Friday's Minicamp report | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Friday's Minicamp report

I read that part for sure. I think some people just dont want to hear anything that may make Henne sound like he is doing good. I keep hearing may the best man win but I have a feeling there will be some bitter people on this board if Henne is considered the best man.
I think iam one of becks biggerst supporters but by no means would i be bitter if chad wins the job, hes one of ours, a pure dolphin draft pick, i would only question my evaluations skills, i believe anyone with half a brain and passion for our team would feel the same, you have to be a selfish egomaniacal *** to be anything else.

I think iam one of becks biggerst supporters but by no means would i be bitter if chad wins the job, hes one of ours, a pure dolphin draft pick, i would only question my evaluations skills, i believe anyone with half a brain and passion for our team would feel the same, you have to be a selfish egomaniacal *** to be anything else.

The best talent scouts in the NFL miss on qb all the time, its the most difficult to project of any of the positions in the NFL because you cant measure many of the things that make a good qb. Three qb's were picked before Beck and Henne so its not even like many if any scouts thought they were the best qb prospects in thier respective drafts. Bill Walsh wanted Phil Simms over Joe Montanna, 5 qb's were chosen before Marino.
I do find it silly thouigh to think that Beck supporters are more about the team than Henne supporters.

This is the second time I've read about Phillip Merling being pancaked. I'm disappointed. I wonder has he recovered fully from his sports hernia yet.
Yeah! I didn't know if I should be happy or sad with that news....Happy that Ndukwe was doing good or sad that Merling got pancaked.:D Since Merling was a higher pick, I guess it's a little more sad.

One could deduce that Beck and Mccown did not move the offense as well cus the WR's were dropping balls left and right. duh. this means abstatutely nothing except that the WR's were dropping balls and they better get goin.

Kind of a funny thread. I guess I'm missing something. The way I see it, we don't have any starting QB. Beck or McKown have virtually no experience as a starting QB over Henne. Clearly we have a 3 way race. I am not related to any of them so I couldn't care less which one becomes our next probowl QB just as long as one of them does.

Beck has his best chance to start this year. Even if he wins the job or whoever does they have to get the job done. I do think its more likely we see all three qb's starting this year and Henne takes the job outright next year but its just as possible McCown or Beck can shine. I want all three qb's to get a chance to prove themselves in training camp and preseason and may the best man win but like I said that does not settle the battle because you still have to perform.

I agree, and that's why I said "IF Beck wins the job and does well" But if he does this, does that still mean you (or others) believe that he is still just holding the job for this year and Henne will be the presumed starter for 2009? If so, I just see so little sense in that thinking.

Also, you imply (I could be wrong though) that you believe that Beck and McCown will struggle so bad this year that Henne would be brought in (and yes I am assuming that the coaching staff will not have Henne our day 1 starter.. so he would have to be coming in at a later time in the season). Why is that. Do you see our QB situation that bad that you think we will have to go to our opening day 3rd string QB?

If the coaches continue allowing Henne to take reps with the 1st team offense, we could be in for a very close 3 way competition come training camp / pre-season. Much closer than initially expected. That's great news in my opinion, the more competition battling the better...

Personally, I didn't expect to see Henne working with the first string so soon...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom