Friday's Minicamp report | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Friday's Minicamp report

Its the same from both sides some people just want to act like they are better fans. Really pay attention to the comments and tell me that Beck Supporters will be happy with Henne as qb. I think Henne is the better prospect but I have never said I will be mad if Beck is the starter so where does that place me.

What measureables make Henne a better prospect. They are essentially the same height and equal arm strength. Beck is more accurate with better mobiltiy.

Having said that I would love Henne to come in and clearly be the best qb on the roster. I'm all for whoever gives us the best chance to win games. I just think it's a little irrational to think Henne will be that guy THIS YEAR! It would be foolish to start him behind a talented but young offensive line. They will need time to gell. I also think it would be the best course of action to let him set a year. If he's ready start him NEXT YEAR!

What measureables make Henne a better prospect. They are essentially the same height and equal arm strength. Beck is more accurate with better mobiltiy.

Having said that I would love Henne to come in and clearly be the best qb on the roster. I'm all for whoever gives us the best chance to win games. I just think it's a little irrational to think Henne will be that guy THIS YEAR! It would be foolish to start him behind a talented but young offensive line. They will need time to gell. I also think it would be the best course of action to let him set a year. If he's ready start him NEXT YEAR!

I dont think measurables necessarily make a good qb. I dont think Beck is more accurate or at least I have seen no proof of it. They ran two differant offenses in college. I just think Henne proved himself versus better defensive players than Beck top this point and Henne takes way too much flack for his mobility. Just from watching them both in college Im more convinced that Henne is an NFL starter at some point. I dont see why Henne should sit if he outplays the other qb's, Beck is barely more than a rookie also so should they both just sit. Henne has shown he can come in college and excel as a person new to a team so its not out of the realm that he could do it at this level. I dont see why its so irrational that a rookie qb might outplay a second year qb. We cannot say what th best course because all players are differant. None of these qb have excelled in the NFL and its a new offense sp let the best man win even if its a rookie. If Henne is better than Beck not sure we gain anything letting him play over Henne.

Ginn won't disappoint

He manages to get open often enough ... but he unfortunately can't throw the ball to himself

Thats why I am rooting for Beck to win the competition. Alot of people say that they think Beck is just as much a rookie as Henne. That he doesn't have any real experience advantage vs a rookie. But that is not true, he has a strong relationship with Ted Ginn Jr. and that is why he is going to win the qb competition at least at the start of the season, what he does with it we will see and to be honest I think he can do it... with Ginn.

I dont think measurables necessarily make a good qb. I dont think Beck is more accurate or at least I have seen no proof of it. They ran two differant offenses in college. I just think Henne proved himself versus better defensive players than Beck top this point and Henne takes way too much flack for his mobility. Just from watching them both in college Im more convinced that Henne is an NFL starter at some point. I dont see why Henne should sit if he outplays the other qb's, Beck is barely more than a rookie also so should they both just sit. Henne has shown he can come in college and excel as a person new to a team so its not out of the realm that he could do it at this level. I dont see why its so irrational that a rookie qb might outplay a second year qb. We cannot say what th best course because all players are differant. None of these qb have excelled in the NFL and its a new offense sp let the best man win even if its a rookie. If Henne is better than Beck not sure we gain anything letting him play over Henne.

I completely understand your point. In regards to Beck who is has limited experience for a 2nd year player and because of his age we can't really approach it with and wait and see philosphy. This is his year to sink or swim. If he sinks Henne is a GREAT contingency plan!

We can afford to sit Henne a year. There's no arguing that sitting one year on the sidelines will only be helpful to young qb. But starting one too early can ruin a young qb!

It's win/win situation for the Dolphins. If Beck doesn't pan out we will have deveopled Henne an entire year making him better prepared to succeed next year!

That just makes the most sense in my mind!

Vic Carruici of NFL.com just reported from the mini-camp on NFL Total Access and said that two things became clear today.

1. The QB race was a two-man race between McCown and Beck. That they looked sharp in learning a new offensive system and that Henne spends a lot of time on the sidelines observing.

2. Ricky Williams is in excellent shape and is running hard.

The video may show up on NFL.com soon as they said that he would have a more in-depth report on the website. I have yet to see it though.

I thought Nate Jones was a stud lol. So now he put in Henne with the first team hmm. Wow it took Beck until week 16 to play with the first team according to some reports on here lol. Way too early to put much on this but I think Henne is much more in the mix than people want to believe.

I agree 100%

I read that part for sure. I think some people just dont want to hear anything that may make Henne sound like he is doing good. I keep hearing may the best man win but I have a feeling there will be some bitter people on this board if Henne is considered the best man.

sadly... you are absolutely right.

may the best man win, unless I don't like him. I have decided that about 1/2 the people who say they want whats best for this team, are lieing 90% of the time.

Okay this is a great thread for this because EVERYONE wants to read about camp at this time of year...

MAKE YOURSELVES HEARD!!!

Would anyone feel bitter if Henne won the battle in camp???

Anyone???

(chirp)

If Henne were the best QB, I wouldn't.

So.. IF Beck out plays the other two and wins the job, and does well, he will win the support of those writting him off? OR will they still just assume Henne will be the starter in 2009.

Beck looked terrible in the games he played last year, but he has done just about EVERYTHING asked of him to improve. What I don't understand is why many fans continue to write him off without seeing in TC and preseason if he did or did not improve. I understand that "blind support" for Beck is stupid, and the best QB should start, but connected to that, "blind dismissal" of Beck before TC is just as stupid.

I'm a supporter of whoever is the best player. Since none of these guy's have done squat yet, I don't have a favorite. I don't understand why you guy's have picked your guy, when none have them have done anything yet. I'm for whoever makes the Dolphins a winner again. It's like the Ginn fans. Hey call me when the guy does something. Let the best man win and then when they actually do something to make the team better then I will like the player more.

So.. IF Beck out plays the other two and wins the job, and does well, he will win the support of those writting him off? OR will they still just assume Henne will be the starter in 2009.

Beck looked terrible in the games he played last year, but he has done just about EVERYTHING asked of him to improve. What I don't understand is why many fans continue to write him off without seeing in TC and preseason if he did or did not improve. I understand that "blind support" for Beck is stupid, and the best QB should start, but connected to that, "blind dismissal" of Beck before TC is just as stupid.

Beck has his best chance to start this year. Even if he wins the job or whoever does they have to get the job done. I do think its more likely we see all three qb's starting this year and Henne takes the job outright next year but its just as possible McCown or Beck can shine. I want all three qb's to get a chance to prove themselves in training camp and preseason and may the best man win but like I said that does not settle the battle because you still have to perform.

Thats why I am rooting for Beck to win the competition. Alot of people say that they think Beck is just as much a rookie as Henne. That he doesn't have any real experience advantage vs a rookie. But that is not true, he has a strong relationship with Ted Ginn Jr. and that is why he is going to win the qb competition at least at the start of the season, what he does with it we will see and to be honest I think he can do it... with Ginn.

I love how all threads turn into the same topic.

I dont care Chad is a rookie
I dont care john has thrown 10000000 passes this off season.
I dont care josh is getting paid like a starter

I have seen rookie qb's play better than the play we got all last year.
Off season throws dont matter
and they sign the contract before they get on the field

i just hope the job is earned not given

This is the second time I've read about Phillip Merling being pancaked. I'm disappointed. I wonder has he recovered fully from his sports hernia yet.

I think it's a couple things...

1)He is still not in great shape as he didn't get to work out until the week of the draft so he's still not in football shape

2)He wants to play in 270 range, he's currently at 290.

3)He went up against a guard. He's used to going up against tackles.

4)He is still a rookie. Ndukwe might not be a stud, but he's still a vet that has pro camps under his belt

also read about the afternoon sessions.
1.Beck taking too many would be sacks
2.McCown struggled
3.Ricky looks awesome
4.Cobbs looked good.
5.Hilliard runs upright
6.Parmele running with 2nd team.
7.Henne had the highlight of practice with a TD pass to Bess

Back
Top Bottom