Give me one reason why you expect to be better in 2007? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give me one reason why you expect to be better in 2007?

You want one reason why we will be better in 2007? This is easy. We are the MIAMI DOLPHINS!!!

a) regardless of what anyone thinks of Porter he's an upgrade from Spraggins.

b) What did we really lose? A TE who didn't do anything? Terrible QB's?

We will do no better than 4 games behind the Pats in the Division. Doubtful we will do better than 500. Not a chance in hell at the playoffs.

Hey I'm realistic. Love the fins but they are what they are and when they are something else I'll let ya know that too.

On the bright side we might have our franchise QB, and if we do we might soon see the light at the end of the tunnel

Whats caused you to lose your faith?

I'm a fan from the Shula/Marino years (1983-on) During that run I was spoiled from the teams amazing consistency each and every year, fighting for and usually making the playoffs. In the mini-drought we had in the late 1980's, Marino's ability and sheer entertainment value alone was worth the price of admission because even though we we're undermanned, with #13, we we're never out.

Fast forward to today, we are on our 4th new coach, who doesn't strike me as a qualified (experienced) person to lead us. Our QB situation is shrouded with unknowns, is Green healthy?, can Beck get it done if need be, will Cleo Lemon make the team? It might be the single biggest issue for me personally since I feel this Culpepper fiasco was not handled properly from Jump.

Adding to this sense of "here we go again" is the new offensive line that will need to come together (again) the old front 7 on defense (again...and older) that seems to buckle in crunch times, the suspect d-backs (again) and our number one pick who might not be 100% this year (or ever). Can Cam coach and call all of the plays?

Although you all have raised some valid points that seem to make sense, I will need to see something stand out during the preseason if I want to truly raise the flag of optimism.

Let's see what happens. I hope for the best, but my personal recollection of Dolphin greatness is in Sepia tones.

Seriously, I have lost my faith. Many of you seem to be entrhalled by various rankings, camp reports and soundbytes, but give me some truth!
Tell me why 2007 will be different than 2006/5/4/3/2

The truth is Unfaithful fans aren't as enthralling as faithful fans.We wouldn't want you to be something you're not.

I'm a fan from the Shula/Marino years (1983-on) During that run I was spoiled from the teams amazing consistency each and every year, fighting for and usually making the playoffs. In the mini-drought we had in the late 1980's, Marino's ability and sheer entertainment value alone was worth the price of admission because even though we we're undermanned, with #13, we we're never out.

Fast forward to today, we are on our 4th new coach, who doesn't strike me as a qualified (experienced) person to lead us. Our QB situation is shrouded with unknowns, is Green healthy?, can Beck get it done if need be, will Cleo Lemon make the team? It might be the single biggest issue for me personally since I feel this Culpepper fiasco was not handled properly from Jump.

Adding to this sense of "here we go again" is the new offensive line that will need to come together (again) the old front 7 on defense (again...and older) that seems to buckle in crunch times, the suspect d-backs (again) and our number one pick who might not be 100% this year (or ever). Can Cam coach and call all of the plays?

Although you all have raised some valid points that seem to make sense, I will need to see something stand out during the preseason if I want to truly raise the flag of optimism.

Let's see what happens. I hope for the best, but my personal recollection of Dolphin greatness is in Sepia tones.
Son..........you have to believe!!! I’ve been watching Dolphin football since 1970 and yes this was a great time to be a dolphin fan. Three straight superbowls and a perfect season. I was eleven years old when they had their perfect season and I was living high and mighty, no one at school could touch me………if you weren’t a dolphin fan you weren’t anything. Later on we got Marino and won tons of games and it was still fun to be a dolphin fan. Then came Jimmy, Wanny, Saban……………things weren’t great, but it was still fun to be a dolphin fan. We now have Cam, and I don’t have the slightest idea how things are going to go, but you know what? It’s still really fun to be a dolphin fan. I like to think that even if we are struggling to put a good team on the field, it’s still great to be a dolphin fan. I’m not saying that I haven’t been disappointed with some of our draft picks and the play calling, and other pick up’s we’ve made, but I wouldn’t trade that for any other team out there. If we only win a handful of games this year, it will still be great to be a dolphin fan. I like to think that each year will be better than last year, and as long as we are really trying to put a good team out there every week to play, then things are good. We will be better, our draft will prove it. Just remember………….It’s great to be a dolphin fan.

IF Carey makes the successful transition back to LT, then the offense will be flat out better than last year ... don't expect a 'better' performance from the defense - more than likely another top 5 [or push] is all we could ask for.

Alot hinges on Carey ... for if that move fails, Green will not remain healthy for very long [and neither would Lemon - even with his scrambling ability].

Son..........you have to believe!!! I’ve been watching Dolphin football since 1970 and yes this was a great time to be a dolphin fan. Three straight superbowls and a perfect season. I was eleven years old when they had their perfect season and I was living high and mighty, no one at school could touch me………if you weren’t a dolphin fan you weren’t anything. Later on we got Marino and won tons of games and it was still fun to be a dolphin fan. Then came Jimmy, Wanny, Saban……………things weren’t great, but it was still fun to be a dolphin fan. We now have Cam, and I don’t have the slightest idea how things are going to go, but you know what? It’s still really fun to be a dolphin fan. I like to think that even if we are struggling to put a good team on the field, it’s still great to be a dolphin fan. I’m not saying that I haven’t been disappointed with some of our draft picks and the play calling, and other pick up’s we’ve made, but I wouldn’t trade that for any other team out there. If we only win a handful of games this year, it will still be great to be a dolphin fan. I like to think that each year will be better than last year, and as long as we are really trying to put a good team out there every week to play, then things are good. We will be better, our draft will prove it. Just remember………….It’s great to be a dolphin fan.

I'll drink to that! :beer1:

I wouldn't have it any other way. It is great to be a Dolphin fan.

Go Phins! :rawk:

Because I have tickets to the Dec 23 game in New England, and I just know that game is going to have playoff ramifications......

Besides, Im a self admitted Fin Homer...every year will be better than the last...dontcha know????

:lol: @ putting "Science" as the thread icon.

Hey, I doubt there's anything we can say to change your mind. Let the play on the field do the talking.

I agree with both with the guy whom started this thread and also go right along with this quote at the same time. This forum is a great place to get positive feedback if your a Dolphin fan at the same time there has been a huge amount of turmoil going on regarding this team. Whats great is that the pads are finally coming on and we will get to see what this team is going to look like. If we go at least 6-10 this year and play hard every game then I consider we are moving in a positive direction anything less and it may be time to consider starting over yet again.

Back
Top Bottom