Former Dolphins’ Ot Jawuan James | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphins’ Ot Jawuan James

They're officially erring on the side of tank.

I think it's a good strategy.

Timing just off is all. He'll do well in Denver.

Jets have young QB and plenty of money- we will be in same position in 2020.

Don’t see RT or any OL at #13 without a trade down. The value doesn’t add up IMO.
Look for another comp pick for Cam Wake.
Don’t be shocked with Stills and Reshad trades as their contracts look much more favorable today.
Maybe Quinn as well...

This doesn't surprise me. IMHO, James is not even close to worth that kind of money, and given that it was out there for him, we made the right decision and can't be too unhappy about it. The alternative was worse--either grossly overpay a RT who has been mediocre, or let him walk. We let him walk, which was the right move, and he's out of the division.

When we didn't re-sign Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon some people cried bloody murder, but it was the right thing to do. When we didn't re-sign Jarvis Landry people thought the sky was falling, but it was the right thing to do. I don't really know how we seem to keep getting players on our mediocre team who the league thinks are the best talent at their positions despite their production …. but we do. And as long as the FA over-valuation so far exceeds their real value, there really isn't anything else we can do.

Sure, signing our FA's a couple of years before they hit the market might be possible in some cases, but aside from that--which is a gamble--we're in the same boat as the Pittsburgh Steelers, and we juts gotta let 'em go. Antonio Brown might be worth a top WR money but he forced a trade, and Leveon Bell might be worth a top RB money, but I think we can all agree that Ju'Wuan James is definitely not worth top RT money.

Some people will be heartbroken … but not me.

Time to move on.

I'm always amused by what some here think is appropriate pay. Every year they scream that most of the FAs are OVERPAID...without realizing that the cap goes up every year.
People thought we might get James back for 8 per year and that was NEVER going to happen.
We signed a TE2 for 3.5 a year and they screamed...
Blows my mind.

I'm always amused by what some here think is appropriate pay. Every year they scream that most of the FAs are OVERPAID...without realizing that the cap goes up every year.
People thought we might get James back for 8 per year and that was NEVER going to happen.
We signed a TE2 for 3.5 a year and they screamed...
Blows my mind.

Didn't see anyone with a clue mention him making less than $12mil/yr... and I don't see anyone saying they're surprised he got the contract he did in this thread, either.

Didn't see anyone with a clue mention him making less than $12mil/yr... and I don't see anyone saying they're surprised he got the contract he did in this thread, either.

Which is why we need to lock Howard and Tunsil up now. A 16-17M contract for Howard turns into an 18-20M contract next offseason.

Disappointed to see James depart but Denver appear to have overpaid big time. Ja'Wuan now becomes the highest paid RT in NFL history. To be honest, I thought he was just an OK player on a pretty mediocre offensive line. I'm actually glad that we didn't match their offer.

Back
Top Bottom