Free Agents | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agents

Lots of draft talk, just wanted to see opinions on potential free agents to go after. Which player/players could we sign to start right away and make the biggest impact. After a quick search, here is a list of potential targets. Please add any players of interest that I missed.

WR - Allen Robinson
WR - Chris Godwin
WR - JuJu Smith- Schuster
WR - Will Fuller
WR - Curtis Samuel
WR - Corey Davis
TE - Hunter Henry
RT - Taylor Moton
G - Joe Thuney
C - Corey Linsley
DT - Sheldon Rankins
DE - Leonard Williams
LB - Shaq Barrett
LB - Avery Williamson
LB - Lavonte David
LB - Haason Redick
LB - Matt Judon
LB - Leonard Floyd
S - Justin Simmons
S - Marcus Williams
S - Marcus Maye
S - Keanu Neal
S - Malik Hooker

Just in case things get ugly with Howard, or if he is dealt in a Watson deal.

CB - Shaquill Griffin
CB - Mike Hilton
CB - Desmond King
WR- Ty Hilton also a free agent!

Juju is a good guy...hes young. He produces. Flo would set the expectations...
If Miami signs him, then obviously Flo would feel that way. Again, really like the player at the right price.

Since the draft is loaded at wide receiver, I might just draft two fairly early and spend elsewhere in free agency.

Will Fuller is the guy who I’m monitoring extremely closely. He’s on a substance abuse suspension, and he’s had a ton of injury’s. If I can use that as leverage to get him on a prove it deal maybe 1 year 15 mill or something like that I love it. He’s a top 3 Deep threat WR, having a guy like that can help open up an entire offense. He’s a unique talent with a skill set we desperately need. Trent Dilfer said Tua is the best four verts QB he’s ever seen let’s get a guy who is elite at going deep. Plus in my hypothetical you still keep long term cap flexibility
Fuller seems like another guy who would get behind the D and then drop the ball.
Dont want those guys.

I don’t think Miami will green light Carl lawsons run defense play

he’s basically an undersized situational rusher

Godwin in FA, Smith in draft
Redick in FA, or David.
Simmons in FA.
I would really like Simmons but he is going to probably get 15 million a year. Miami is already paying huge vor the CB position, will they add another 15 million a year for the defensive backfield position?

If we need talent and experience AJ Green and Alejandro Villanueva are good target to get better offense and help Tua.
+ Smith or Sewell with our 3rd.

villanueva is too old and they aren’t looking for a left tackle

seriously doubt they spend real money on older vets

I think the Bucs will tag Godwin if they can't re-sign him to a long term deal.

yep

ju ju is the one most likely to hit the market and he’s also the one you better watch out for a bad contract the most with

I would really like Simmons but he is going to probably get 15 million a year. Miami is already paying huge vor the CB position, will they add another 15 million a year for the defensive backfield position?
True, but X wants to restructure his contract, and they may offer him up as trade bait. Imagine two firsts 2021/2022 for him to a team that is on the cusp.

Question, if we use our picks for Watson, and trade away Tua to either Hou or other team, do we still have cap room to make a play for Robinson?

And if we have room, should we go after Robinson?

Back
Top Bottom