Give Minkah a break | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

This is not true. Refer to Ck's posts. Minkah has been bitching since he got to Miami. This isn't about a winning team, this is about Minkah not excelling in every position the way he did at Alabama, so he wants stay in one spot. He is ticked off that he is not being "used correctly". Miami is trying to take advantage of his versatility and he is not happy about that.

Boy, how things have changed since draft night!

View attachment 25104
If we were actively trying to win right now, he would not be demanding a trade. Come on.

Can you imagine the players of yore whining like him after 1 season and 1 game? They don’t make athletes like they used to. Then again, I don’t think I could work for Stephen Ross.
Working for Ross would be the easiest and best job ever. You don't have to be very good at what you do cause he won't get rid of you and in some cases will promote you regardless of how bad you've been(Grier)

My thinking is he is young and facing sports losing likely for the first time.
I would help him thru this, teach how to handle this type of pressure, grow as a person in life and a team leader.
We may or may not have a player who can do this and it should perhaps fall on Flores regardless.

I may be wrong, but I'm going to assume you never actually played football??

You don't bail on your teammates because your coaches are moving you around in different positions. Although, I don't agree with him being moved around, he should have expressed his concerns to coaches privately. He should be flattered that the staff has enough confidence to move him around and he should remember that some of the coaching staff have Superbowl rings on their fingers. His request to be traded is selfish and its insulting to the coaching staff. Not to mention its a massive distraction to a team that already has tons of distractions. This is a rebuilding year and coaches are trying to see what they have in each player to determine if they are part of the future plans, he doesnt get that.

This is a team sport, you do what's best for the team. He is too young and unproven to already act like a primadonna.

View attachment 25102they wont let me play mummy

Lol. The fans in Miami are crazy. We are going to be angry with Minkah for wanting out because of the tank and question his professionalism, while openly acknowledging that the team should actively attempt to lose every game and get rid of all its talent. I would think tank supporters would be thrilled. Did tankers actually believe that deliberately losing would somehow not negatively impact other players on the roster and make them want out? Seriously naive.

You are completely correct. I never played football and I also agree with your sentiments about playing for the team.however, I still think that this could be a maturation issue and if handled well could make him a great player for us.

IMO, Minkah is very immature, and apparently not as talented as he (and many others) thought he was. The thought process when we drafted him was that he was a "safe" high floor, not a particularly high ceiling, type of guy, and that is exactly what he is. I agree that he has been coddled his entire HS, and collegiate career. Well guess what Minkah, the NFL is full of guys that you aren't better than.

someone needs to set him down, and explain the facts of life to him. He doesn't appear to be a "team first" guy, and he, obviously doesn't see (or agree with) the bigger plan, as it relates to the future of the franchise.

That's tough Minkah, but you signed a contract and gladly took the $. Going public with your complaints is counterproductive, and makes you look like a cry baby.

I realize you want to win. Hell, everyone wants to win, but you are barely past being a rookie. You have to pay your dues is almost any occupation before you have the right, or credibility to start demanding things of your superiors. Keep your trap shut, and play football. Good things usually happen for talented, hard working, high character guys.

Whiners, and complainers, not so much.

end rant....................................

If we were actively trying to win right now, he would not be demanding a trade. Come on.

So you're just going to ignore every reality about Minkah Fitzpatrick so you can shoehorn in an exaggerated narrative about this team that no one needs, got it.

Have you checked the forum lately? There are a million of these fantasy threads that exclude all facts and paint a doomsday picture of this franchise. All you.

Working for Ross would be the easiest and best job ever. You don't have to be very good at what you do cause he won't get rid of you and in some cases will promote you regardless of how bad you've been(Grier)
Right but the ineptitude is the organization would drive me crazy. It’s like real life “Office Space”.

IMO, Minkah is very immature, and apparently not as talented as he (and many others) thought he was. The thought process when we drafted him was that he was a "safe" high floor, not a particularly high ceiling, type of guy, and that is exactly what he is. I agree that he has been coddled his entire HS, and collegiate career. Well guess what Minkah, the NFL is full of guys that you aren't better than.

someone needs to set him down, and explain the facts of life to him. He doesn't appear to be a "team first" guy, and he, obviously doesn't see (or agree with) the bigger plan, as it relates to the future of the franchise.

That's tough Minkah, but you signed a contract and gladly took the $. Going public with your complaints is counterproductive, and makes you look like a cry baby.

I realize you want to win. Hell, everyone wants to win, but you are barely past being a rookie. You have to pay your dues is almost any occupation before you have the right, or credibility to start demanding things of your superiors. Keep your trap shut, and play football. Good things usually happen for talented, hard working, high character guys.

Whiners, and complainers, not so much.

end rant....................................

This post is an excellent preview of what will be written about Tua if we draft him. Well done.

Unfortunately I only see him as a slot.
At this point, it appears that way. He was "serviceable" at corner, but was usually a step slow, and was fortunate not to have drawn a lot more PI flags.

He moved around a lot last year, mostly due to injuries and incompetence of other players, and did a decent job for the most part, but not exceptionally good at any of them. Whether you like Flores as a HC, or not, he knows a few things when it comes to defenses, and how to best use a players talent.

I may be wrong, but I'm going to assume you never actually played football??

You don't bail on your teammates because your coaches are moving you around in different positions. Although, I don't agree with him being moved around, he should have expressed his concerns to coaches privately. He should be flattered that the staff has enough confidence to move him around and he should remember that some of the coaching staff have Superbowl rings on their fingers. His request to be traded is selfish and its insulting to the coaching staff. Not to mention its a massive distraction to a team that already has tons of distractions. This is a rebuilding year and coaches are trying to see what they have in each player to determine if they are part of the future plans, he doesnt get that.

This is a team sport, you do what's best for the team. He is too young and unproven to already act like a primadonna.
^^^^THIS^^^^

Been saying since last draft we should've taken Derwin James. Even with that Minkah is a good football player.

Minkah had a fantastic rookie year at nickel. If Flo was the defensive guru he thinks he is he should just leave him there and watch him shine.

He's not a FS, he's not a boundary corner. He's a elite nickelback.

Back
Top Bottom