Ginn Jr, give players a break for crying out loud. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn Jr, give players a break for crying out loud.

Hagan, is a big bust. He stinks, Ginn actually has good hands and yes he still needs some work on his routes. But the can flat out run pass anyone and that is what we need. Chambers can make the big catch but he has average speed and with someone like Ginn he will make every defense worry about the long ball. Thus making running the ball easier and giving the other wr. more room underneight. I have watched every game of Ginn's that last 2 years. Trust me, he can be a Reggie Bush and totally change a game. He would be a great pick and I would be first in line to get a number 7 Jersey with his name on it. Just look at his highlights on uptube and judge it yourself. After seeing it you will say "If he can do that in Miami he is worth our number one pic!"

Another intelligent post!

Saying he's a bust after 1 f'n season:shakeno:

what profile are you talking about.

chris chambers.... although he was double teamed a lot, he very rarely catches the ball when you absolutely need him too. Absolutely does not scare anybody speed wise.

marty booker....cried like a baby his first year and said he didn't like being traded to miami. than went on to become a WR who catches nicely, but is slower than mollassess in january. slips and falls four times a game. He reminds of a high school girls basketball center, the ones who trip of the half court line.

wes welker... undersized possession receiver. again not very fast at least not in football situations. If he was fast he would be a much better KR/PR.

Ginn while not being a real tall glass of water, has amazing speed and cuts really well. something none of the other three do. booker is the worst straight line runner I have seen in a long time. ginn could bust one for a td on any given play. ONe would have to be asleep not to see that.

If Chambers doesn't scare anyone speed wise...why double team him?

Chambers has great speed and some of you are being crazy with your comments. Hagan was our 4th reciever and he didnt do bad, he is a posession reciever thats what he is. All you guys tthik about are his drops he looks like he is gonna be a solid 2nd or 3rd reciever in this leaue. I dont like the idea of Ginn at nine but I wont mind u say burners cant be effective then wat is Lee Evans. The guy is just as small as ginn was not a very good route runner and all he does is score 70 yd TD's every 1 needs to relax and see how the draft falls. YOu have to remeber ginn is a junior coming out he wasnt a WR til he got to ohio st he was a highschool QB hes only going to improve. Thats only three years at the position. Like I said id rather see someone else picked because their is so much talent at reciever in this draft but if we take him I will not mind. Id rather see us grab someone else and then Meachem in the 2nd because he would have prob been the #1 Wr in nex years draft and going in the first and now because of the talent at Wr i thik we got a shot.

TdGinn X factor

O.K. I don’t like high draft choices but if we don’t trade down Ginn should be our choice. He will not be the #1 WR nor the #2 WR per se but should be designated as #xWR

Here is the play:

Chambers wide left.
Booker is next to him.
In the slot also on the left side is Brown.
McMichael TE also on the left.
Nobody on the right.

Shotgun formation.

No FB
Where is Ted?
Ted is on the left side of the QB and takes a lateral.

Defense cannot shift entire team to cover.

Chambers is in a fly pattern. Takes the CB with him. Single coverage.
Booker goes deep across the field. He takes a safety. Single coverage.
Brown reads the other safety, goes downfield under Chambers. Single coverage.
R.M. takes a LB. Single coverage.
The Center pulls left as in a sweep/or takes the MLB
The QB goes far right as in a pass pattern.

Ginn shifts to the left he is all alone, with his speed the far side LB is out of the play and cannot move, must play zone if Ginn shifts to the right. The far side CB is in the same position, he too cannot over commit should Ginn shift to the right, besides who will cover QB who is in a pass pattern?

If any of the other defenders leave post and abandon their man….
Ginn can run or pass the ball. He was a QB until he went to Ohio, either way the defense loses.
-----------
We
use Ginn in the backfield as in this situation or even hand off to him, or short screens.
use him in the slot position.
going deep as a decoy.
If he can’t catch a pass long, will give it to him short.
He is called X because he will be the X factor. Everyone benefits

Whoever is our QB they will benefit.(I still want Brennan)

Ted Ginn jr. or Brady Quinn.

I’d take Td-G.

And only if we don’t trade down.

I dont think hagan is a bust at all...sure he dropped a few passes but he is young and i think he will be a fine complementary wr for this team for years to come..i invision ginn as the # 1 wr and hagan as the # 2 in two years....i thought hagan had great stats for a 3-4 wr on the depth chart..21 catches 221 yds 10.5 ypc and 1 td..i think he will be a good one...the thought of ginn playing for us next year excites me big time, i wanted holmes last season but oh well we drafted allen...nough said...getting back to ginn i agree with your assement on him, i do think he has the ability to change a game like a bush or hester for that matter...any player that is taken is gonna have negatives about him, people find flaws in every 1 so no matter what the knock aganist ginn is i think we be follish not to draft him..he is a cant miss prospect and this team needs a burner at the wr spot...

very well said. someoen with actual knowledge and a bright side.

O.K. I don’t like high draft choices but if we don’t trade down Ginn should be our choice. He will not be the #1 WR nor the #2 WR per se but should be designated as #xWR

Here is the play:

Chambers wide left.
Booker is next to him.
In the slot also on the left side is Brown.
McMichael TE also on the left.
Nobody on the right.

Shotgun formation.

No FB

Where is Ted?
Ted is on the left side of the QB and takes a lateral.

Defense cannot shift entire team to cover.

Chambers is in a fly pattern. Takes the CB with him. Single coverage.
Booker goes deep across the field. He takes a safety. Single coverage.
Brown reads the other safety, goes downfield under Chambers. Single coverage.
R.M. takes a LB. Single coverage.
The Center pulls left as in a sweep/or takes the MLB
The QB goes far right as in a pass pattern.

Ginn shifts to the left he is all alone, with his speed the far side LB is out of the play and cannot move, must play zone if Ginn shifts to the right. The far side CB is in the same position, he too cannot over commit should Ginn shift to the right, besides who will cover QB who is in a pass pattern?

If any of the other defenders leave post and abandon their man….
Ginn can run or pass the ball. He was a QB until he went to Ohio, either way the defense loses.
-----------
We
use Ginn in the backfield as in this situation or even hand off to him, or short screens.
use him in the slot position.
going deep as a decoy.
If he can’t catch a pass long, will give it to him short.
He is called X because he will be the X factor. Everyone benefits

Whoever is our QB they will benefit.(I still want Brennan)

Ted Ginn jr. or Brady Quinn.

I’d take Td-G.

And only if we don’t trade down.

who is Td-g? touch down Ginn?

and GInn did NOT play QB he played CB. he said its still his favorite position and maybe one day he cna play that again.

for those taht hate on Ginn Jr so much, you HAVEN"T SEEN HIM PLAY IN TEH NFL TO JUDGE HIM AS A BUST TO BE OR JUST A ST DREAM!!!

Why is Steve smith so good? he is fast as hell and small as hell so he gets by defenders or gets a slant pattern n takes it to the home with that speed. Why is harrison so good? he has the speed and route running but is as skinny as me. Chad johnson, why is he soo good? he is as skinny as me when it comes to legs but fast as hell. TO is the only MAN looking player out there but thats it adn a lot has to do wiht his aggressiveness and just brains for the game. Other then that evreyone is small, and fast. look at chambers, he is shorter then Ginn Jr!! do you see something in common here? Speed gives you YAC and YAC means BIG NUMBERS meaning helps you become a great player.

So why hate hte man? he is so small? he is so tiny? so raw? etc etc. THE HELL YOU EXPECT a man wlking in to be great out the door? I dont think so. Beofre you guys jump the gun just like ALlen, just for once, just for ONCE, give players and people a chance before you judge. Because i PROMISE you if he does become good and our pick, IMA take all those haters username and post it in a thread so whenever ppl jump the bandwagon everyone will see who was the fake fan and the quick to judge without konwing the player.

Im tired of this board doing that bandwagon BS. So just say "Hey, i dont really like the pick but if we do pick him, I will give him a chance and I "DO HOPE" he becomes great."

Hey I will let you post my name first, if .... (hold on let me laugh..hahaha) he (Ted Ginn) does become good and our pick.!!!

Hes only going to get better as a WR. With the right coaching he could be a monster. Then add in his decoy factor & special teams play. His speed is absolutely unreal. He will be the fastest player in the league. How many coaches say the most important thing in the NFL is speed?

Is he worth #9 I dont know but I wouldnt he unhappy about taking him there.

Hey I will let you post my name first, if .... (hold on let me laugh..hahaha) he (Ted Ginn) does become good and our pick.!!!

I'd prefer you not posting ever again b/c its ppl like you that jump on the bandwagon.

Hes only going to get better as a WR. With the right coaching he could be a monster. Then add in his decoy factor & special teams play. His speed is absolutely unreal. He will be the fastest player in the league. How many coaches say the most important thing in the NFL is speed?

Is he worth #9 I dont know but I wouldnt he unhappy about taking him there.

why did OUR defense improve thi slast year? b/c we added so MUCh speed. Goodman, Jackson (already on team), Allen (ran a 4.29 if i recall), J Allen, Hill, are ALL SPEEDY DB's with Hill being the slowest of the group.

Even in madden you can notice the difference in the pace and pursueing of hte players.

You noticed it even in teh first game of preseason how quickly allen (W) go to the RB to stop the 3 adn 2 pass in the flats

why did OUR defense improve thi slast year? b/c we added so MUCh speed. Goodman, Jackson (already on team), Allen (ran a 4.29 if i recall), J Allen, Hill, are ALL SPEEDY DB's with Hill being the slowest of the group.

Even in madden you can notice the difference in the pace and pursueing of hte players.

You noticed it even in teh first game of preseason how quickly allen (W) go to the RB to stop the 3 adn 2 pass in the flats

:lol: Well that settles it.

:lol: Well that settles it.

Yea, I'd rather get a defensive player like Okoye or Adams(should he fall), Landry or Nelson, or Levi Brown at #9, and hope Rice, Bowe, or Meachem falls (maybe even Davis or Gonzalez if they look the part) in the 2nd round.

Heck, I'd honestly rather have Rice, Bowe, or Meachem at #9 before Ginn. I just know they'd be reaches too.

who is Td-g? touch down Ginn?

and GInn did NOT play QB he played CB. he said its still his favorite position and maybe one day he cna play that again.
Ted Ginn Jr. : Profile

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ginnjr_ted00.html

High School: Played for his father, Ted Ginn Sr., in high school ... was selected as the USA Today Defensive Player of the Year ... also a 2004 Parade All-American ... SuperPrep named him as its 2004 National Defensive Player of the Year ... Most Valuable Player of the U.S. Army All-America game ... also played quarterback, wide receiver and running back for Glenville and returned punts and kickoffs ... intercepted eight passes as a senior, returning five of them for touchdowns ... one of his interception returns went for a state-record 102-yard touchdown, while another went for a 97-yard score ... also passed for 932 yards and 12 touchdowns and rushed for 845 yards and 17 touchdowns ... named one of Ohio's three 2003 Division I Offensive Players of the Year ... returned four punts and one kickoff for touchdowns ... the national champion in the 110 high hurdles as a junior and recorded the best time in the nation as a senior when he won the state title for the second consecutive year ... has been timed at 10.5 seconds in the 100 meter dash.

so PLZ, dont predict waht he will be or wont be until a few years in the league.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

Id also like to know what planet Jason Allen ran a 4.29 on, because its probably the same surface that Ted Ginn ran a 4.05 on!

STOP DRINKING THE KOOL AID BECAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT

Another intelligent post!

Saying he's a bust after 1 f'n season:shakeno:

Hagan might as wll be a BUST, I didn't see any signs of potential in him the few times the ball was thrown @ him, so call it what you wanna call it.

GINN+BROWN+C-PEP(fully recoverd)= :fire:

Back
Top Bottom