Give Minkah a break | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

Then simply put he's not the leader he claims to be.

Man up.

A guy like X has way more leg to "complain" about. Yet X and others like him understand this painful process we have to go through and are going to see this through.
Who the hell is Minkah?

Last edited:
This is how I really feel Minkah.

1) be grateful you were born healthy and able to be a pro athlete and football player and get paid to play the game..you were lucky, not blessed.

2) you are a 2nd year player who hasn’t proved jack sh## in a league with grizzled vets..

3) Keep your entitled head down, go to work and play defense, it’s a freakin game, it’s all movement and scheme, who the hell cares where you line up, just play ball and have fun..

4) so sorry we suck as a team, running from that shows me something about you..grow up and be a man.

5) if you don’t wanna be a part of the turnaround then go see what you can get on the market..

Jmo

I thought Christian Wilkins was drafted high but I don’t hear him saying these things or fighting with our best players.

Reporter: “Christian how do you feel about being on a team that’s obviously rebuilding and where the outsiders are saying things like how bad you all are gonna be.”

Wilkins, “We all work hard every day, I’m here to get better every day and to help my team win, we can’t let the outside world control who we are and it doesn’t matter what the narrative is, I’m not gonna roll over for anybody”

This is how a young player who was drafted in the first round should be acting..

One of the things I hate is when other people try to tell other people how they should feel. Minkah feels that way for a reason. We have no idea what’s going on in the locker room. When this report came out about players wanted out after the first game our coach said he wasn’t aware of players wanting out. Well it seems it was true and the coach didn’t even know. It’s disappointing to hear this about Minkah, but coach needs to talk to players and be transparent on the goals are, if he can’t play safety show him or coach him. I do believe he belongs in the box but it’s up the staff to sell him on it.

One of the things I hate is when other people try to tell other people how they should feel. Minkah feels that way for a reason. We have no idea what’s going on in the locker room. When this report came out about players wanted out after the first game our coach said he wasn’t aware of players wanting out. Well it seems it was true and the coach didn’t even know. It’s disappointing to hear this about Minkah, but Miami does hold all the cards here.

There are young players who if got paid millions would keep to their buisness and play ball..

Those are the types I would be looking for to build a team.. not ones who are not comfortable because their being asked to play defense or because their team is rebuilding..

Jmo

Not at all, but it is far more absurd to suggest that this tank has nothing to do with this trade request. Minkah is a player and would like to earn some money. Being on a team that is going to misuse him while attempting to lose all their games isn’t going to help him make that money. He is making a business decision. It’s that simple. You want the tank, then you should be happy with this. It helps assure your number 1 pick. Wish Minkah the best and laugh all the way to the number 1 pick. Why the vitriol?

Listen, suppose you were hired by a company to do a job and make the company successful. They want you to work a bit out of your best skill set, but you are new and are willing, if not happy about it. One year later, the company announces they are going bankrupt to re-organize and you are going further out of your skill set and will have to work harder to compensate for all the other talented employees they have already laid off. How do you feel then? Do you think you might want to get ahead of the situation and get to a better company? Of course you do. Now, imagine you are only 22 years old when this is happening. You still think you handle this perfectly? Please.

This is spot on! Nobody wants to look at it from the players perspective, not sure if you guys are paying attention but careers are getting shorter. Some of you are focusing on the “reaction” instead of the “cause”. If management would have been up front and transparent with the players none of this wouldn’t be happening right now.

Minkah is a brilliant football player. He knows defenses and how he would be best utilized to the point where he can question a coach. He knows what the prototypical body is for every position. He knows to be the best how much muscle he should carry, when he needs to bulk and when he needs speed. He can question a coach asking him to play at his best natural position and one asking to change to one that would require a lot of discipline and off field work to get into optimal shape. If he is being asked to play a position that he is lacking ten pounds of muscle for, it would frustrate the perfectionist that he is. I’m with him on that. There are some things you can’t just throw at a guy who is smart enough to handle it but not physically the best he can be with little notice. I think he is a perfectionist and wants to be put in the best position to win and sometimes the coaches are just about “you can do this”. Not good enough for a perfectionist. Says more about the coaches than Minkah.

Minkah is a brilliant football player. He knows defenses and how he would be best utilized to the point where he can question a coach. He knows what the prototypical body is for every position. He knows to be the best how much muscle he should carry, when he needs to bulk and when he needs speed. He can question a coach asking him to play at his best natural position and one asking to change to one that would require a lot of discipline and off field work to get into optimal shape. If he is being asked to play a position that he is lacking ten pounds of muscle for, it would frustrate the perfectionist that he is. I’m with him on that. There are some things you can’t just throw at a guy who is smart enough to handle it but not physically the best he can be with little notice. I think he is a perfectionist and wants to be put in the best position to win and sometimes the coaches are just about “you can do this”. Not good enough for a perfectionist. Says more about the coaches than Minkah.

Brilliant? Good Lord man take Minkah's $%^ out of your...

There are young players who if got paid millions would keep to their buisness and play ball..

Those are the types I would be looking for to build a team.. not ones who are not comfortable because their being asked to play defense or because their team is rebuilding..

Jmo

Here we go again. So let me get this straight you prefer players who care about getting paid then actually winning? Minkah wants to win and I have no problem with that it’s a damn shame that we have a player who’s passionate about winning games who voiced his displeasure about playing a position that’s not maximizing his skillset.

This is how I really feel Minkah.

1) be grateful you were born healthy and able to be a pro athlete and football player and get paid to play the game..you were lucky, not blessed.

2) you are a 2nd year player who hasn’t proved jack sh## in a league with grizzled vets..

3) Keep your entitled head down, go to work and play defense, it’s a freakin game, it’s all movement and scheme, who the hell cares where you line up, just play ball and have fun..

4) so sorry we suck as a team, running from that shows me something about you..grow up and be a man.

5) if you don’t wanna be a part of the turnaround then go see what you can get on the market..

Jmo
Minkah isn't lucky to be a part of this team. This team is lucky to have Minkah.

Minkah would have been drafted in the 1st round regardless. He just so happened to fall to a perpetual loser instead of a well run NFL franchise who is typically in the playoffs drafting no higher than 22.

When former players (Akeem Spence) feel sorry for the remaining players on the Dolphins, and prime FA's (Clowney) tell the world they wouldn't come here for all the tea in China then, and only then, can we tell one of our 1st rounders that they should be grateful.

Here we go again. So let me get this straight you prefer players who care about getting paid then actually winning? Minkah wants to win and I have no problem with that it’s a damn shame that we have a player who’s passionate about winning games who voiced his displeasure about playing a position that’s not maximizing his skillset.

I think the majority of players want to win.

Money is part of the equation..Player is under contract starting his 2nd year.. be a part of the solution not the problem.

Should we cater to all players that want to go to winning teams that are in good shape.

Minkah isn't lucky to be a part of this team. This team is lucky to have Minkah.

Minkah would have been drafted in the 1st round regardless. He just so happened to fall to a perpetual loser instead of a well run NFL franchise who is typically in the playoffs drafting no higher than 22.

When former players (Akeem Spence) feel sorry for the remaining players on the Dolphins, and prime FA's (Clowney) tell the world they wouldn't come here for all the tea in China then, and only then, can we tell one of our 1st rounders that they should be grateful.

He’s lucky to be a part of any of the 32 franchises, there are kids born who would do anything to be in his position but they can’t because they’re in wheelchairs or born without legs or arms or challenged.. he got lucky..

Once again it is not your right when drafted to go to a good team..

Why hasn’t Minkah earned the respect of our best player???

Every little thing gets blown up by fans due to social media. Everyone is in their feelings about petty $hit that back in the day you wouldn't have heard anything about it and/or could care less.

:lmfao:

Brilliant? Good Lord man take Minkah's $%^ out of your...

I swear sometimes this place is an insane asylum :lol:

Back
Top Bottom