Gesicki: Big Opportunity | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki: Big Opportunity

It would be unfortunate if the coaching staff didn't get the kid at least one TD this season.
Something like that would go a long way towards his confidence.

His season was off to a rough start when they tried to throw him a Fade against Malcolm Butler who is a very physical and aggressive DB.
Gase and co. should have been fired for that fine pieces of decision making.

Iso the guy on an LB, a safety! He's an athlete right then let him run.

As the season has progressed and you look at his body language it's not telling a great story.

You have to be careful with rookies, especially ones that have produced.

It would be unfortunate if the coaching staff didn't get the kid at least one TD this season.
Something like that would go a long way towards his confidence.

His season was off to a rough start when they tried to throw him a Fade against Malcolm Butler who is a very physical and aggressive DB.
Gase and co. should have been fired for that fine pieces of decision making.

Iso the guy on an LB, a safety! He's an athlete right then let him run.

As the season has progressed and you look at his body language it's not telling a great story.

You have to be careful with rookies, especially ones that have produced.
He can run but he’s an easy cover, nfl corners have too much lower half agility and foot speed, which is what he lacks in route..

He can run but he’s an easy cover, nfl corners have too much lower half agility and foot speed, which is what he lacks in route..

That's true but also shows the lack of scheming by our coaching staff. At this point in his career, you want to ISO him on safeties and/or preferably LBs.

That's true but also shows the lack of scheming by our coaching staff. At this point in his career, you want to ISO him on safeties and/or preferably LBs.
Absolutely bro, the Frustration that comes from watching this guy lineup in line next to a tackle on a simple dive play is simply maddening considering what this kid has displayed in the blocking dept in college..

Absolutely bro, the Frustration that comes from watching this guy lineup in line next to a tackle on a simple dive play is simply maddening considering what this kid has displayed in the blocking dept in college..

It's critical to give these players and especially rookies some win plays. Like you said you ask him to block a DE etc and it's automatically setting him up for a loss. You ask him to win a jump ball against Malcom Butler and it's setting him up for a loss.

You should be asking him to win against the other teams Kiko, McMillian etc. Those are wins that help build the kids confidence and make him a little more eager to win the trench stuff.

It's critical to give these players and especially rookies some win plays. Like you said you ask him to block a DE etc and it's automatically setting him up for a loss. You ask him to win a jump ball against Malcom Butler and it's setting him up for a loss.

You should be asking him to win against the other teams Kiko, McMillian etc. Those are wins that help build the kids confidence and make him a little more eager to win the trench stuff.
I get that, I really do, and I hope for the best for everyone involved, but imo this is not something that is going to get much better, and these issues are not just related to his very poor blocking, but they bleed into other parts of his game like ball protection, yards after catch, separation, beating press, there are real balance and coordination issues .. alongside not the right mindset..

So My only concern is recouping value in him as a player..I suppose as we’ve talked about here in these threads over the year is trying to get him free releases, end zone work, these are the only situations I can see his skill set doing some work, Will it ever be worth of 2nd round stock, I dont think so..He’s a role player and that isn’t good enough for a high 2nd round pick

I want a real tight end..

I get that, I really do, and I hope for the best for everyone involved, but imo this is not something that is going to get much better, and these issues are not just related to his very poor blocking, but they bleed into other parts of his game like ball protection, yards after catch, separation, beating press, there are real balance and coordination issues .. alongside not the right mindset..

So My only concern is recouping value in him as a player..I suppose as we’ve talked about here in these threads over the year is trying to get him free releases, end zone work, these are the only situations I can see his skill set doing some work, Will it ever be worth of 2nd round stock, I dont think so..He’s a role player and that isn’t good enough for a high 2nd round pick

I want a real tight end..

I felt this way about him coming out. It didn’t take any NFL experience for me to see this. How or why didn’t Miami brass see this?

The guy was a star volleyball and basketball (?) player. He also tested really well athletically and honestly did look like a good athlete on the field at Penn State.

The fact that he looks like a clumsy oaf out there is honestly pretty surprising to me, and probably pretty surprising to the team brass, as well.

I also think it is much to early to give up on the kid. He's playing a position that takes time to develop into and the rest of the offense is a dumpster fire. You can't just throw him out right now.

I felt this way about him coming out. It didn’t take any NFL experience for me to see this. How or why didn’t Miami brass see this?
Win some you lose some ya know, gotta win more than the other guys when it comes to evaluating personnel.

I can’t explain what they saw, I thought the issues were obvious, but I also thought Dion Jordan was gonna be a star.

The guy was a star volleyball and basketball (?) player. He also tested really well athletically and honestly did look like a good athlete on the field at Penn State.

The fact that he looks like a clumsy oaf out there is honestly pretty surprising to me, and probably pretty surprising to the team brass, as well.

I also think it is much to early to give up on the kid. He's playing a position that takes time to develop into and the rest of the offense is a dumpster fire. You can't just throw him out right now.
Jmo, when I look at players I study movement and agility, position specific movement..what are their responsibilities movement wise for that position..that’s where I was concerned..

He should be able to make an impact in the pats game, there is space to be had.

He's just not an NFL player better off pairing him with an overprice vet ( take your pick) and hopefully, somebody will absorb a bad contract and give a pick just to have an all-everything volleyball player on their roster.

He'll only last a few years in the NFL because of "potential" and draft status. Clearly not a football player in any way.

It is amazing to me that the Pats still treated him like a threat. The safety biting hard on the post is why Butler is open for the touchdown.

Back
Top Bottom