Free agents we actaully MUST add - Offensive Linemen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agents we actaully MUST add - Offensive Linemen

Thanks for posting... would be extra insightful for those of us who know only a few of them, what type of expected market they will land. You mentioned it about one or two of them....

any of them going to get an under the radar "normal" contract?

Regardless of what people think of Austin Jackson, we need AT LEAST one more starter quality player for the OL. Someone like Eichenburg should never see another starter snap again. Put him, Shell, and whoever else you like in backup roles and get us one more starters (or maybe 2 depending on what they think of Ajax).
according to sportrac

Brown - 5 yrs $112 mil or 22 per yr
McGlinchy - 4 yrs $43 Mil or 10 per yr
Kelcie - 1 yr 12 mil
Seumalo - 2 yrs 24 mil
McGary - 4 yrs 70 mil or 17 per yr
Risner - 4 yrs 38 mil or 9 mil per
Powers - NA
Pocic - 4yrs 28 mill or 7 per
Taylor - 3 yrs 17 mil or 5.8 per
Beachum - 2yrs 7 mil or 3.5 per

Looking all this up sucked BTW lol

Being ranked 21st in line is pretty good considering how many injuries we sustained. A clean card and we would have ranked much higher... I think you realize this. No?
You could argue if Jackson didn't get hurt we coulda been worse bc Shell was much better than Jackson was.

We agree to disagree on this, there is no world where I'll be convinced we're good enough on the oline right now.

Being ranked 21st in Oline, isn't good enough to win a title.
Well I think he means we could have even been higher without all the injuries..

Cotton has been singed to a future contract so he is staying.. I would probably try to keep Shell and also maybe Lamm.

Dieter is probably gone.

My hope would be Jones beats out Eich.

Ajax will get a chance yet again as he seemed to have a better camp before injury and he is young.

Not sure if they make any other front line starter FA move if so maybe RT?

You could argue if Jackson didn't get hurt we coulda been worse bc Shell was much better than Jackson was.

We agree to disagree on this, there is no world where I'll be convinced we're good enough on the oline right now.
Shell was not much better... Jackson had looked really improved until he was injured... and that happens sometimes, but I'm not worried about convincing you when your mind is made up.

Well I think he means we could have even been higher without all the injuries..

Cotton has been singed to a future contract so he is staying.. I would probably try to keep Shell and also maybe Lamm.

Dieter is probably gone.

My hope would be Jones beats out Eich.

Ajax will get a chance yet again as he seemed to have a better camp before injury and he is young.

Not sure if they make any other front line starter FA move if so maybe RT?
Which brings us back to my main concern... we don't have a backup Center currently. None of our backups have played there.
Whether we resign Dieter, sign a Vet backup type (like Dieter) or actually surprise and draft a guy, I do think this is job 1.

Shell was not much better... Jackson had looked really improved until he was injured... and that happens sometimes, but I'm not worried about convincing you when your mind is made up.
I know this isn't scripture but pff has Shell ranked a 64.9 and Jackson ranked 57.9. Shell falls around the lower end of mid tier tackles and Jackson is towards the bottom of the NFL.

Which brings us back to my main concern... we don't have a backup Center currently. None of our backups have played there.
Whether we resign Dieter, sign a Vet backup type (like Dieter) or actually surprise and draft a guy, I do think this is job 1.
Two people touch the football šŸˆon the offensive side more than anyone else. The Center and the QB.

Will be interested to see what falls to us in the second round.

Two people touch the football šŸˆon the offensive side more than anyone else. The Center and the QB.

Will be interested to see what falls to us in the second round.
I know there are those who advocate for moving Williams to Guard. I'm not one of them, but if we draft a Center early... then I'm going to say, we're leaning towards doing that.

I know there are those who advocate for moving Williams to Guard. I'm not one of them, but if we draft a Center early... then I'm going to say, we're leaning towards doing that.

I think it is a nice problem to have.

To me the top four positions are TE, ILB, Line and CB. You can arrange them in order of priority and it wouldn't matter in my opinion. All are equally important this off-season.

I guess if you had to hold me to it, CB is the least important since we should get some injured players back in 23.
Tua's rating with 4 wrs was amazing. Maybe bring in some average Joe's to compete at te. They shouldn't be trying to find reasons not to use at least 3 wrs. We've already paid and drafted our wrs. Let's play them.

How did Tua survive last year?
LT - Austin Jackson
LG - Liam Eichenberg/Solomon Kindley
C - Michael Deiter
RG - Robert Hunt
RT - Jesse Davis
The weird thing about his injuries in 2022 is that the first one was on a late hit (that drew a flag) when the defensive player gave a two-handed shove to Tua's chest. This was NOT the Line's fault; they'd actually done their job.
The second concussion happened because Tua held the ball waaaaay too long; that concussion was directly on Tua.
The third one wasn't even much of a hit; Tua just should not have been playing yet. That one is on the NFL Concussion Protocol (for which they should be sued).

NONE of these were on our line. Not one.

Then add in our greatly improved running game (with journeyman RBs) and I think we have something here.

Back
Top Bottom