Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game

Plays smaller than he is
Soft as cotton and easily moved off the spot
Still very unbalanced
LOL worthy as a blocker

He does have good hands and can get some separation, especially when matched up on a LB.

But let's not wet our pants because he finally made a nice catch in a 2 minute situation vs an 0-5 team. We have seen teams easily take him out of games and make him a non factor.

He is at best a situational usage player with athletic traits but can and has been easily outproduced by lower picks and UDFAs. He is due a few nice plays, and he had one Sunday, but he is largely ineffective.

Go back to that Sunday tape and watch how soft and small he played for a good portion of that game.

That's the thing, i'm not giving my thoughts based on what i "think." It's right there on tape. I've seen some of it. Have you?
If you did then you'd realize how ridicilous your post is regarding the player.

I make it a point to atleast watch a little bit of film, BEFORE, making statements that hold no credibility and looks like i'm just echoing what others that don't look at film are also saying.

Never want to be a part of that crowd.

Oh spare us the condescending "I watched the film so I am superior" attitude.

If you really watched the film you would clearly see how awkward and soft the guy is every single game. Teams literally assume he is running a route and laugh if Miami has the audacity to have him do anything physical.

If "Go . . .Go,Go" was a player, he'd be Mike Gesicki.

He’s got the ability to make the spectacular catch, leaping ability factors in, but I think the guy is a fumble waiting to happen the way he runs after catch and how he leaves his body open to contact..His linear build is not conducive to precise route running, and his balance is not good..

Well, he hasn't fumble yet. So how can we hold that against him?
His linear build? Are you being serious right now?

Now that Fitz is playing the QB position let's revist this thread. I have a feeling your going ot see a lot more positives from Gesicki

Oh spare us the condescending "I watched the film so I am superior" attitude.

If you really watched the film you would clearly see how awkward and soft the guy is every single game. Teams literally assume he is running a route and laugh if Miami has the audacity to have him do anything physical.

If "Go . . .Go,Go" was a player, he'd be Mike Gesicki.

When did i say he wasn't awkard or soft? You might want to start with the 1st post and read through it before commenting.
Your comment lends nothing to this conversation...NOTHING!

When did i say he wasn't awkard or soft? You might want to start with the 1st post and read through it before commenting.
Your comment lends nothing to this conversation...NOTHING!

You said he outjumped a safety . . . Please show us the film of this?

Dude doesn't out jump anybody in the field of play.

He gets breathed on, falls down, and asks for a PI, 3 yards from the LOS . . . Breathed on by a sub 200 lb CB.

You said he outjumped a safety . . . Please show us the film of this?

Dude doesn't out jump anybody in the field of play.

He gets breathed on, falls down, and asks for a PI, 3 yards from the LOS . . . Breathed on by a sub 200 lb CB.

You don't get to make an inaccurate statement and then try to follow it up with something else. Not until you go back to post #1 read through the entire thread to know what the conversations about, apologize for you inaccurate comment eariler and then i'll consider entertaining yet another silly post.

and don't ever quote me out of turn...

You don't get to make an inaccurate statement and then try to follow it up with something else. Not until you go back to post #1 read through the entire thread to know what the conversations about, apologize for you inaccurate comment eariler and then i'll consider entertaining yet another silly post.

and don't ever quote me out of turn...

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and not address the "he's open a lot" assessment as I would like that film study in this thread by 9 am, you film guru you . . . So i chose something that you could select 1 play and show us this elite jumping over safety ability he has shown in his 21 NFL games.

He is on the ground more than he is upright and he don't jump, he just has height. He doesn't attack anything and he hasn't been used as a redzone threat either, which the way he falls down on contact I can understand that.

Look I wish the guy well, but let's not make some mysterious myths up that he would be some game changer but we are neglecting him. Dude has been what he is through 21 games and that's exactly what I described in my first post in this thread.

Still only 21 games but not much has changed IMO.

I'm with Kdawg on this one. I'm not ready to give up on Gesicki, because he has really good measurables, has shown flashes (mostly in college), and because TE is a difficult position to play and usually requires a bit of development.

But there's nothing to be seen right now that says this guy is a game changer.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and not address the "he's open a lot" assessment as I would like that film study in this thread by 9 am, you film guru you . . . So i chose something that you could select 1 play and show us this elite jumping over safety ability he has shown in his 21 NFL games.

He is on the ground more than he is upright and he don't jump, he just has height. He doesn't attack anything and he hasn't been used as a redzone threat either, which the way he falls down on contact I can understand that.

Look I wish the guy well, but let's not make some mysterious myths up that he would be some game changer but we are neglecting him. Dude has been what he is through 21 games and that's exactly what I described in my first post in this thread.

Still only 21 games but not much has changed IMO.

Good lord...When did i say he's a game changer?
If you're even remotely trying to be honest then you'd admit this staff/offense is leaving a lot of plays out there for him.

If he didn't have the ability then i really wouldn't be saying there's more to the guy. But it's obvious he has the ability to contribute more to this offense.
His growth from year 1 to year 2 is much better and he still has a long way to go.

The throw and catch where you conviently misquoted me is an example of that play making ability and one very few TEs in this league can make.
That's special and there's more of that to his game.

Fitzpatrick is in and seems to like throwing to him. So he'll get more of a chance to showcase what he can do..

Watch the PI against him, I wouldve been pissed the **** out if I was the defensive player... Dude barely touched him and yet again he goes to the ground... He's the Daniele Thomas of TEs...

Good lord...When did i say he's a game changer?
If you're even remotely trying to be honest then you'd admit this staff/offense is leaving a lot of plays out there for him.

If he didn't have the ability then i really wouldn't be saying there's more to the guy. But it's obvious he has the ability to contribute more to this offense.
His growth from year 1 to year 2 is much better and he still has a long way to go.

The throw and catch where you conviently misquoted me is an example of that play making ability and one very few TEs in this league can make.
That's special and there's more of that to his game.

Fitzpatrick is in and seems to like throwing to him. So he'll get more of a chance to showcase what he can do..

I mean Fitz has played approximately 2 games to Rosen's 3. Gesicki has 6 receptions from Rosen and 3 from Fitzpatrick.

Smythe's only reception came from Rosen

3 of 4 of O'Leary's came from Rosen

Gesicki's targets actually went up with Rosen in.

Where you are losing me is with your talk of "substantial" growth. Where?

That throw and catch was a gutsy dime from Fitzpatrick and a good adjustment from Gesicki and good hands. This ain't the Stone age though, TEs are making athletic plays like that every week throughout the league . . .Gesicki lacks opportunity because of his liabilities in other areas and the team has big targets with more ability outside already.

He steps on the field, he has gotta be a willing blocker and he did that on the TD to Parker that got us within one.

That is the play to highlight, it wasn't special or anything but he just has to be willing and do enough. More of that will give him more opportunity.

But if he doesn't get more physical as a receiver it will continue to be used against him and he'll continue to be schemed out of plays.

Well, he hasn't fumble yet. So how can we hold that against him?
His linear build? Are you being serious right now?

Now that Fitz is playing the QB position let's revist this thread. I have a feeling your going ot see a lot more positives from Gesicki
Yes sir I’m being serious, what I said plus that I think he’s the worst blocker at the position I’ve seen come out of college is exactly what I said predraft, and so far I haven’t seen anything to make me feel differently, I wish he would make me wrong Though..

You are right he hasn’t fumbled so there’s that, but yes his frame and the way he is built combined with his lack of coordinated agility makes him easy to cover, I always said I believe he will make the spectacular catch when he engages his vertical, I think there is a space where only he can reach where that can happen, his height and vert is not a place nfl defenders can go, for me, jmo, I want a tight end that I can count on to do multiple things, I don’t trust this player..

Back
Top Bottom