Gesicki to New England | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki to New England

He is instantly the best receiver on the Pats.

Doesnt need to block much when he is WR1.
And that tells you how bad their receiver corps is. Much like when Miami’s receiver corps was a dumpster fire and was the reason for all of Gesicki’s forced production.

I don’t think this is true at all. Most here know he can’t block worth a damn. Glorified slot receiver. Majority know anyway, majority are not thinking he’s Kelce.
In my personal experience, any post I made that was even slightly negative about Gesicki over the years was absolutely thrashed here. I feel like there were posts every single week we lost about how we needed to work him into the gameplan. People genuinely expected him to fit into our future plans.

I’ll be honest; I always thought he was a mediocre TE. He provided basically nothing as a blocker or in any short, quick routes lined up inside. He had zero, run after the catch ability; a 5’10” 175lbs CB would lay him out as soon as he touched a ball. His only strength was being mismatched lining up in the slot and even then he dropped catchable balls in critical moments.

He always seemed like a good guy and team player, so I never had an issue with him. But, I would have traded him after last season when he at least had some value rather than letting him walk to the Pats for basically nothing. Even a low round pick this year is more than we will get compensation wise based on his contract.

Exactly what I didn't want to happen, yet fully expected, with him and Van Ginkle. Bet it happens for both now. Not cause I'm worried about them there, just were 2 of my faves and the last place I wanted them to go was there. Ugh. Wish they thought more like Zach, but guys gotta do what they gotta do for themselves.
It’s funny that this worries you. New England has cornered the market on stiffs at the skill positions.

OK, Gesicki isn't a fit in the Dolphins. However, there are 30 other teams he could have joined and yet he signed with the Patriots. He seems like a genuinely nice guy with a great sense of humor but in signing with New England my opinion of him just declined by 40%. Yes, he wants to be paid and support his family but Big Mike embracing the Patriot Way makes me wanna puke.

Last edited:
Wow! Obviously, the tight-end market wasn't that great and then combine that with a drop in production. Here is another reason why I will never get mad if a player wants more money. He would have been locked up for a few years if he left last season and got paid. All the best to MG for keeping it professional.

Well, wish it wasn’t NE

Guess teams didn’t value him that much

Back
Top Bottom