Former NFL quarterback on Tua Tagovailoa not knowing playbook: ‘That should never, ever happen’ | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former NFL quarterback on Tua Tagovailoa not knowing playbook: ‘That should never, ever happen’

Nice try but idiotic.

Jakeem Grant isn't coming off his rookie year, nor coming off a career threatening injury into his first camp with a pandemic, nor was he a 1st round pick....or playing the hardest position on the field.

But DPhinz_DPhinz gonna DPhinz_DPhinz
It's only idiotic because you added another layer to the mix...

What you said was, "It's more amazing the length so many Dolphins fans will go to just NOT back their quarterback."

Everyone isn't going to chap their lips on Tua's a** for looking like an UDFA...WHO DIDN'T "feel comfortable" WITH A DUMBED DOWN PLAYBOOK.

Not to the point you put forward (not the point you expect OG Fluffers to crowd around)...there are people who aren't going to back mediocrity, especially when we've had decades of it at that position. In contrast, I asked you if you support our 2nd team All-Pro...and you found a way not to answer the question.

To be able to call BS on my post you would have to somehow prove that there are Jets fans pretending to be Dolphins fans...

I'll wait on that data, until such time as it is available I think I'll stand on my notion that there are 10X as many Tua fans pretending to be Dolphins fans as there are Jets fans pretending to be Dolphins fans.
Just an observation here but, on the surface, you appear to be admonishing someone's opinion for not having empirical data, while not having any data to back up your own?

Of the two hyperbolic, and completely unprovable scenarios, I would say your's is far less likely to be the case.

My guess is the vast majority of regular posters here are true Dolphin fans, who want a winning championship franchise. There are a lot of disagreements on what is the best course to achieve that, but almost all of us want a sucessful team, individually being "right" be damned.

Just an observation here but, on the surface, you appear to be admonishing someone's opinion for not having empirical data, while not having any data to back up your own?

Of the two hyperbolic, and completely unprovable scenarios, I would say your's is far less likely to be the case.

My guess is the vast majority of regular posters here are true Dolphin fans, who want a winning championship franchise. There are a lot of disagreements on what is the best course to achieve that, but almost all of us want a sucessful team, individually being "right" be damned.
That's exactly what I'm doing...

The OP had the common sense to leave it be because he obviously saw that both our points twist in the wind.

You decided to move the needle further.

LOL cry me a river Francis.

It’s a legit article with quotes from a former nfl QB.
Another undistinguished, but on an apples to apples basis, more accomplished QB, Dan Orlovsky is bullish on Tua. In the battle of the neer do well vs semi neer do well, I will yield to the guy who played and won more games . Legit opinion from a former nfl QB

Noted and appreciated.
My post was edited, fine. No problem.
But I don't see the the poster first calling people ' idiots ' had any edite.

what's good for the goose is good for the gander

PM me if you don't agree.
He was referring to the media's talking heads, re-read the post...

No it's NOT a fact.
He threw twice as many TDs as picks, posted a 6-3 record on a team coming off a 5-11 season, and had almost exactly the same numbers as Burrows, who everyone says had a great year (but Burrows couldn't win games). Tua had a better rookie season than Mahomes, Peyton, Rodgers, Josh Allen and all but a handful of others. He posted AS A ROOKIE a 87 quarterback rating, which Marino had a career rating of only 86. Could he have been better, maybe but add in no offseason, spending most of his time rehabbing and I can't imagine anyone realistically expecting better.

Good to see you posting again KTOWN :UP:

Brady's struggles' with the playbook resulted in a 65.7% completion rate and 4,633 yards along with a Super Bowl win.
Tua's 'struggles' with the playbook resulted in a 64.1% completion rate and 1,814 yards along with being benched twice.

Comparing what Brady calls a 'struggle' to what Tua calls a 'struggle' are obviously two very different things.

I hope Tua balls out this year and we beat Buffalo for the AFC East title and get into the Post-Season. That said, I can still say Tua didn't help his team very much last year and he'll be the first one to say he has to do a lot better this year.

A rookie with no true training camp saying he wasn't comfortable with the playbook is not uncommon.

I listened to the Pat McAfee show on Friday and he was asked about it and he was joined by Darius Butler and AJ Hawk and all 3 said a rookie qb not being comfortable with the playbook year 1 is... normal (unless you are Andrew Luck they said as he has a legit photographic memory).

Biggest thing Tua had to learn is also the same thing many young QBs have to learn. The windows in the pros ain't as big as in college and they close a lot quicker... but I also think, and Tua and the coaches say this too, it was clear last year that Tua was using more of his arm than his core cause of the hip.

It's only idiotic because you added another layer to the mix...

What you said was, "It's more amazing the length so many Dolphins fans will go to just NOT back their quarterback."

Everyone isn't going to chap their lips on Tua's a** for looking like an UDFA...WHO DIDN'T "feel comfortable" WITH A DUMBED DOWN PLAYBOOK.

Not to the point you put forward (not the point you expect OG Fluffers to crowd around)...there are people who aren't going to back mediocrity, especially when we've had decades of it at that position. In contrast, I asked you if you support our 2nd team All-Pro...and you found a way not to answer the question.
Let's be clear, Grant was 2nd team as a RETURNER, not a WR. So the question must be framed as such. Are we going to waste a roster spot on a returner?? Wouldn't be the first time, but that doesn't mean he won't be released since we also got two returners in the draft.

Critique of Tua = Bills fan

That's some logic you got going there.
1622396460159.png

From the day you floated ashore on FH, 95% of your posts have been devoted to bashing Tua and/or raining on positive Tua threads. You're another one who arrived long after Tua became part of the FH virtual family. So far you have demonstrated yourself as a 1 trick pony. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion (and that's all it is), the majority of us are entitled to question the legitimacy and discount the credibility of that opinion and opinion-maker.

No it's NOT a fact.
He threw twice as many TDs as picks, posted a 6-3 record on a team coming off a 5-11 season, and had almost exactly the same numbers as Burrows, who everyone says had a great year (but Burrows couldn't win games). Tua had a better rookie season than Mahomes, Peyton, Rodgers, Josh Allen and all but a handful of others. He posted AS A ROOKIE a 87 quarterback rating, which Marino had a career rating of only 86. Could he have been better, maybe but add in no offseason, spending most of his time rehabbing and I can't imagine anyone realistically expecting better.
Football is a team sport last time I check.
Its is not 'Tua beats teams 6 - 3. Stop with that.
Lets focus on offense instead of the team win lose record.
How many TD did the offense turn into off INT? None.

Back
Top Bottom