Gase Had Tannehill Playing Like A "monster" Before His Injury Per Darlington | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Had Tannehill Playing Like A "monster" Before His Injury Per Darlington

If you seriously can’t tell that the first two minutes are tongue in cheek, then I really don’t know what to tell you.

I think at 10,000 to 1 that's a great bet, may even get better odds somewhere. I'd probably blow the $100.00 at twin peaks buying a round or going out anyways.

I watched every game, every snap, and somehow I missed that...

The best game I saw Tannehill play was late in that season in San Diego. He was throwing incredible pin-point balls 50 yards down the field for TDs while getting slammed with pressure. I was really starting to believe at that point.

Then he got roasted in Baltimore (which is a total team loss) and got injured midway through Arizona. It would have been interesting to see how he would have performed down the stretch. I think they would have had a better shot against Pittsburgh with Tannehill, but not sure they perform all that much better.

Was only able to watch the first 2 minutes but that dude was spitting some truth right there.
. ROFL!

Yeah, the troll is strong with this one. The entire point of the video was that the first 2 minutes (and yes, we know you watched more than that), were proven utterly untrue. Nice try though with the trolling!

I’m confused. When was RT actually killing it? Was this in reference to the first days of training camp last year?

So he was killing it. In practice. Gotcha.

Did you actually watch the video? If no, please do. If you did and do not understand, you fall into the “I can’t help you” category.

. ROFL!

Yeah, the troll is strong with this one. The entire point of the video was that the first 2 minutes (and yes, we know you watched more than that), were proven utterly untrue. Nice try though with the trolling!

Yes. At some point there should be a bridge named just for this.

Monster or not, we're going 11-5 with a healthy RT. And that's a monster season any way you slice it!

Go Fins!

The best game I saw Tannehill play was late in that season in San Diego. He was throwing incredible pin-point balls 50 yards down the field for TDs while getting slammed with pressure. I was really starting to believe at that point.

Then he got roasted in Baltimore (which is a total team loss) and got injured midway through Arizona. It would have been interesting to see how he would have performed down the stretch. I think they would have had a better shot against Pittsburgh with Tannehill, but not sure they perform all that much better.

Tannehill had good games vs the Rams (4th quarter anyways) and the 49ers too. I think he threw for three scores against SF. And he was lighting up AZ pretty good before he went down.

Last edited:
Did you actually watch the video? If no, please do. If you did and do not understand, you fall into the “I can’t help you” category.
Yeah watched it. Still a bit surprised a coach would reference having his player playing like a monster in practice.

Yeah watched it. Still a bit surprised a coach would reference having his player playing like a monster in practice.

It's...genuine excitement. And I understand your skepticism, and respect it.

I know that you are not a huge fan of Tannehill. And you present well thought-out posts as to why not. And I totally respect that, and your line of thinking, and you as a poster.

But...man. I'm not going to try to sway you or your opinion, but there is a HUGE contingent that sees something really, really special in Tannehill. The talent he has is just ridiculous.

And he's been mishandled. And freaking abused. And for every frustrated Dolphins fan who just doesn't want to deal with this bull**** and move on from him, there's one who is pointing at him and saying "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU NOT SEEING THAT THIS IS THE DAMN GUY, RIGHT HERE?"

It's polarizing. And it's frustrating for both sides of the debate...both of which want to see the Fins succeed.

But those games, man. When the switch turned on for the team under Gase, it was what everyone wanted. Tannehill was getting better game by game. And all of the talent that the optimists saw was there. That Chargers game was the coming out party. That throw he made to Stills was one of the best throws I have ever seen, by any QB, ever. Period.

The QB we all had been waiting for was finally here. And there were goddamn crickets after that game from those who doubted him. And they were there until he got hurt.

And somehow, over the past year and a half, there seems to have been this pessimistic movement...to try and pretend the 7-1 run of his last 8 games didn't happen. It's weird, unsettling...and confusing.

I don't blame Gase a bit for being excited. He saw what a LOT of people saw up to that point...the potential that had been really mishandled, that he was finally getting to work properly.

Let's all hope that it's still there. Let's hope that he's excited again.

It's...genuine excitement. And I understand your skepticism, and respect it.

I know that you are not a huge fan of Tannehill. And you present well thought-out posts as to why not. And I totally respect that, and your line of thinking, and you as a poster.

But...man. I'm not going to try to sway you or your opinion, but there is a HUGE contingent that sees something really, really special in Tannehill. The talent he has is just ridiculous.

And he's been mishandled. And freaking abused. And for every frustrated Dolphins fan who just doesn't want to deal with this bull**** and move on from him, there's one who is pointing at him and saying "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU NOT SEEING THAT THIS IS THE DAMN GUY, RIGHT HERE?"

It's polarizing. And it's frustrating for both sides of the debate...both of which want to see the Fins succeed.

But those games, man. When the switch turned on for the team under Gase, it was what everyone wanted. Tannehill was getting better game by game. And all of the talent that the optimists saw was there. That Chargers game was the coming out party. That throw he made to Stills was one of the best throws I have ever seen, by any QB, ever. Period.

The QB we all had been waiting for was finally here. And there were goddamn crickets after that game from those who doubted him. And they were there until he got hurt.

And somehow, over the past year and a half, there seems to have been this pessimistic movement...to try and pretend the 7-1 run of his last 8 games didn't happen. It's weird, unsettling...and confusing.

I don't blame Gase a bit for being excited. He saw what a LOT of people saw up to that point...the potential that had been really mishandled, that he was finally getting to work properly.

Let's all hope that it's still there. Let's hope that he's excited again.
Great post. It is in fact polarizing. Both sides of the debate do agree on one thing. We all want the Fins to do well.

Agree on the Chargers game and throw by RT. There is no doubt he has talent, is tough and resilient, and makes some plays especially on the run. He also looks lost at times, locks on guys, seems to have poor pocket awareness, and struggles in leading this offense to consistent points.

I had my doubts pre injury, and have more now. I really hope he comes back strong. Again this is go time for him, the offense and Gase.

Great post. It is in fact polarizing. Both sides of the debate do agree on one thing. We all want the Fins to do well.

Agree on the Chargers game and throw by RT. There is no doubt he has talent, is tough and resilient, and makes some plays especially on the run. He also looks lost at times, locks on guys, seems to have poor pocket awareness, and struggles in leading this offense to consistent points.

I had my doubts pre injury, and have more now. I really hope he comes back strong. Again this is go time for him, the offense and Gase.

I would love for you to show some examples of Tannehill looking lost. Find enough where it is a real thing. EVERY QB gets fooled at times and as a result looks lost. If finding plays is too difficult, find an article written by a reputable source that points out the flaws in Tannehill's game that you see.

Back
Top Bottom