa suffers high ankle sprain and exited the game and the next morning he underwent what’s called a “TightRope” surgery to repair his ankle,
3- Tagovailoa suffers high ankle sprain in opposite ankle and he had a “TightRope” procedure to repair it
4- Tagovailoa dislocates right hip against Mississippi State and underwent surgery on his right hip.
5- Tua Tagovailoa had several injuries that were repaired with surgery, but fans may not realize the Alabama quarterback also sustained a broken nose and concussion in addition to the dislocated hip. Tagovailoa is wearing a bandage on his nose as doctors also repaired it during the surgery.
Aren’t #4 and #5 during the same the surgery?
even so, you are now counting plastic surgery as evidence of “injury-prone”

Back
Top Bottom