For those who didnt want Peyton Manning to MIA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who didnt want Peyton Manning to MIA

<<<<He didn't not come here because we are rebuilding, he and others like him didn't come here because they don't like our management. They are smart!>>>>

That's one reason. Another reason is that Denver had a ton of cap space.

the top reason is we are a dysfunctional organization.

I'll give you two choices:

Option 1) $100,000,000 contract in writing, with a boatload of it up front, right now. You will join a team that made the playoffs last season with the worst QB in the NFL behind the helm. You will play in a weak division and you have tremendously explosive young weapons to work with in the form of Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

Option 2) $30,000,000 contract, with the bulk of the money coming in year two, and I promise I will give you a 2% ownership stake in the team when you retire. Assuming I'm still the owner at that time. Also, you're joining a team that went 6-10, plays in the same division as the Patriots, and your outside weapon is Brian Hartline.

He's not a ****ing moron. Or did you think that Steve Ross is the moron, and that he would promise him like 10% of the team or more?

It happens all the time....Bowlen with Elway.....The Browns with Bernie Kosar.....they work out certain arrangements which don't always involve money. The Penguins did the same thing with Mario LeMieux. You can offer people ownership or positions within the organization after they retire. I am sure Peyton Manning has more than enough money to live on very happily, but money still talks. I think Ross spent a little over a billion to buy the Phins in 2008. The team probably hasn't gone up in value, but I am sure it is still worth a billion, but with the economy in Florida going downhill and the stadium getting old, Ross may decide to get out while he can break even?

I'll give you two choices:

Option 1) $100,000,000 contract in writing, with a boatload of it up front, right now. You will join a team that made the playoffs last season with the worst QB in the NFL behind the helm. You will play in a weak division and you have tremendously explosive young weapons to work with in the form of Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

Option 2) $30,000,000 contract, with the bulk of the money coming in year two, and I promise I will give you a 2% ownership stake in the team when you retire. Assuming I'm still the owner at that time. Also, you're joining a team that went 6-10, plays in the same division as the Patriots, and your outside weapon is Brian Hartline.

He's not a ****ing moron. Or did you think that Steve Ross is the moron, and that he would promise him like 10% of the team or more?

In business world, Ross is a genius. In football, Ross is a moron.
Case in point, Ireland is still around.

who didn't want peyton? are you just attention whoring?

I didn't and still don't. Gimping your salary cap for four years to bring in a guy who might not even play two -- and you're not sure what you will get from him week to week -- is stupid.

We need a franchise QB, not another stopgap.

I didn't and still don't. Gimping your salary cap for four years to bring in a guy who might not even play two -- and you're not sure what you will get from him week to week -- is stupid.

thanks! I don't think you're an idiot tho. however the op... maybe he and vince young have the same education.

Although I agree that Manning is a 2-3 year stop gap player, he autmatically makes you competitive. If Manning would want to come to the Dolphins, do you actually believe they don't find money in the mattress for him?

Also, the deal that he signed is full of incentives regarding his health. Trust me, they aren't mortgaging the future if he can't play anymore.

I never wanted Manning either and didn't think he'd come here. There were the False Hope Rally(s) that we had where he was going to be the centerpiece of the team, but I never thought he'd come. Not that I really wanted him anyway.

Our luck, Miami would have signed him, he'd have taken a big hit in the first TC practice and would have been done for his career. That's the way things go around here.

Same lame excuse people were saying when Manning was a free agent. I know this is a crazy idea but maybe we could have signed Manning and still drafted Tannehill :crazy:
Let Manning play as long as he can, let Tannehill learn from the best, and if Manning only plays 2 more seasons, then Tannehill could have taken the reigns. Kinda like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers in GB.

Back
Top Bottom