Get your fans from afar flags | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get your fans from afar flags

So I live in Canada, I'm a Canadian Citizen, passed the extensive test on the long (lol) history of the nation. But I was born and bred (mostly) in Newcastle upon Tyne, England and still regard myself as very much a Geordie, Englishman, Briton. To complicate matters further my father is Spanish and I grew up for a large chunk of my early life on the beaches of Mallorca. It's a confusing mess in our household where 4 of the 5 of our kids were born in Calgary (the other is a Geordie like me but speaks with a Canadian accent, I failed there) to a French Canadian mother from Montreal who's family think they are Italian !

Long story short, The English cross of St. George or the British, Union Jack please for me :)
I thought my back story was complicated..! Mods, give the man the English, British, Canadian/ Quebec/ french/ Spanish/ geordie flags 🤣

So I live in Canada, I'm a Canadian Citizen, passed the extensive test on the long (lol) history of the nation. But I was born and bred (mostly) in Newcastle upon Tyne, England and still regard myself as very much a Geordie, Englishman, Briton. To complicate matters further my father is Spanish and I grew up for a large chunk of my early life on the beaches of Mallorca. It's a confusing mess in our household where 4 of the 5 of our kids were born in Calgary (the other is a Geordie like me but speaks with a Canadian accent, I failed there) to a French Canadian mother from Montreal who's family think they are Italian !

Long story short, The English cross of St. George or the British, Union Jack please for me :)
Wherabooot in Newcastle are you from Geordie?

Wherabooot in Newcastle are you from Geordie?

Born in Jesmond and raised mostly there and Gosforth, then moved out of the "affluent" areas to the pit villages of Burradon and Annitsford, that was a culture shock I tell you. You think you should be able to understand what people from your same city say, but it took me a while to begin to make head or tails of what they were talking about. It was a real treat watching my Canadian wife struggle to work out what the locals were talking about when we lived there together :)

It's great we have so many foreign members here and we'd like to recognize them by adding their flag to their profile. Here in the U.S football is a given for all of us but to be from a foreign country and to root for the Phins is something special. Post the country you reside in and we'll install your flag on your profile. I left a US flag on my profile so you can see where it will be placed. We're not adding US flags as it would keep me busy for months and I have too much to do, I will be removing mine after we get the program up and rolling. So thanks again for being valued members and Brothers on the site, we're glad you're here. Phins up!
:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh:fh
Can you add the state of Maine flag?

Born in Jesmond and raised mostly there and Gosforth, then moved out of the "affluent" areas to the pit villages of Burradon and Annitsford, that was a culture shock I tell you. You think you should be able to understand what people from your same city say, but it took me a while to begin to make head or tails of what they were talking about. It was a real treat watching my Canadian wife struggle to work out what the locals were talking about when we lived there together :)
Beautiful cricket ground Jesmond. Yeah the accents are varied from the Darlo folk to the shields to Morpeth and Alnwick. Very picturesque in some places snd rough as anywhere you’ve seen in others. Benwell in 1995 was seriously rough, most houses were boarded up, I saw kids standing around barrels of fire to keep warm like some rocky movie wearing not much during winter and they should’ve been at school. Hard to watch but love the geordies they’re the most down to earth of the English and most fun on a night out which with them turns into week binges.

Back
Top Bottom