General NCAA thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

imagejpg1_zps500d69fb-1.jpg

Dabo Swinney might be the biggest moron patrolling sidelines in America.

At the end of regulation, he made a move that Im not sure the great clock manager Tony Sparano couldve pulled.

FSU has the ball and does not have the downs to kill the clock and send it to OT as they wished. Clemson has ONE timeout and can force a FSU punt deep in their own territory. On a punt in that situation, Clemson has free reign to go after the punter and not worry about a roughing the kicker call. If they rough the kicker, FSU simply gets a 1st down and the ball would not advance far enough for them to attempt a score with just a couple of seconds remaining. The only thing that would happen is FSU could take a knee on 1st down and send it to OT.

Basically, any team would love the chance at forcing an FSU punt there with about 8 seconds left at that part of the field. Because you can go all out after the punt with no repercussions, not only could you potentially block it for a TD, safety, or recovery to set up a short FG with 1 or 2 seconds left, you could get a bad snap there deep in FSU territory which leads to one of those 3 scoring scenarios and a victory.

INSTEAD, Dabo Swinney waits until the play clock runs all the way down after the 2nd down play, CALLS HIS TIMEOUT, and allows FSU to take a knee on 3rd down and kill the clock. :bobdole: What a ****ing MORON!!!!!!!!

Hell, I wouldve called the TO immediately after the 2nd down run, leaving 45 seconds or so on the clock, and let FSU think about 3rd down. Who knows, maybe they make a mistake and try to throw it on 3rd down? I doubt it, but even had they run on 3rd down FSU still wouldve had to punt with about 8 seconds on the clock. Even if he had not done that, Swinney couldve let them run the 3rd down play and THEN called TO with about 8 seconds remaining in the game and forced FSU to punt there. WHY NOT take that opportunity? He is such a moron. If he wanted to regroup his D and remind them not to get beaten on a long run in that spot he shouldve taken the TO as soon as the 2nd down play ended. He just wasted a chance to make a play on the punt. What a dumbass. Besides, they werent going to get beaten on a long run when he waits till the play clock goes all the way down and then calls his TO. FSU would just kneel on the ball, as they did.

Then to top off the stupidity, Swinney makes a HORRID 4th and 1 play call in OT to seal his fate. That was a play call for a mid game scenario on a 2nd and 1 or something. I do not understand sending a guy out and making him worthless in the play. FSU was not going to fall for that. They know it is not going to be a fake in that spot. No one was going to go out and cover that guy running across. All it did was give FSU numbers at the point of attack. If you get a chance to see the play, you will know what Im talking about. 4th and 1 in OT at the FSU 16. Motions a guy who dosent even do a good job of taking a hypothetical fake handoff and sends him running out as if the freshman QB who cant throw is going to fake a handoff and toss it to him. Get real.

Run stuffed, game over. Clemson sucks, I hate FSU, and Dabo Swinney is a moron.

Dabo Swinney might be the biggest moron patrolling sidelines in America.

At the end of regulation, he made a move that Im not sure the great clock manager Tony Sparano couldve pulled.

FSU has the ball and does not have the downs to kill the clock and send it to OT as they wished. Clemson has ONE timeout and can force a FSU punt deep in their own territory. On a punt in that situation, Clemson has free reign to go after the punter and not worry about a roughing the kicker call. If they rough the kicker, FSU simply gets a 1st down and the ball would not advance far enough for them to attempt a score with just a couple of seconds remaining. The only thing that would happen is FSU could take a knee on 1st down and send it to OT.

Basically, any team would love the chance at forcing an FSU punt there with about 8 seconds left at that part of the field. Because you can go all out after the punt with no repercussions, not only could you potentially block it for a TD, safety, or recovery to set up a short FG with 1 or 2 seconds left, you could get a bad snap there deep in FSU territory which leads to one of those 3 scoring scenarios and a victory.

INSTEAD, Dabo Swinney waits until the play clock runs all the way down after the 2nd down play, CALLS HIS TIMEOUT, and allows FSU to take a knee on 3rd down and kill the clock. :bobdole: What a ****ing MORON!!!!!!!!

Hell, I wouldve called the TO immediately after the 2nd down run, leaving 45 seconds or so on the clock, and let FSU think about 3rd down. Who knows, maybe they make a mistake and try to throw it on 3rd down? I doubt it, but even had they run on 3rd down FSU still wouldve had to punt with about 8 seconds on the clock. Even if he had not done that, Swinney couldve let them run the 3rd down play and THEN called TO with about 8 seconds remaining in the game and forced FSU to punt there. WHY NOT take that opportunity? He is such a moron. If he wanted to regroup his D and remind them not to get beaten on a long run in that spot he shouldve taken the TO as soon as the 2nd down play ended. He just wasted a chance to make a play on the punt. What a dumbass. Besides, they werent going to get beaten on a long run when he waits till the play clock goes all the way down and then calls his TO. FSU would just kneel on the ball, as they did.

Then to top off the stupidity, Swinney makes a HORRID 4th and 1 play call in OT to seal his fate. That was a play call for a mid game scenario on a 2nd and 1 or something. I do not understand sending a guy out and making him worthless in the play. FSU was not going to fall for that. They know it is not going to be a fake in that spot. No one was going to go out and cover that guy running across. All it did was give FSU numbers at the point of attack. If you get a chance to see the play, you will know what Im talking about. 4th and 1 in OT at the FSU 16. Motions a guy who dosent even do a good job of taking a hypothetical fake handoff and sends him running out as if the freshman QB who cant throw is going to fake a handoff and toss it to him. Get real.

Run stuffed, game over. Clemson sucks, I hate FSU, and Dabo Swinney is a moron.
Clemson gonna Clemson, Dabo gonna Dabo!

I want to say that I can't even imagine being a fan of Clemson, but I can.

It's probably just like being a fan of the Dolphins.

I want to say that I can't even imagine being a fan of Clemson, but I can.

It's probably just like being a fan of the Dolphins.

:lol:

It is.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Clemson does have the qb of the future in Watson though. Kid is a special talent.

Several things are clear....

That offense needs Winston...

Melvin Gordon is a beast

Muschamp is hot garbage...

I don't see a single dominant team this season...

I've heard that there is more stuff about to come out on Winston, involving another girl.

Not sure how serious this new stuff is, but brace for impact.

I've heard that there is more stuff about to come out on Winston, involving another girl.

Not sure how serious this new stuff is, but brace for impact.

I'm hearing that too.

One other thing, I don't think suspended players should be allowed on the bench. I don't like it when UF does it and FSU letting Winston prance and skip all over the sideline during that game somewhat defeats the purpose of a suspension.

Back
Top Bottom