Give Minkah a break | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

Not at all, but it is far more absurd to suggest that this tank has nothing to do with this trade request. Minkah is a player and would like to earn some money. Being on a team that is going to misuse him while attempting to lose all their games isn’t going to help him make that money. He is making a business decision. It’s that simple. You want the tank, then you should be happy with this. It helps assure your number 1 pick. Wish Minkah the best and laugh all the way to the number 1 pick. Why the vitriol?

Listen, suppose you were hired by a company to do a job and make the company successful. They want you to work a bit out of your best skill set, but you are new and are willing, if not happy about it. One year later, the company announces they are going bankrupt to re-organize and you are going further out of your skill set and will have to work harder to compensate for all the other talented employees they have already laid off. How do you feel then? Do you think you might want to get ahead of the situation and get to a better company? Of course you do. Now, imagine you are only 22 years old when this is happening. You still think you handle this perfectly? Please.

Military does it EVERY day and twice on Sundays.....for 1/100,000th the pay....

There is nothing simple about this situation.

Perhaps some day you'll be blessed to work at a place you've always wanted to, you get assigned tasks you are not comfortable in, a year in the company engages in a teardown where you see all the talented people around you let go and you aren't secure in your job so that you can display your leadership skills and just man up.

And I wasn't aware that Minkah has been claiming to be a leader on the Dolphins during this mess the team is going through. If that is what he is claiming to be I'm in agreement that is not a role he is playing right now.

You have any links for these leadership quotes?
Always love when posters try to equate a game earning a ton of money to a real job.

Lol. The fans in Miami are crazy. We are going to be angry with Minkah for wanting out because of the tank and question his professionalism, while openly acknowledging that the team should actively attempt to lose every game and get rid of all its talent. I would think tank supporters would be thrilled. Did tankers actually believe that deliberately losing would somehow not negatively impact other players on the roster and make them want out? Seriously naive.

So true!! Can't have your cake and eat too.

I am bummed about this regardless, I love Minkah's versatility and I think he will be a great slot player for years to come. Although those years seem to be likely for another team...

I'd be shocked if we moved Minkah. There's little to be gained by doing so.

Last season he was moved around out of necessity, do to the injuries and lack of talent of other players. Burke was incompetent, but he really didn't have much choice.

Flores' defensive philosophy is one of a somewhat position-less defense, therefore the normal "put him in the slot, and leave him there" suggestion is probably not realistic, short of changing philosophy.

Understood about last year, he played half the year at slot and half the year at corner and I was decently pleased with his play.

I thought the move of McCain to safety was to make room for Minkah in the slot..but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

My frustration to the staff is he can be multiple from the slot, keep him in between the hashes and allow him to play the slot and blitz and play a little behind the LOS..bottom line I think even a casual fan can say Minkah like to be closer to the LOS rather than downhill from the safety position..

Personally I happen to be one of the few that think he can play corner..However I would not reinvent the wheel with this kid, he played for the best defensive coordinator in saban and was used from the slot primarily, why not just bite this bullet and solidify a position.

That all being said and I understand some frustration but my other points remains, your a football player, a 2nd year player, we’re a rebuilding team, be grateful, keep your head down and play hard where that may be..sometimes coaches know better than you, sometimes they can have a vision for you that you may not be able to see..

Fitz ain't going no where. There just looking into a crack head offer like Texans did. Not going to happen. I dont think at all we will take 2nd round pick. Not worth it. But a 1st I think we pull the trade. 1st ain't going to happen. Plus we can maybe get a nice player for player offer. That's very unlikely

Always love when posters try to equate a game earning a ton of money to a real job.
A need satisfied is no longer motivating.

Some people are only money centered, obviously Minkah is not.

Reality is there are 31 other teams that would pay Minkah the same money so Miami is nothing special in that department. And how they are playing Minkah may be costing him $$$ in the long run.

Being a professional football player is a real job in which players sacrificed in college, work their ass off and has a short lifespan in which the employees are risking their longterm physical and mental health.

Always love when posters think when a team obviously doesn't have commitment to the players on the roster the players should nevertheless display gratitude and unlimited commitment to that team.

Last edited:
Minkah is the best player on this team.

Minkah is the best player on the Miami Dolphins right now.
No Xavien Howard, Reshad Jones, jakeem grant and Kenyan drake have all contributed more in their time as a dolphin than Minkah.

I’m so done with this guy if I were the coaches I’d play him at nickel for the next 2 or 3 games. Hope and pray that he shows out and we can get a 1st for him.

If he can’t get us back a first rounder I’d tell him to his face “looks like we over drafted you big time and no one wants you”.

I’d then stick him at linebacker lol.

Minkah is being a baby about this but apparently Flores doesn't have a great rapport with these guys which has me concerned.

The new coach that just came in a few days ago doesn't have the best rapport with all the players?
Impossible, because everyone has the best relationship with everyone as soon as they step into their new office.
What the hell is wrong with that Flores guy?

Lil message from a baker to Minkah maybe that he just tweeted

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

Lil message from a baker to Minkah maybe that he just tweeted

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

Wow! Is this real?

Wow! Is this real?

Jerome Baker Jr.

@Lastname_Baker
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Back
Top Bottom