Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by BobDole, Dec 3, 2015.
What is going on in Ganesville? Whatever it is, keep it up.
Basically just financial aid debit card misuse. Players buying electronics with their debit cards and selling them for cash.
Kinda reminds me a little bit of the text book scandal at Alabama a few years ago. We'd like our wins back too NCAA if you don't mind.
This is why I like a cupcake game to start the year. There are always guys suspended. 10 is a little extreme ... Callaway and Scarlett hurt.
Franks starting apparently. A little surprising. Don't hear a ton of positive stuff about him. Thought Zaire had that one in the bag.
From what the Michigan people were saying is Zaire did not do a good job of separating himself at all, and looked more like a special package guy.
Of course most Michigan stuff is laughing at Shark McEllwain and his trash talking
There is some talk that at least one player is turning in other players and could result in even more suspensions. That can tear up a locker room. I hate to see the Gators season implode over the stupidity of a few.
You spin me like a bottle baby round round ...
Edit: Record, you idiot. That's what happens when you're drunk for 3 days.
First McElwain ****s a shark and then his own player.
Saw this earlier. This is pretty bizarre. Getting the impression the wheels are coming off in Gainesville. Wouldn't Goolsby have a pretty good idea of how hurt he is? Wouldn't they notify him first before releasing a vague statement like this to the press? Throw in the delay for announcing what the hell the status is for the suspended players ... and you get the sense something is up. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this has other implications besides what seemed like a minor injury.
Mac's the first hire post Spurrier that I've liked so I hope he gets it together. 10 years since they had an QB/offense. That is the definition of unacceptable.
And James Robinson has a heart issue so he's out indefinitely - possibly forever - as well. Go team.
A shame too. I was planning on making it down for maybe the LSU game, but if this doesn't start shaping up by the Tennessee game, I think I'll just keep my money.
Game cancelled. Hits just keep on comin.
So I still like McEllwain but I think ya'll may be moving away from NUss
It's the right call, sadly. I feel worse for Northern Colorado's players than anyone else. They were probably really, really looking forward to getting out of Greeley for a few days and now they have to stay there.
That whole town smells like a cow pasture.
Good game guys grats on the win.
That is the most unbelievable finish I've ever seen.
Jesus we suck, but that was exhilarating.
Well, I needed that. Didn't think there was any way we'd gut that one out ... especially with the Les Miles-esque clock management at the end of the game. That dog pile was amazing.
Yeah I loved watching that. I was almost worried that Tyrie might suffocate there for a minute.
Gators taking years off my life, per usual.
- it took Kentucky leaving receivers uncovered twice for this W. And the QBs still only had 160 yards combined. Hilarity.
- props to Christian Garcia for saving a chick from being raped but he's the worst LB I've ever seen play on a gator team. It was pretty funny, they kept moving him around and Kentucky would just pick his gap to run through every time. They didn't need to pass or run the ball up the middle at all. Had the edge all night long. Garcia took himself out of nearly every play.
- since when do gator teams not tackle? I don't know if they track that but I bet there have been upwards of 50 missed tackles through 3 games. Gardner doesn't even try. Really hard to watch.
- does Zaire have a mental impairment or something? Couldn't believe Del Rio got another shot. At least he didn't disappoint by throwing a pick on his second attempt. Garbage.
- if I'm a future opponent watching gator games, my plan would be to run the ball outside every time. They have no answer for it. But at least they remain consistent by not adjusting one iota. Atta boy Randy Shannon.
- Jefferson and Zuniga impress me more and more each week. Watching them develop has been cool to watch. Take either of those guys out and we're 0 & 3. NFL futures for sure.
- Toney is going to be a star. Needs to work on his routes but once he gets acclimated to the position change ... watch out. Cleveland is our only receiver that can get open right now. Jury is still out on him though.
- Davis looked good but surprised he got so many touches. Perrine and Thompson didn't look bad. Interesting.
- McElwain almost crying when asked simple, unemotional questions is getting a little tired. Man up, get mad, and coach up your talent before you lose your job.
- the extreme close ups on the Kentucky QB throughout the game were really weird.
How good do we make Vandy look next week? My guess: way better than they are.
So I'm still pretty drunk, bet here goes:
LDR will probably be the QB going forward. Never thought it would happen, but he got the job done in the 4th quarter when Franks struggled.
Malik Davis is a man.
Brandon Powell too.
And Tyrie Cleveland.
Defense isn't much good anymore. Playing a lot of underclassmen. Our recruiting struggles from Mac's first two years are beginning to show. We have some rock solid classes coming in though so it should pick up later. Those plays where we caught UK sleeping for TDs basically sums up the last 30 years of this series. I legit thought that kick at the end was good until the commentators said it wasn't. It's crazy to think how we're effectively 2-3 plays away from being 0-3.
**** it. 2-0 in SEC play. I'll take it. Sometimes you make the plays you need to make in order to win, otherwise, you're just Kentucky. 31 in a row and more to come.
You think Del Rio has the job for the rest of the year? That makes my stomach turn. He is freakin terrible. Franks, and presumably Zaire, have the talent advantage. Del Rio is like a less cerebral version of Pennington without the accuracy but double the lack of arm strength. The Gators are completely unable to develop a QB. It should've happened by sheer chance by now.
The defense is young but there's no excuse. Not lacking talent. Fundamentals clearly aren't being taught. Defense is looking undisciplined ... just like the U's D during Shannon's tenure there. Don't think that's a coincidence. Garcia single handedly made the D look junior varsity out there ... so that played a major role yesterday and skewed things a little bit. Why did he get so many snaps?
Forgot to give props to Powell. Him juking those 3 guys for the 1st down - totally bailing the OC out with the pathetic play call - was amazing. He didn't have any business making a positive play out of that.
I'll take it as well. College isn't like the NFL. Lose a bunch of games in the NFL and you get rewarded with a higher draft pick. Losing recruits is all that happens when you get beat in college.
Oh I don't like it either, but I think he may still be our best option at this point, sadly. Zaire looked completely lost in that Michigan game.
I remember saying out loud, "Oh **** this" when I saw what play were running there. Powell somehow managed to get the first. I was completely shocked.
Nine Gators could face felony fraud charges including starters Antonio Callaway and Jordan Scarlett. It would be a shame if they ruined their carriers over doing something stupid.
So Luke Del Rio is officially our Chad Pennington. Game manager who can't stay healthy to save his life. I think he still has a year of eligibility left, but he may want to consider hanging it up and following his dad into coaching.
Franks looked fine after he came in, but with the ground game as great as it was today, he didn't need to do much. Malik Davis needs to be the primary back going forward. Perine and Thompson are good backs too, but Davis is the most explosive player we have back there now.
Really hope Cleveland isn't hurt too badly. Didn't look too good on replay, but we really need him next week. If he can't go, it might be time for Massey to finally do something other than recover an onside kick.
Overall, I'm happy with the offense today. Vandy has been tough defensively for a few years now, but between this game and the Bama one last week, that might be over now. It'll be easy to hope our offense has turned a corner after today, but we'll see how they perform as we get into the teeth of the schedule here.
Finally got some push up front today, but we're still giving up some long plays and missing a lot of tackles. I know Chauncey Gardner is playing out of position, but he got flattened a couple times today. This is where we really miss Marcel Harris. Still love our freshman corners though.
I'll be at the LSU game so I hope they don't suck.
LSU has iron balls and doesn't take a knee while the gators match the stupidity by not letting him run in for a score so they at least have a chance. That game was about as exciting as every other match-up over the last decade. Losing on an extra point ... good job fellas.
LSU loves the jet sweep and we give up the edge like we owe it money. Match made in heaven.
Honest question. What's more boring - fins or gators? Both have been so painful to watch for so long I can't remember when it was fun. You know it's bad when you say 'I need a drink' after watching a game where you never stopped drinking. Eat a dick football.
Almost forgot ... do refs get together and meth out before every game? Missed calls are one thing ... which are abundant. But phantom calls when there are missed calls on the same play? Get out of here with that nonsense. I lost count at one point ... bad is the new good ... black is white ... down is up ... watching football is now a fitting equivalent to bizarro world superman.
Toney stepped out of bounds 4 times on that 29 yard run. He legit got 8. How do you slow down the game multiple times so those idiots can decide who is the least inept and get stuck with your thumbs up your butts there? I don't remember it ever being this bad.
Thought I'd compile a list of everything this team does well:
- being suspiciously tight lipped about multiple scholarship suspended players
- giving up the edge
- McElwain holding back tears after every game
- giving up the edge on a consistent basis
- drawing up the saddest offensive plays ever. The ghost of Joe Addazio lives on
- not even trying to put your young and/or mediocre LBs in position to not give up the edge
- recruiting QBs well and being totally unable to develop them
- giving up the edge 100% of the time
- missing 3 picks that hit you in the hands while getting away with slapping a guy's helmet sideways
- letting a team that lives off the jet sweep dismantle you by calling the same defensive plays out of the same alignment on a predictable basis and hoping a pass play is called so the impressive stable of DEs can bail you out
- getting highlight reel trucked by a TE whose name you'll forget by tomorrow during a critical time in the game and leaving immediately after (I have a sneaking suspicion his pride was the biggest injury. Should be back next week)
- giving the QB 10 seconds in the pocket on one play and -.7 seconds the next
- hilarious, back breaking penalties
Did I mention giving up the edge? It's like they were begging for it. At least make some sort of adjustment. You know other teams are trying to stay awake during your snoozefests and are getting half a chub game planning against you, right? Glassy eyed McElwain shrugging across the sidelines doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
How can a top tier team be so inadequate at developing QBs? Look at what happens when they transfer out. It's beyond my realm of understanding.
Love the Gators.
When will they be good again?
Joe Addazio? Is that what you think of me phone? I didn't even put in a first name.
Well on the way to the worst football weekend in memory. Key onto Christian Garcia for those who are watching. Might be the worst college LB I've ever seen. A total liability on every play. It worries me that he's getting snaps over highly sought after recruits.
Georgia picks on Garcia on every play. I'd assume that was the plan all along. They've seen the road so far. Probably why so much attention is being paid to Bryan.
I watched, maybe 5 minutes of the 1st quarter and shut it off. Knew it was coming. No desire to stick around and watch the disembowelment.
Really surprised to see this Gator team playing this bad under McIllwain. Lots of talk that he may not see the Gators next game.
**** it. Chip Kelly or GTFO.
I’m hearing Kelly wants to stay out west. I think Rich Schiano will get a look. Scott Frost another solid candidate.
I think Al Golden is still available
Joe Klatt put McEllwain on blast and said he doesnt feel sorry for him because of how he treated the Colorado State staff on his way out. Sounfs like Mac made a lot of enemies.
Names supposedly attached include Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, Bob Stoops, Jeff Brohm, Chip Kelly, and Mike Norvell. Scott Frost too but sounds like he may be holding out for Nebraska
Nah, y'all need to call Dan Mullen and ask him how much money he wants. If you can't get your heart right on the price, then call Scott Frost.