Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

Some people just can't accept the fact that this team is not good and they're willing to make any excuse for it.
Bottom line is we are a bad team from top to bottom.

100% correct, we argue back and forth each year on Tannehill, now Brock, this coach,that coach, this scheme,that scheme, and its just the same thing EVERY year ...it doesn't matter the name on the jersey , the coach, etc...Dolphins are a bad, boring team.
To me,it must be the owner, as he keeps bringing in the same type of coach..and these coaches look for the same type player.
The one constant factor is Ross....and how do we change that?!

100% correct, we argue back and forth each year on Tannehill, now Brock, this coach,that coach, this scheme,that scheme, and its just the same thing EVERY year ...it doesn't matter the name on the jersey , the coach, etc...Dolphins are a bad, boring team.
To me,it must be the owner, as he keeps bringing in the same type of coach..and these coaches look for the same type player.
The one constant factor is Ross....and how do we change that?!
They sucked when Huizenga owned them too. I don’t know what it is to be honest.... there’s something in that building, some kind of attitude or mentality or something, I don’t know.... but it goes back YEARS. It’s not new. Oh, and there’s also the Indian burial ground that the stadium is built on. That probably doesn’t help either.

Nobody should give Gase a pass for Ryan Tannehill being out. Only a complete moron would not go out and get a QB after 2 years in a row of our starting QB going to IR. I said it before the season started, I like Gase but he left himself open to being fired because he did not address the QB position this offseason. A COMPLETE MORON... YES.

Maybe...... Rename it back to Joe Robbie stadium! Will never happen. No money in that!

A few teams have more players on IR than we do but it's not the quantity, it's the quality. How many have their starting QB on IR? How many have lost key starters? How many snaps were lost or were they special teamers?

I have to wonder how successful do you think some of the best teams would be with their backup QB's?

KC with Chad Henne? How many wins are they getting?

Rams with Sean Mannion?

Patriots with Brian Hoyer?

Chargers with Geno Smith?

Steelers with Josh Dobbs?

Packers with DeShone Kizer?

Seahawks with Brett Hundley?

Bears with Chase Daniel?

Texans with Brandon Weeden?

All I see is a bunch of sub .500 teams.....

Exactly

No, he isn’t. And Osweiler is not even close to Tannehill.

Amen. How anyone can watch the qb play of late and think it’s on the same level is beyond me.

Hopefully we get Ryan back coming out of the bye so we can at least if we are going down do it with a punchers chance.

6 more games of status quo is just brutal.

Whe
Nobody should give Gase a pass for Ryan Tannehill being out. Only a complete moron would not go out and get a QB after 2 years in a row of our starting QB going to IR. I said it before the season started, I like Gase but he left himself open to being fired because he did not address the QB position this offseason. A COMPLETE MORON... YES.[/QUOT

When you completely rebuild a roster like Gase has there simply are not enough chess pieces to throw it all at a QB and rebuild the roster at tje same time. My main gripe with Gase was needing to rebuild the roster in the first place. We had players when he was hired he has replaced almost all of them outside of the defense. Anyway we must first rebuilt the oline before we bring in a new rookie QB or expect him to be shell shocked and worth less after couple of seasons.

I have the last few games recorded. I'll send them to you. Because, apparently you haven't watched them.
You have the Pats game?

What about the Cincy game where Tannehill intentionally grounded it into a pile of players for a costly INT...not to be outdone by the good ole' 3rd and 1 DEEP BOMB...while rolling out no less.

They sucked when Huizenga owned them too. I don’t know what it is to be honest.... there’s something in that building, some kind of attitude or mentality or something, I don’t know.... but it goes back YEARS. It’s not new. Oh, and there’s also the Indian burial ground that the stadium is built on. That probably doesn’t help either.

An old south Florida Indian tribes burial ground...the Slapahoe’s.

Throw it all at a QB?????? Mason Rudolph was sitting there for us at our 3rd round pick.

Trade back and take Lamar Jackson..... that is the opposite of throwing it all at a QB... the point is we did nothing.

The best option to get a QB was 2017. We could have traded up for a lot less than KC to get Mahomes. I think even some people here mentioned Mahomes and that we should move up in the draft. It was the offseason right after Ryan got hurt. You get Mahomes and let him sit for a year behind Cutler. After Tannehill got hurt this year our QB would be Mahomes and not Osweiler.

Picking up Mahomes was a no-loss-and-only-win action. If Tannehill would have turned into a franchise QB (what most of us understand under franchise QB) you trade Mahomes. In a league with the need for great QBs we would have gotten back what we invested in the trade up and more. If Tannehill would have been Tannehill you make the switch after this season. Or in our case after Tannehill's injury you start Mahomes.

Bottomline is when you have a chance to get a guy like Mahomes you make the move.

No offense, but that decision is so much easier and an obvious slam dunk in the middle of 2018 vs. in the 2017 draft.

The team believed they had a franchise QB who wasn't at risk for a career or season ending injury AND a team full of holes you could drive a truck through.

No offense, but that decision is so much easier and an obvious slam dunk in the middle of 2018 vs. in the 2017 draft.

The team believed they had a franchise QB who wasn't at risk for a career or season ending injury AND a team full of holes you could drive a truck through.

Missed 20 games in a row... as I said Gase and the FO are MORONS.

Back
Top Bottom