Gesicki may be a Chicago Bear soon. (RUMOR) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki may be a Chicago Bear soon. (RUMOR)

YES......Me

I told you all he will be a Phin.

Trust me on this.

He doesn't want a backlogged contract. We conveniently have enough space plus another 11 million in useless cuts if necessary.

It will happen guys
You’re not taking into account that we have a 25 million deficit in 2023. We can’t afford Roquan

You’re not taking into account that we have a 25 million deficit in 2023. We can’t afford Roquan

Sure I am.

That's assuming a cap space of 218 million which is about 10-12 million short of the expected cap which will be 228-230 million.

Using spotrac the tricky year is next year.

By also cutting useless players this year that will leave us approximately 35 million.

You get a guy like Smith and sign him to a front loaded contract, that leaves you with the ability to still roll over about 15 million or so next year.

This now puts us at or around the cap space.

Will make things tough with Wilkins and all. But seeing as how 2024, and on, our cap space will be over 70 million, the key is making 2023 work.

I believe Grier can make it work.

This is the type of move that could make the Phins true contenders, not just the playoffs.

Let's hypothetically say a move like this puts us in the Saints position in 5 years or so because we have to manipulate contracts.

Well, a trip or 2 to the SB or a few years of being a true contender is worth it for me if it means a rebuild in 5-6 years.

As opposed to being close, but not quite good enough to compete with the Bills and Chiefs etc.

I totally see this as a realistic possibility - place more assets towards elite defense as this offense if healthy has elite potential. Our online depth is very questionable tho but Gisecki is expendable - likely better for his career too as there are too many elite players right now on our offense for him to create what he might elsewhere IMO.

Interesting. I keep reading all this hype for Cole Kmet in FF and it baffles me. Crazy how much things change the final month before regular season.
They are very high on Kmet and that's a reason I don't think Gesicki is worth upending their roster for unless they are trying to replicate a Pats-type offense with 2 TE, which might actually make sense given their situation with Fields...

Last edited:
Sure I am.

That's assuming a cap space of 218 million which is about 10-12 million short of the expected cap which will be 228-230 million.

By also cutting useless players this year that will leave us approximately 35 million.

You get a guy like Smith and sign him to a front loaded contract, that leaves you with the ability to still roll over about 15 million or so next year.

Will make things tough with Wilkins and all. But seeing as how 2024, and on, our cap space will be over 70 million, the key is making 2023 work.

This is the type of move that could make the Phins true contenders, not just the playoffs.

Let's hypothetically say a move like this puts us in the Saints position in 5 years or so because we have to manipulate contracts.

Well, a trip or 2 to the SB or a few years of being a true contender is worth it for me if it means a rebuild in 5-6 years.

As opposed to being close, but not quite good enough to compete with the Bills and Chiefs etc.
Excellent analysis. Great write up. Thanks.

Sure I am.

Also, if Gesicki were to be included in a trade that would save his contract which is currently around $10 million and likely to go up.

It would be good for both teams IMO.

I would prefer for it to happen sooner than later though because both will need to learn the new roles for their team.

“Bears fans are saying”? Have you MET Bears fans? We’re not exactly talking GM material discussions here. Right now the hill they’re all trying to die on is getting ayahuasca reclassified as a performance enhancing drug.

Also, if Gesicki were to be included in a trade that would save his contract which is currently around $10 million and likely to go up.

True true.

We can get to 45 million. More than. Enough to sign smith, roll over 20 + million and take care of wilkins....almost lol

Back
Top Bottom