Frerotte article on cnnsi (interesting saban comments) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte article on cnnsi (interesting saban comments)

I don't really blame the guy for being bitter. He played his *** off and he did alright and we didn't want to keep him. It's his livelihood and you can't expect him to take it well when someone basically says, "too old, go away." It's all he knows. The interesting thing I take out of this, combined with someone else's post about saban via a chambers interview with meyers, is that maybe things aren't as rosy as we'd like to believe with saban at the helm. I don't know if him saying that saban doesn't know a thing about the offense and that he doesn't really listen at all is purely sour grapes. It could be so it surely has to be discounted some, but if he was cut and thought saban was a great coach but business is business he may not have had any ammo to shoot off. Just some thoughts, take them with a grain of salt too.

GCD960 said:
some loyalty by scott to tell gus about the benchin...

If Linehan and Frerotte are friends, why wouldn't he tell him? I think we should have kept him (as a starter and drafted for the future), if only to increase consistency on the offense.

his family was harrassed in the stands to the point of making his daughter cry...a drunk with the "he efn sucks" and such.

SkapePhin said:
Sour Freakin Grapes. I hate that guy.. He frickin SUCKED and he has the gaul to say his "pride was hurt" when he was asked to take a backup role? He is ANCIENT and a LIFELONG BACKUP! And no, he didnt lead us to a 9-7 record... Rosenfels was responsible for a win or two, and the D was a big part of the rest of the Ws, just like this year.

Gus can stick it. Hate the guy. He is right where he belongs.
Could you please be a little more forth coming? I mean how do you Really Feel?:lol:

Frankly, I wish he were still here, starting for another season to allow a first-round rookie QB we'd drafted to get warmed up. That's the route we should have taken. I don't find his comments about Saban comforting, nor do I find them surprising.

He's a fool really. If he had signed a playing time based deal he would have earned more money and got to keep starting.

Hell I'd be surprised if he's not lashing out cause he now realizes such.

VanDolPhan said:
He's a fool really. If he had signed a playing time based deal he would have earned more money and got to keep starting.

Hell I'd be surprised if he's not lashing out cause he now realizes such.

Yeah, how foolish of him not to want to go back to being the backup for Daunte again, after leading the Fins to a winning season. :rolleyes:

Yeah, how foolish of him not to want to go back to being the backup for Daunte again, after leading the Fins to a winning season. :rolleyes:

Again, HE didnt lead the Phins to ANYTHING... Gus sucked JUST as much, if not worse, than Harrington.. Had our savior Sage Rosenfels not come in during the 3rd quarter of the Bills game last season, we would not have finished 9-7.. Our defense, just like this year, was responsible for the majority of our wins.

And yes it was foolish.. Had his sorry *** had any semblance of mental toughness, he would have stuck around and had an opportunity to start.. Instead, he is just what he has always been... a BACKUP!

Gus would have eff'd the dog this year under Mularkey.
Linehan was the real difference. To hell with all of them. I feel like the one with sour grapes watching a different coordinator/QB every year.

I'll tell you what, If I got anything out of that article it's that the NFL is a cold, lonely place with little or NO loyalty to the aged, middle-of-the road player. Guess what, there's more of them then there are superstars.

I'll tell you what, If I got anything out of that article it's that the NFL is a cold, lonely place with little or NO loyalty to the aged, middle-of-the road player. Guess what, there's more of them then there are superstars.

Forgive me if I dont shed a tear for a guy whose job it is to sit on a bench holding a clipboard with the best seat in the house at football games and still makes more than most doctors...

Forgive me if I dont shed a tear for a guy whose job it is to sit on a bench holding a clipboard with the best seat in the house at football games and still makes more than most doctors...

I know, I know. I'm just talking about the sheer backstabbing and really what a back seat the game and the play have taken to the business.

dang Skape...he put it all on the line for us brother...it's not like these guys want to do badly... they don't want to suck...

and not many Doctors allow themselves to be stalked at high speed by armoured 300 pound men....

dang Skape...he put it all on the line for us brother...it's not like these guys want to do badly... they don't want to suck...

and not many Doctors allow themselves to be stalked at high speed by armoured 300 pound men....

Listen, I was never a Gus fan, and he did nothing for us other than hold down the ship for 15 or so games.. We owed him nothing... And he knows this. He has probably the sweetest job in the world right now, and he still shoots off his mouth at any chance he gets? Its absurd.

And football players dont make that much money because of the punishment they get.. That is not what merits that absurd chunk of change. Its the fact that they have a camera on them. No camera, No money. Thats just the way it is. I, for one, think it is ludicrous to give entertainers more money that crucial members of society, but I understand why it occurs.

Back
Top Bottom