Frerotte article on cnnsi (interesting saban comments) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte article on cnnsi (interesting saban comments)

Sour Freakin Grapes. I hate that guy.. He frickin SUCKED and he has the gaul to say his "pride was hurt" when he was asked to take a backup role? He is ANCIENT and a LIFELONG BACKUP! And no, he didnt lead us to a 9-7 record... Rosenfels was responsible for a win or two, and the D was a big part of the rest of the Ws, just like this year.

Gus can stick it. Hate the guy. He is right where he belongs.
when Saban brought in DC, I had no problem that we got rid of Gus, however, he was a critical part of last year's success. I was very pleased with the way Gus played. He brought some desperatley needed leadership to our offense. Gus' age was a big factor in not bringing him back, and I don't think he was the player to win a championship but his play was much better than what we saw from Harrignton this year. This isn't to suggest that bringing in JH was a mistake- I thought it was a reasonable move given JH's potential and age- but I'm just saying I think you are being a little too critical of a player who played well for the Dolphins last year.

Again, HE didnt lead the Phins to ANYTHING... Gus sucked JUST as much, if not worse, than Harrington.. Had our savior Sage Rosenfels not come in during the 3rd quarter of the Bills game last season, we would not have finished 9-7.. Our defense, just like this year, was responsible for the majority of our wins.

And yes it was foolish.. Had his sorry *** had any semblance of mental toughness, he would have stuck around and had an opportunity to start.. Instead, he is just what he has always been... a BACKUP!
Where was our so called saviour duiring the Cleveland game last year?

Oh come on guys, don't be so sensitive. NOTHING he said was that bad. I'd take Gus over Harrington any freakin day of the week. One play sticks out in my mind. It was 3rd and long in SD last year where Gus dropped back and under serious pressure he side stepped the rush and hurled the ball about 45 or 50 yards down field to a wide open Marty Booker, who taunted the crowd afterwards. Joey Harrington is 100% incapable of making that type of a play. The way some of you guys turn on ex players and support bums cracks me up. Is there anyone here who can tell me they think our offense is better with Joey Harrington at the helm than it was with Gus with a straight face or without an excuse laiden response????? I doubt it. The 2005 Miami Dolphins attempted more throws that were 35 yards in the air than any other team in the NFL. Was it the best offense in the NFL, no not even close, but it was at least fun to watch. The 2006 Dolphins offense has been painful to watch80 to 85% of the time.

Sounds like a scorned lover, seriously the guy is a career backup. He did some nice things last year but I think that Linehan was more responsible for Chambers explosion than Frerrotte was. Linehan knew how to move Chambers around and not just keep him in one spot. Frerrotte didn't make the gameplans, Linehan did. We can only hope that the Rams get crushed the last 2 weeks and fire him so he can come back to Miami!

I always liked Gus, but he does seem very bitter. Not sure whether I like what he says about Shuler either, seems like he's taking a bit of a dig at him with the part about "The first career path you choose isn't always the right one." Seems a bit unnecessary to me.

I'll tell you what, If I got anything out of that article it's that the NFL is a cold, lonely place with little or NO loyalty to the aged, middle-of-the road player. Guess what, there's more of them then there are superstars.

Very true. The bottom line is that people need to realize that this is a business (unfortunately). Even though Saban tried to preach about coming to something special and being loyal player, he is a business man and when push comes to shove he isnt a loyal coach. Dont get me wrong I like Saban but he is no different than any manager of any business.

Now, with that being said I hope he really gets this team togther for next season and we really show what we are capable of.

Whats with all the hate towards Gus? I would have liked to have him this season. I think we might have made the playoffs with him. We actually had somewhat of an offense with him...even Gilmore caught a deep bomb from him. The passing game really was not as good this year, compared to when he was here. He moved the ball well when he had the chance. When he was here he hit everyone deep, and now our wrs cant get open? come on.

Gus actually contridicts himself twice.
1.) He says Saban should not have got involved in the offense, yet his descion to move Linehan to the sidelines was key.

2.) He says he doesn't listen. Obviously he listened to Scott and played Gus the last game. So much for that.

I didn't see anything really wrong with what he said...he was telling the truth....man, what dirty deal Denver did...missed 500,000 by ONE play because Shanny yanked him on purpose.

I agree....sometimes the truth hurts....and sometimes it reveals issues we never knew.

He sounds like a crybaby to me. I would have understood if it wasn't for the fact that he left Miami to be a backup. What good did that do him? He would have had almost a whole other season starting if he would have stayed here. Instead he's rode the bench all season in St. Louis.

Gus got a raw deal....Gus shoulda came back as the starter...He knew the offense and the players they were starting to click at the end with almost the same nucleus as we have now.

Not to mention the fact that he woulda cost the same amount as DC or JH...Plus he woulda saved us a 2nd round last year and a 5th this year and a 6th...I am sick of pissen away picks and to me the logical thing to do was to bring Gus back and draft a QB last year or this.

Now we have misfit qb's...DC coming off a serious injury not wanted in Minny by BC and JH who got sent packen from Detroit in a bad situation now probably mentally scared for life like Ryan Leaf.And cleo fricken Lemons i mean who the heck is this guy.

The qb situation went from bad to worse in my opinion.

Gus's overall stats blow ours present Qb stats away...Less turnovers,less sacks ,more Tds,he'll end haven less yards but who cares and is gonna end up with a better record then us.

Gus got a raw deal....Gus shoulda came back as the starter...He knew the offense and the players they were starting to click at the end with almost the same nucleus as we have now.

Not to mention the fact that he woulda cost the same amount as DC or JH...Plus he woulda saved us a 2nd round last year and a 5th this year and a 6th...I am sick of pissen away picks and to me the logical thing to do was to bring Gus back and draft a QB last year or this.

Now we have misfit qb's...DC coming off a serious injury not wanted in Minny by BC and JH who got sent packen from Detroit in a bad situation now probably mentally scared for life like Ryan Leaf.And cleo fricken Lemons i mean who the heck is this guy.

The qb situation went from bad to worse in my opinion.

the problem is that we had already seen Gussies BEST efforts and KNEW that there was no more upside than that. Saban rolled the dice and tried to give us greater potential at that position. Had our o-line not sucked so bad, perhaps Daunte would have done better, mostly, I beleive that no matter who was in the first 6 games they would have been tramatized.

We have, IMO, now seen the best "upside" that we can expect from Joey... and it's just not good enough...much like Gussie. I would have loved to see Gussie stay on as our backup, but he and Sage saw greener pastures. So far, neither has set anybody on fire, so who's to say what was the best course of action. I am just glad as I can be that Saban actually addressed the qb situation, win lose or draw...he did SOMETHING. Unlike the "past" regimes.

Back
Top Bottom