Former NFL quarterback on Tua Tagovailoa not knowing playbook: ‘That should never, ever happen’ | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former NFL quarterback on Tua Tagovailoa not knowing playbook: ‘That should never, ever happen’

View attachment 77708

From the day you floated ashore on FH, 95% of your posts have been devoted to bashing Tua and/or raining on positive Tua threads. You're another one who arrived long after Tua became part of the FH virtual family. So far you have demonstrated yourself as a 1 trick pony. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion (and that's all it is), the majority of us are entitled to question the legitimacy and credibility of that opinion and opinion-maker.
I never realized threads were pro, or anti.

I always thought they were basically an open discussion.

I guess I have a lot to learn about internet forums.

I never realized threads were pro, or anti.

I always thought they were basically an open discussion.

I guess I have a lot to learn about internet forums.
most of them are mixed.. it's the ones that are OCD-level vacuum visioned vitriolic that stand out. Hopefully that helps.

I like that Tua seems very honest and humble. His comments to me are nothing more than that. As he gets more experience, a full off season and plays tailored to his strengths and what he knows and already is good at he will be more than fine. He will, like many young QB's, take more and more command at the line of scrimmage. As Tua grows so do the Dolphins in every aspect and I can't wait to se this young, up in coming team beat the Pats week 1!
I actually think he should be criticized more for not knowing the playbook then praised for his honesty in knowing the playbook.

I can understand if he’s a little slow in that Dept and needs a couple years.

View attachment 77708

From the day you floated ashore on FH, 95% of your posts have been devoted to bashing Tua and/or raining on positive Tua threads. You're another one who arrived long after Tua became part of the FH virtual family. So far you have demonstrated yourself as a 1 trick pony. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion (and that's all it is), the majority of us are entitled to question the legitimacy and credibility of that opinion and opinion-maker.
As long as people keep shouting their blind fath about a rookie QB coming off a below average rookie season, I keep giving my counter opinions. You can skip my posts. Use the ignor function. It is there for a reason.

Let's be clear, Grant was 2nd team as a RETURNER, not a WR. So the question must be framed as such. Are we going to waste a roster spot on a returner?? Wouldn't be the first time, but that doesn't mean he won't be released since we also got two returners in the draft.
Ok, thanks for answering the question...

We got two returners in the draft that can replace a 2nd team All-Pro.

There are two QBs out there that can replace a QB who can't pick up a dumbed-down version of a playbook.

Our playbook was simple...Parker runs fades and the other WR's run something underneath.

As long as people keep shouting their blind fath about a rookie QB coming off a below average rookie season, I keep giving my counter opinions. You can skip my posts. Use the ignor function. It is there for a reason.
No.. newbie.. you and I are tied at the waist.

AAMOF, you graphically inspire me, so thanks

1622397232539.png

I'm on the fence with Tua. Glass half full. Give the kid at least some slack. Was he fully healthy when the Fins drafted him? No. Was his conditioning and pre season harder than the average rookie QB coming into the NFL because of his injury. Absolutely. Did he show signs he can play? Yes. Does he have a better supporting cast on Offense around him going into this season? On paper definitely.
Is there room for improvement? Of course.
No point going over old ground. He will either show up and show improvement or the coaches will decide on Plan B beit going for the likes of Watson or Drafting another QB.

I actually think he should be criticized more for not knowing the playbook then praised for his honesty in knowing the playbook.

I can understand if he’s a little slow in that Dept and needs a couple years.
The playbook was designed for Fitz.. the onus is less on Tua for thinking things will come as easily as at Alabama, and more on Chan for not drilling and preparing him better..

The playbook was designed for Fitz.. the onus is less on Tua for thinking things will come as easily as at Alabama, and more on Chan for not drilling and preparing him better..
Exactly. Fitz and Gailey have moved on for a reason and I don't think Flores thought he would be starting Tua so early in the season.

I am proud to stir up the pot, and dragging you along. I dare you not keeping me on your radar. I will have so much fun with you.
and vice versa.. once in the past, before he received his just desserts, a negative a$$ fisure named nyjunc was my muse. I'm counting on you to maintain a similar standard

Compared to who ? Herbert maybe

His stats tell us he was above average just not spectacular compared to some of the greats rookie seasons

TDs vs INTs and such
QB power ranking 28.
People like to throw out numbers like td int ratio....sure if you throw check downs and short routes.

Back
Top Bottom