Frerotte article on cnnsi (interesting saban comments) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte article on cnnsi (interesting saban comments)

"That's absolutely not true," Saban said. "I make those decisions, Scott Linehan doesn't make them and he didn't make them here, and maybe somebody told Gus Frerotte that to get him to leave here, but that is absolutely not true. I mean, I would swear on my life, my children's life and everybody else that that is absolutely not true.

"I'm not accusing anybody, but that is absolutely not true."

Good enough for me. I can pretty much believe that especially when he swears on his family.

Gus Frerotte was good but what we're gonna be doin in the future is beyond what he can bring to the table. What he said about Saban is not true. Saban denied that in his press conference this afternoon. It's a bunch of crap and Coach Saban wouldn't do anything to put his players in that type of position. Gus is a bitter player who never got what he wanted a long term situation to be a starting QB on a team. Sorry Gus look what happens when you decide to play well when you're 36...NO DEAL! :D

I didn't see anything really wrong with what he said...he was telling the truth....man, what dirty deal Denver did...missed 500,000 by ONE play because Shanny yanked him on purpose.

You are right to a degree.

I do find it funny however that when asked if he would have considered backing up Culpepper he answers with such attitude and claims his pride is hurt YET he so willingly leaves for a team where he is guaranteed to be a back up again.

Yes his buddy Linehan went there but if his pride was so "hurt" and if he felt so strongly that he should be starting don't you think he would have looked for a team where he could compete for a starting job?

I call Bullshiznit on Frerrote.

As one put it, "Sour Grapes".

You are right to a degree.

I do find it funny however that when asked if he would have considered backing up Culpepper he answers with such attitude and claims his pride is hurt YET he so willingly leaves for a team where he is guaranteed to be a back up again.

Yes his buddy Linehan went there but if his pride was so "hurt" and if he felt so strongly that he should be starting don't you think he would have looked for a team where he could compete for a starting job?

I call Bullshiznit on Frerrote.

As one put it, "Sour Grapes".

well, I can go with that... remember his wife and daughter were badly treated at a game too

In the article he was definitely upset w/the direction Saban wanted to go but he never slammed the coaches like he could have........and.......what did he say that was so bad? The team did well under his and Linehans leadership.......and can you blame him for being ticked for Saban saying things like he's to old, wanting to go w/someone younger,etc??? I know that would piss me off.

Saban indicated that someone might have fed him this to get him to sign elsewhere... hmmmmm, Scott?

You know it sure does sound like Saban is pointing a there's-your-real-culprit finger towards St Louis doesn't it.....Maybe Gus needs to find out who his real friends are before whining yet AGAIN about his starting status.

In the article he was definitely upset w/the direction Saban wanted to go but he never slammed the coaches like he could have........and.......what did he say that was so bad? The team did well under his and Linehans leadership.......and can you blame him for being ticked for Saban saying things like he's to old, wanting to go w/someone younger,etc??? I know that would piss me off.

The team was OK. Seriously, it wasn't like he took us to the playoffs. If he would have stayed instead of throwing a hissy fit he would have been starting this season anyway. Instead he's got blisters on his rear from sitting on the bench all season.

LOL, the funny thing to me is he did NOT want to stay and be a backup here, but decided to go be a back up in St Louis! The slap in the face of him is that if he was the back up here ... he would have played a BUNCH of games. Where in St Louis, he has played ZERO!!!!

Sorry Gus, but you really have to think things through. Daunte would be the starter, but off of surgery the odds of you playing are HIGH.
You know that is kinda funny. I cant say I blame him for leaving after some of the abuse he and his family took from the fans but he never really struck me as a stand up team kind of guy. Made the remarks last year during the preseason kinda bitching about how Saban should hurry up and name a starter. I could be wrong but doesn't he kinda have that rep as being a bit of an idiot? I might be wrong but I seem to rember him having that reputation. Even outside of the ":idea:I think I'll headbut a wall" thing.

Geez, I'm not suprise you are on Gu's side..

I mean of course you would come to that conclusion..

Back
Top Bottom