Free Agents | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agents

Will Fuller is the guy who I’m monitoring extremely closely. He’s on a substance abuse suspension, and he’s had a ton of injury’s. If I can use that as leverage to get him on a prove it deal maybe 1 year 15 mill or something like that I love it. He’s a top 3 Deep threat WR, having a guy like that can help open up an entire offense. He’s a unique talent with a skill set we desperately need. Trent Dilfer said Tua is the best four verts QB he’s ever seen let’s get a guy who is elite at going deep. Plus in my hypothetical you still keep long term cap flexibility

I expect there to be some interest in JuJu because of the Tua connection, despite his antics which I don't personally have any issues with. Not sure how Flo feels though.

Godwin is the receiver I really want. If we can't get either of those two, I'd pass on tier 1 guys and target Curtis Samuel, then draft Smith.

WR - JuJu Smith- Schuster
G - Joe Thuney
DE - Leonard Williams
LB - Shaq Barrett
LB - Lavonte David
LB - Matt Judon
LB - Leonard Floyd
S - Marcus Maye

This team has 4 draft picks in the first 2 rounds as of now. I think things are looking good for us to to be able to trade down with #3, and end up with 1 or 2 more picks. If things fall our way, and we do get 6 picks(3,1st, and 3, 2nd) we could address 6 of the 7 positions of need. Seems we will have the cap space to be able to add 2 impact FA. Position of needs.
WR
RB
OT
C
Edge
LB
S
After only the second offseason of a rebuild we are setting pretty.
Agreed, all that draft capital is gone after this year. I fulley expect them to move out of the #3, and wouldn't be shocked to see them move back from #18 as well.

Curtis Samuel would fit very well if we are not drafting Waddle. It’s likely the panthers will let him walk

Parker, Smith, Samuel is a dynamic 1-3

I wanted justin Simmons last year before he was franchise tagged so I’d hope we go after him again. Upgrading from McCain is a key to the off-season for me.
Samuel is a bit underrated. I don't see the most crisp routes from him, but his speed alone does get him separation. He's very good at finding the hole in zone coverage. He also has really good hands. Of the full-time receivers he had the highest catch percentage of all WR's in the league. There are two receivers that had higher, but they were receivers 4/5 on the depth charts and both had less than 40 targets.

I'd rather draft a Waddle or Atwell (if he weighs in at 180lbs or heavier), but wouldn't be upset signing Samuel at the right price.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is half Samoan and apparently has a connection with Tua. He doesn't come cheap but don't underestimate the possibility that JuJu becomes a Dolphin. WR is a position of need and he's a free agent. My hunch is that we don't solely rely on drafting a top WR, we also acquire one in free agency.
Not sure what's going on with the Tik Tok stuff from him, but that aside he does the dirty work. Runs tough routes inside and blocks. He's one I was talking about earlier this season for Miami. But yeah, he wont come cheap.

Will Fuller is the guy who I’m monitoring extremely closely. He’s on a substance abuse suspension, and he’s had a ton of injury’s. If I can use that as leverage to get him on a prove it deal maybe 1 year 15 mill or something like that I love it. He’s a top 3 Deep threat WR, having a guy like that can help open up an entire offense. He’s a unique talent with a skill set we desperately need. Trent Dilfer said Tua is the best four verts QB he’s ever seen let’s get a guy who is elite at going deep. Plus in my hypothetical you still keep long term cap flexibility
1 year 15 mil is not a prove it deal. Will Fuller scares the **** out of me because his best year came when he was busted for Performance enhancing drugs. Did he have his best season cause Nuk was gone, or because he was cheating. Hows he gonna look when he's off the juice, will his body go back to being injury riddled like in the past.

Another thing to look at, that im surprised was mentioned, or maybe it was but i overlooked....
Comp picks...
For the FA's we could potentially lose, its not going to really affect us in the comp game. That was one of BB's things, Karras and GodChaux are the only potential starters we might lose. but really we dont have any players that will sign a big pay day elsewhere leaving. So say we do have the cap room, and you want to go out and get an A Robinson or A Jones (which im not advocating for) its not gonna cost us potential comp pics

Another thing to look at, that im surprised was mentioned, or maybe it was but i overlooked....
Comp picks...
For the FA's we could potentially lose, its not going to really affect us in the comp game. That was one of BB's things, Karras and GodChaux are the only potential starters we might lose. but really we dont have any players that will sign a big pay day elsewhere leaving. So say we do have the cap room, and you want to go out and get an A Robinson or A Jones (which im not advocating for) its not gonna cost us potential comp pics

You can't start getting a lot of comp picks until you have good players

AJ Johnson is exactly what we need at inside linebacker. He is a restricted free agent. Denver would have to match our offer.

This video takes a stab at what the Dolphins should do in terms of the 2021 FA and draft.
I agree with some of his views, specially when it comes to FA. If we want to draft a WR with #3 we should get an OL in FA and vice versa.
I also feel we should not go overboard in FA as we have a good number of picks in this years draft.

This video takes a stab at what the Dolphins should do in terms of the 2021 FA and draft.
I agree with some of his views, specially when it comes to FA. If we want to draft a WR with #3 we should get an OL in FA and vice versa.
I also feel we should not go overboard in FA as we have a good number of picks in this years draft.

Not horrible, but like you not sure I agree with all of it.

RB
Breida- Sorry but I see talent and lots of speed there and do not understand the non use if stubbornness remains then maybe James White?
WR
Agholar- 700+yds 18 per 8 TD's yes a bit of a risk but gives everything that is missing from our WR's
CB
Rasul Douglas- 26 long 6'2 up and down player but cheap and former 3rd rd picl

Obviously there are better options my thinking was based on getting #1's through the draft and not spending too much

Back
Top Bottom