Get your fans from afar flags | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get your fans from afar flags

Beautiful cricket ground Jesmond. Yeah the accents are varied from the Darlo folk to the shields to Morpeth and Alnwick. Very picturesque in some places snd rough as anywhere you’ve seen in others. Benwell in 1995 was seriously rough, most houses were boarded up, I saw kids standing around barrels of fire to keep warm like some rocky movie wearing not much during winter and they should’ve been at school. Hard to watch but love the geordies they’re the most down to earth of the English and most fun on a night out which with them turns into week binges.

Yeah they don't have a lot, but the folk there make the most of it. There are some very rough neighbourhoods, places you don't want to go alone, I know I wouldn't. Then you drive up to Northumberland, and it's beautiful, if you like Castles, forests and beaches it hit's every spot, but the weather sucks to high heaven. Calgary's weather is pretty awful to, I've never lived somewhere where it hurts to breath on minus 40 days and the winter lasts for 8 months ! But the quality of life here is great and Canadians are such nice people.

The reason I moved away was solely down to the finances of living there compared to what we have here in Canada, I earn around 3 times what I could make back there and live in a house is at least twice the size of anything I could have afforded back there.

I still though rate Orlando as my favourite place I have lived, somewhere where a lot of people don't even own a winter coat, with just about one week where you can't relax by the pool or on the beach, where the house prices are ridiculously low and the entertainment available is second to none. I envy the locals here, the Florida lifestyle is idealic in many ways. I'm hoping to snowbird when I retire if I can, a lot of Canadians do it, basically they spend 6 months in Arizona or Florida during winter then come back home for the summer months. Problem I have is that I'm due to retire in at worst 10 years time but my youngest is only 2 :(

Back
Top Bottom