Former NFL quarterback on Tua Tagovailoa not knowing playbook: ‘That should never, ever happen’ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former NFL quarterback on Tua Tagovailoa not knowing playbook: ‘That should never, ever happen’

Its only lazy reporting because you don't like what he had to say.

Nothing he said was out of line or incorrect.

Its amazing the lengths people will go to in order to defend Tua from accurate reporting.
No, its actually someone who has had no success nitpicking the candor of a hobbled rookie who has already surpassed him. This is someone after a limited failed career never went into coaching to develop expertise instead heading directly into broadcasting tovtalk out of his butt about players he can only dream of being. You always must consider the source.

Its not as if Favre or Montana is criticizing Tua after having walked the walk!

Noted and appreciated.
My post was edited, fine. No problem.
But I don't see the the poster first calling people ' idiots ' had any edite.

what's good for the goose is good for the gander

PM me if you don't agree.

No need

I edited the other post as well

Carry on

Yes but that’s a MASSIVE difference. One guy is the GOAT so naturally he should be afforded more leniency. The other guy is a rookie who had an overall slightly worse than expected rookie season. Saying Tom Brady struggled too is not an apples to apples comparison. Especially true because brady you know… still won the super bowl. This is coming from a huge Tua supporter and advocate.
the point is, if a 20 year vet, multi-super bowl champion, league MVP, etc. etc. etc. admits that it took him well into last season to master his new playbook, with allll his vast experience, how is it news, or even discussion-worthy, when a rookie QB with no training camp says he wasn't able to master every nuance of Chan Gailey's Ryan Fitzpatrick playbook last season?

it's nonsensical.

in an ideal world, both players would know their current playbook like they have been in that system, with that terminology, for a decade.

what Brady is telling you, it doesn't necessarily work like that, even for the greatest and most experienced players in the league.

I don't get this obsession within the sports media to make every molehill into a mountain when it comes to Tua. Not that many in the sports media are worth taking seriously to begin with but this just seems to be on another level.
This guy gets it! Truly

Sorry guys, I just read up on the TOs and saw that posters aren’t aloud to post negative articles or comments about Tua.(hahaha)
The fans on Finheaven know more about football and how it works then everyone else,
Anyone who does is a dip sh_t and know nothing, they’re all hacks, the 2mil+ football fans around the world are ignorant.
What does Terrell Owens have to do with anything?

Its only lazy reporting because you don't like what he had to say.

Nothing he said was out of line or incorrect.

Its amazing the lengths people will go to in order to defend Tua from accurate reporting.
It's more amazing the length so many Dolphins fans will go to just NOT back their quarterback. You are one of these people, and it's pathetic. Dare I say disgusting. Same bullsh1t starting now as with Tannehill back in the day.

For crissakes the kid came back in less than one year from a potential career threatening injury, during a pandemic limited offseason, and helped us to our best season in years. His numbers were VERY respectable. If Tyrod Taylor doesn't get stuck wrong with a needle this bullsh1t Tua narrative is nonexistent.

Yet, so many Dolphin fans want to bitch about the first year of a rookies season and throw him in the trash. Like I've said before, I commend the admins/mods here, because I simply wouldn't allow the same posters to spew the hate over and over (and before you say it, this is a private site, you don't have "freedom of speech").

Too many Bills fans pretending to be Dolphins fans on fan sites?
10x as many Tua fans pretending to be Dolphins fans...and that's a conservative estimate.

10x as many Tua fans pretending to be Dolphins fans...and that's a conservative estimate.
funny, the vast majority of people i interact with were fans here well before Tua stepped in for Jalen Hurts and won the National Championship.

so i will have to call BS on your post, my friend.

It's more amazing the length so many Dolphins fans will go to just NOT back their quarterback. You are one of these people, and it's pathetic. Dare I say disgusting. Same bullsh1t starting now as with Tannehill back in the day.
Jakeem Grant was 2nd Team All-Pro last season...

Do you back him being a part of the team next season?

If so...why?

If not...why?

funny, the vast majority of people i interact with were fans here well before Tua stepped in for Jalen Hurts and won the National Championship.

so i will have to call BS on your post, my friend.
To be able to call BS on my post you would have to somehow prove that there are Jets fans pretending to be Dolphins fans...

I'll wait on that data, until such time as it is available I think I'll stand on my notion that there are 10X as many Tua fans pretending to be Dolphins fans as there are Jets fans pretending to be Dolphins fans.

Jakeem Grant was 2nd Team All-Pro last season...

Do you back him being a part of the team next season?

If so...why?

If not...why?
Nice try but idiotic.

Jakeem Grant isn't coming off his rookie year, nor coming off a career threatening injury into his first camp with a pandemic, nor was he a 1st round pick....or playing the hardest position on the field.

But DPhinz_DPhinz gonna DPhinz_DPhinz

Do not attack part of finfan family as idiots only because they me include have a different opinion. Saying Tua was not good last year, its the fact.
No it's NOT a fact.
He threw twice as many TDs as picks, posted a 6-3 record on a team coming off a 5-11 season, and had almost exactly the same numbers as Burrows, who everyone says had a great year (but Burrows couldn't win games). Tua had a better rookie season than Mahomes, Peyton, Rodgers, Josh Allen and all but a handful of others. He posted AS A ROOKIE a 87 quarterback rating, which Marino had a career rating of only 86. Could he have been better, maybe but add in no offseason, spending most of his time rehabbing and I can't imagine anyone realistically expecting better.

Back
Top Bottom