Gerrid Doaks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gerrid Doaks

I would have rather used that pick on a Punter.
Doaks I will root for him but my god.Its laughable when trying to at some of these comments here.
I can't tell you how many players ran unbelievably good in a straight line this year in the draft.
We have to sets of twins at RB.And they don't scare anyone.

Good pass blocker, and receiver out of the backfield too.

Not sure he can displace Gaskin in that role, but should be excellent depth there, as well as in short yardage situations.
I know he’s a 7th round pick, but the fact that he’s proven useful in all of those categories that help RBs get more snaps gives me hope that he could be a gem. If he’s able to pick up on things quickly I could see him taking snaps from Brown, but by the end of the year maybe he’s another option if we’re without Gaskin/Ahmed. Hell, if he’s a better pass protector he could displace Ahmed for snaps unless SA has improved in that area.

When I watch his highlights while hanging upside down, squinting, with one eye closed, and a magnifying glass he looks like a cross between Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, Eric Dickerson, and Bo Jackson lite.
I tried that, and after passing out and waking back up he still just reminded me of a Tecmo Bowl player.

I'm as big of a Phins fan on this board but let's just get a toenail hold on the reality of our RB roster. It's putrid and we missed an opportunity to improve it as such, we are now greatly exaggerating the potential of a 7th round pick. Do I hope he does well and somehow our potentially worst in the NFL RB roster strings together a successful campaign? Of course I do. Do I think it's likely? The best I can give is a maybe.

I would have rather used that pick on a Punter.
Doaks I will root for him but my god.Its laughable when trying to at some of these comments here.
I can't tell you how many players ran unbelievably good in a straight line this year in the draft.
We have to sets of twins at RB.And they don't scare anyone.

Your getting the cart before the horse.

Running backs aren't supposed to "scare the other team", just help move the ball across the field.

You are talking like it's Halloween instead of professional football.

I'm as big of a Phins fan on this board but let's just get a toenail hold on the reality of our RB roster. It's putrid and we missed an opportunity to improve it as such, we are now greatly exaggerating the potential of a 7th round pick. Do I hope he does well and somehow our potentially worst in the NFL RB roster strings together a successful campaign? Of course I do. Do I think it's likely? The best I can give is a maybe.

I'll take that as a positive comment. - LOL

I'll take that as a positive comment. - LOL
it's not negative. Just trying to not be silly. a 5 page thread extolling the virtues of a 7th round pick is simply a sign that it's mid May....wait until July when we're dragging over which teams cheerleaders have the deadliest pom poms and that clearly our club level crab cakes are better than NE's.

it's not negative. Just trying to not be silly. a 5 page thread extolling the virtues of a 7th round pick is simply a sign that it's mid May....wait until July when we're dragging over which teams cheerleaders have the deadliest pom poms and that clearly our club level crab cakes are better than NE's.

"deadliest pom poms"?

Are you that VARK guy - LOL

To me, unless they demonstrate the vision of a Ricky Williams, something you can actually see on tape, they are all pretty much the same and totally dependent on the guys blocking. That's why you don't normally even consider one in the first round. They all churn the legs, fall forward, can catch, bla bla. There isn't really that much that separates the seventh rounder from the third or the guys you already have. It's like working out, abs are made in the kitchen. And running backs are made by the line.

A power back that can catch and pass block doesn't pigeon hole the offense.

It doesn't matter if he is elite vs effective. Just knowing he can catch, run for the tough yards and pass block keeps the D guessing when Gaskin is off the field.

Gaskin and Doaks are almost interchangeable. Their compliment is speed (Gaskin) vs power (Doaks). Otherwise, if both are good pass catchers and blockers, the offensive playbook is almost identical for both.

That's nice interchangeability.

RB's are interchangeable and very plug and play in today's NFL. I think some of you will be very surprised how this "bottom RB room in the league" actually performs this year with much better QB, WR and OL play from the new additions and the growth of last year's rookies. We also have improved depth which is what this 7th rounder is all about, that and short-yardage. Doaks and Brown added to Gaskin and Ahmed gives us at least 3 and hopefully 4 solid backs to rotate through the year and injuries and such. I thought Gaskins and Ahmed both had some really good moments last year and that was against stacked boxes and with all our limitations on offense. With WR speed and a more mature and healthy QB the passing game will be better. OL can't help but be better. We shall see but I expect at least a middle of the pack, average rushing attack, certainly enough to provide the balance we are looking for.

Running backs aren't supposed to "scare the other team", just help move the ball across the field.

You can have it your way.

My way is when you add Fuller and Waddle you get a back that can do damage and be a difference maker in the backfield.Not to say we drop a 1st rounder on a pick but get a GOOD back.

I wouldn't be surprised if Doaks stay on the practice squad for the year.Ahmed Gaskins Brown and Laird (special teams)there's no room atm.

Not even that. In this pass first era, running game is good enough if it can just to keep the defense honest, as in keeping the mic LB and SS in their natural pre snap positions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom