Gauging Josh Rosen Should Be Top Priority In Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gauging Josh Rosen Should Be Top Priority In Miami

Couldn’t agree more with this article. Listen if Fitz gave us an even remote chance at the playoffs I’d say let it ride with him. However, he doesn’t give us that. So every snap he takes is a waste. Flores, though, loves the guy so it would take an unfortunate preseason injury or Ross giving him an ultimatum to make this happen in a timely manner. I guess we’re stuck spinning our wheels until Fitz implodes, which is not something to root for, just something that’s a mathematical certainty.

If Tannehill who was a bottom tier QB gave us a chance and in fact we made the playoffs once, I dont know why it is improbable to think Fitz could not do it, specially if he plays like last year. We have some good WRs, RBs and a coach that has a clue. I do believe that we can compete for a playoff spot if our coaches get creative and if we have some luck with injuries.

I don't think gauging Rosen is a priority at all. Given we are paying him less than backup money make him a backup if needed.

Figuring out the long term QB situation is however a priority and if you lose this season it's going to be round 1 draft pick so either way it should work itself out.

Miami has an absolute brutal schedule to start the year, and basically throughout the year. Only "easy" games will be NYG and Bengals.

But like Miami fashion they will win a couple games that don't matter and instead of picking 1st they'll pick 4th.

I

I don't see the roster as "substandard". I see the roster full of younger, hungrier players. That beats the players that we shed in order to load up for the future. I don't see the doom and gloom that many see, with us barely winning 3 or 4 games. I think we're gonna surprise a lot of teams, and compete, winning our fair share.

I may not agree with you, but I love your optimism.

I don't think gauging Rosen is a priority at all. Given we are paying him less than backup money make him a backup if needed.

Figuring out the long term QB situation is however a priority and if you lose this season it's going to be round 1 draft pick so either way it should work itself out.

Exactly, unless Miami shocks the world they will be bad while trying. A 1st round qb is absolutely in the cards and I'm sure Grier and Flores are in the know with a couple they really like.

It baffles me how some people on here think this team is ready to win now or refuse to acknowledge we are rebuilding. A 1 win season is no different than a 8 win season in terms of accompishments. You still fall short of the playoffs and this is not a playoff team. Tank for Tua all day long.

I'm not a fan of Fitz playing just because I could see Miami winning a couple of meaningless games and dropping out of a top draft position and I think acquiring a QB through the draft is most likely the best route to obtain one next year. Nor do I want Miami to have to give multiple draft picks accumulated for 2020 draft, possibly future 1st round as well, to trade up a few spots and get a QB.

Having said that, I don't think the coaches necessarily need to put Rosen in a game to guage him this year. If Rosen isn't wowing them in practice, they have enough tape of him playing in Arizona last year to know he doesn't turn into someone special by elevating his level of play and the play of those around him during games. If that was the type of QB he is then he would still be in Arizona.
IMO, it's not about "wowing" anybody. A lot of this staff has seen TB for years. They won't be easily wowed.

It's about being able to read, and process the information quickly, to make the proper play, within the framework of the scheme.

Rosen isn't there yet, and may never be, but to expect that he would be, is unrealistic.

So, let's do a quick review here...

They signed Fitz and are paying him...

but if he actually plays WELL that is a BAD thing.

They REALLY want him to play badly & lose games...

then they got lucky and managed to get Rosen with just a low 2nd round pick at the last second in the draft...

and

they should now abandon all of their coaching philosophy on how to actually WIN games
and
how to actually BUILD a competitive team to contend in the playoffs for championships
because they MUST evaluate him right away in REAL GAMES

Because it's really not important to evaluate all of the other players
and it's really not important to actually win any games
and it just plain silly to think that the actual players NEED to develop competitive football skills and the mindset to win actual games.

Do you see the problem with that?

Once you start using @ss backwards logic, you have to keep doing it.
Sports writers ONLY KNOW @ss backwards logic, you gotta be smarter than that...
Either I don't understand what you're saying or you have no idea how a professional sports team works.

I don't want a wasted year as a fan, but if it leads to Tua or Jordan Love and they become elite then we won't remember this year and it won't matter anymore.
I do remember 2007. As if it was yesterday. I remember screaming at my TV every Sunday, being miserable until at least Wednesday every single week. And I remember the QB we took with the 1st pick to make up for what I had to endure for 17 weeks. Or was it a LT...?!

IMO, it's not about "wowing" anybody. A lot of this staff has seen TB for years. They won't be easily wowed.

It's about being able to read, and process the information quickly, to make the proper play, within the framework of the scheme.

Rosen isn't there yet, and may never be, but to expect that he would be, is unrealistic.

Which is why a top qb pick is something this staff has probably spoken about plenty of times, they know their guy is in the next couple drafts. Just gonna have to wait it out.

Either I don't understand what you're saying or you have no idea how a professional sports team works.

I do remember 2007. As if it was yesterday. I remember screaming at my TV every Sunday, being miserable until at least Wednesday every single week. And I remember the QB we took with the 1st pick to make up for what I had to endure for 17 weeks. Or was it a LT...?!

Only reason we do is because Miami didn't capitalize on Matt Ryan. Think Atlanta still remembers??

They have an oppurtunity to take a qb cause a lot of good ones will be in the draft. Take one Miami..Tua, Love, Fromm, Herbert. All have top 5 ability.

We talk about fiery personalities. Last few coaches didn't have it, Tannehill didn't have it, etc.
One aspect I'm watching, whenever I can, is how Rosen is reponding to Fitz being the guy currently.
I would HOPE Josh uses being the under fog to his advantage and beats out Fitz to secure that 3rd preseason game start.
Or will he give us the Cutler "Whatever" and accept 2nd place.

When then went to the playoffs the next year. Best season I have ever seen as Im in my early 30s.

If Tannehill who was a bottom tier QB gave us a chance and in fact we made the playoffs once, I dont know why it is improbable to think Fitz could not do it, specially if he plays like last year. We have some good WRs, RBs and a coach that has a clue. I do believe that we can compete for a playoff spot if our coaches get creative and if we have some luck with injuries.
Because not all things are equal minus a QB.

We are at or near the bottom of the league in fielding an offensive and defensive line. That wipes away playoff chances right out of the gate.

Kizers a really wierd comp.

He couldn’t execute anything but zone read maybe a splash of pistol

You didn't read the entire post (which is odd, because I specifically thought about that and edited it about 30 seconds after I posted it.)

Ryan Fitzpatrick can get us to the playoffs. People dont realize how lucky we got to sign this guy. He is better than Teddy Bridgewater and Tyrod Taylor. People are completely counting this guy out. This guy just got in here and is slinging TD's all over the place.

People forget he is learning at the same time as Rosen. They have been here just this off-season. Fitzpatrick was even out of shape and Rosen still couldn't beat him out.

I think you’re going to be in for a severely disappointing season, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom