Gauging Josh Rosen Should Be Top Priority In Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gauging Josh Rosen Should Be Top Priority In Miami

I just don’t think you can be a head coach and coach the way they are suggesting, and still have your respect of the players..

The competition will decipher who should be the QB, not the 2020 draft, as much as I want that #1 overall pick I cannot expect our new head coach to do anything but coach his azz off and try to win every game with the players he was given by the front office..

Now I do understand and believe that we should have a big picture view of our franchise and not compromise that with some quick fix to win now, that’s where I think some struggle with dealing with, thinking big picture is not an indictment on our integrity as a franchise, the goal imo is not to win one super bowl, it’s to create a dynasty, so if I’m the GM, my head coach needs to keep a big picture view as well and understand that we may equip him with young’s guys that we need to find out about, and, try as hard as possible to collect assets for that very future, so while this philosophy may not constitute the best roster this year as it relates to getting wins, it is just as important to our future, and doesn’t mean there is any lack of integrity in the process of trying to win games..

So my point is, the Gm has to do what he has to do, set the team up for the future, personnel wise, and the coach has to do what he has to do, coach what he’s got, as hard as he can..

Absolutely and it would different if Rosen could just make it close by the end of preseason but I don’t think he can.

What’s funny is they got us all to buy in on total rebuild to include prioritizing finding a franchise QB....Rosen was part of that search....we accepted winning this year is not priority...so seeing what Rosen can do is priority, the 2020 decision will need to be made.

I think we all need to realize Rosen had some poor coaching in his past and is adjusting a real NFL offense and real coaching...I will not rush to judgement.

Seen this movie too many times...the lightbulb can go on at any moment...or it never does.

Look, if he's not ready, he's not ready. This offense requires a lot of pre/post reads, and there is no point in putting him in situations he is not equipped to handle. He will most likely get his chance, at some point, this season, so I'm not concerned that he probably won't be opening day starter.

I can't with this...

How are they not evaluating what Rosen can do right now?

I mean, if he cannot beat out Fitz...then he is not worth your time on Sundays. I'm sorry, it is not as if something magical is going to happen when he gets in the game. We know we need a QB for next year...what difference does Rosen being on the field "just to see what he can do" make? The coaches are seeing first hand he is not the answer.

One other point...I do not understand how anyone can think with this roster....and Fitzy traditional play, that this team is still not invested in building the team the right way. This roster is not getting 4 wins with either QB...

You guys are funny. He can't even beat out a journeyman QB but you want to throw him into a game to "evaluate" him better.

I imagine most of you thinking that were apologists for Ryan Tannehill too. If he couldn't do it with Arizona, he can't do it with Miami.

Josh Rosen does not have the telwnt to be a starter plain and simple. He will get lucky to see the field and rightfully so. Scrubs don't get a pass just to justify a bad trade.

So, let's do a quick review here...

They signed Fitz and are paying him...

but if he actually plays WELL that is a BAD thing.

They REALLY want him to play badly & lose games...

then they got lucky and managed to get Rosen with just a low 2nd round pick at the last second in the draft...

and

they should now abandon all of their coaching philosophy on how to actually WIN games
and
how to actually BUILD a competitive team to contend in the playoffs for championships
because they MUST evaluate him right away in REAL GAMES

Because it's really not important to evaluate all of the other players
and it's really not important to actually win any games
and it just plain silly to think that the actual players NEED to develop competitive football skills and the mindset to win actual games.

Do you see the problem with that?

Once you start using @ss backwards logic, you have to keep doing it.
Sports writers ONLY KNOW @ss backwards logic, you gotta be smarter than that...

Ryan Fitzpatrick can get us to the playoffs. People dont realize how lucky we got to sign this guy. He is better than Teddy Bridgewater and Tyrod Taylor. People are completely counting this guy out. This guy just got in here and is slinging TD's all over the place.

People forget he is learning at the same time as Rosen. They have been here just this off-season. Fitzpatrick was even out of shape and Rosen still couldn't beat him out.
Has he ever played in a post season game? Just curious.

Think about this. Let's say we suck this year and draft Tua or one of the other top guys next year with a top 3 or so pick.

And Fitz (or other journeyman) beats that guy in training camp.

Then what?

Looking at Fitzpatrick's history, whether it's injury or bad play, he will be side-lined at some point. Even if Rosen doesn't outplay Fitzpatrick, he will get a chance to play

Think about this. Let's say we suck this year and draft Tua or one of the other top guys next year with a top 3 or so pick.

And Fitz (or other journeyman) beats that guy in training camp.

Then what?
Which could easily happen.

Of course all that would do is show the dichotomy between those who like the pick, saying it fine to sit him until he is ready, and those who don't like the pick, saying "I told you so".

I don’t know why I’m surprised anymore when some have such little big picture in mind when it comes to this game.

Even 10 hell maybe 15 years of Fitzpatrick’s play doesn’t flip the switch

I can't with this...

How are they not evaluating what Rosen can do right now?

I mean, if he cannot beat out Fitz...then he is not worth your time on Sundays. I'm sorry, it is not as if something magical is going to happen when he gets in the game. We know we need a QB for next year...what difference does Rosen being on the field "just to see what he can do" make? The coaches are seeing first hand he is not the answer.

One other point...I do not understand how anyone can think with this roster....and Fitzy traditional play, that this team is still not invested in building the team the right way. This roster is not getting 4 wins with either QB...

I guess I, And possibly some of the others, are leery of Greer passing on a qb because of the unknown. We have a sketchy past of waiting too long to evaluate on roster talent and cut bait when necessary. Getting proof on tape, either way, just seems to help reduce the chances of that mistake.

That said, how are we a worse team than last year? We won 7 games with a similar roster (yes Fitz is at least on par with Tannehill), similar strength of schedule, and have subtracted gase’s play calling and Burke’s defense. How does any of that scream 4 wins?

Back
Top Bottom