Friday's Minicamp report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Friday's Minicamp report

Beck was an allpro last year at this time... practicing against 3rd strnigers doesn't mean a thing, except that you are a good 3rd string QB

Well they inserted him with the first string so what does that mean.
Nothing either.The qb position is wide open and there are three contenders for the spot. We wont know who the starter is for a while.

I read that part for sure. I think some people just dont want to hear anything that may make Henne sound like he is doing good. I keep hearing may the best man win but I have a feeling there will be some bitter people on this board if Henne is considered the best man.

dont put me in that classification... May the best man win! I will add however if it is Henne that wins, that just looks absolutely HORRID for McCown and Beck to get beaten out by a rookie. Especially for McCown

dont put me in that classification... May the best man win! I will add however if it is Henne that wins, that just looks absolutely HORRID for McCown and Beck to get beaten out by a rookie. Especially for McCown

I was not putting you on that list hell you made the post. I think it will be bad for McCown but for beck he is basically a rookie anyway. Im really not that sure Beck has that big of advantage over Henne since we have a wholw new offense.The one reason he may have an advantage is because of his age they may try to find out what they have.

Well they inserted him with the first string so what does that mean.
Nothing either.The qb position is wide open and there are three contenders for the spot. We wont know who the starter is for a while.

true, forgot that he took 1st team snaps... i don't wanna check again but i don't recall the report saying he was doing very good (nor that he was doing bad ! )

don't get me wrong i root for the three of them, but every year it's the same story... "he looks sharp in practices" and then "he looks sharp in offseason games" ...

Week 1 will say a lot about this team, opening against the Jets who aren't all that bad and a division rival, we'll see what we've got

true, forgot that he took 1st team snaps... i don't wanna check again but i don't recall the report saying he was doing very good (nor that he was doing bad ! )

don't get me wrong i root for the three of them, but every year it's the same story... "he looks sharp in practices" and then "he looks sharp in offseason games" ...

Week 1 will say a lot about this team, opening against the Jets who aren't all that bad and a division rival, we'll see what we've got

I agree we get way too hyped about guys in shorts. Joe Toledo and Alabi were all pros in flag football.

I read that part for sure. I think some people just dont want to hear anything that may make Henne sound like he is doing good. I keep hearing may the best man win but I have a feeling there will be some bitter people on this board if Henne is considered the best man.

And i think people look at things differently. If it were Beck, Henne- or over at cleveland Quinn, when i hear the "Qb excelled on the third team" I translate it to "the QB did well against the scrubs that might soon be out of the NFL."

And i think people look at things differently. If it were Beck, Henne- or over at cleveland Quinn, when i hear the "Qb excelled on the third team" I translate it to "the QB did well against the scrubs that might soon be out of the NFL."

Well I agree Nate Jones is a scrub but they did insert him with the first team for the first time so that does mean something.

I was not putting you on that list hell you made the post. I think it will be bad for McCown but for beck he is basically a rookie anyway. Im really not that sure Beck has that big of advantage over Henne since we have a wholw new offense.The one reason he may have an advantage is because of his age they may try to find out what they have.

you cant really put much weight into these reports until training camp starts and we start to see players really pulling ahead of their competition. Hopefully one of these QB's does that and we dont have to make and "educated decision, or guess" about who we are going to start. If thats the case, we might be better off going with experience in McCown.

Well I agree Nate Jones is a scrub but they did insert him with the first team for the first time so that does mean something.

Its funny it doesnt matter what your position is on beck and henne, there is always something you can agree on

I hope we start agreeing on some good things lol

It all depends on the players really- no matter who the quarterback is, if they come in and throw 5 touchdowns against the jets on opening day. EVERYONE will be worshipping him.

It all depends on the players really- no matter who the quarterback is, if they come in and throw 5 touchdowns against the jets on opening day. EVERYONE will be worshipping him.

I do think we need to add more receiving weapons that will really hurt our qb's and Im not sure we have one stud starter at this point.

I do think we need to add more receiving weapons that will really hurt our qb's and Im not sure we have one stud starter at this point.

Ginn won't disappoint

He manages to get open often enough ... but he unfortunately can't throw the ball to himself

I thought Nate Jones was a stud lol. So now he put in Henne with the first team hmm. Wow it took Beck until week 16 to play with the first team according to some reports on here lol. Way too early to put much on this but I think Henne is much more in the mix than people want to believe.

Or not nearly as much as YOU would like to believe! :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom