Give Minkah a break | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

NO! Minkah needs to grow up. You got beef? Keep it between you and the team.
I think he has kept it between him and the team. He has not come out publicly at all. The team came out and said they have him permission . I almost don't blame him, it has to be tough for him to watch someone as horrible as McCain play your position and more snaps than you. The coach staff time has some personal evaluation issues in my opinion.

I think the majority of players want to win.

Money is part of the equation..Player is under contract starting his 2nd year.. be a part of the solution not the problem.

Should we cater to all players that want to go to winning teams that are in good shape.

No they shouldn’t but Miami can’t even tank right. We have a talented player on the team and our coaching doesn’t know how to use him, that very concerning to me.

Then simply put he's not the leader he claims to be.

Man up.
There is nothing simple about this situation.

Perhaps some day you'll be blessed to work at a place you've always wanted to, you get assigned tasks you are not comfortable in, a year in the company engages in a teardown where you see all the talented people around you let go and you aren't secure in your job so that you can display your leadership skills and just man up.

And I wasn't aware that Minkah has been claiming to be a leader on the Dolphins during this mess the team is going through. If that is what he is claiming to be I'm in agreement that is not a role he is playing right now.

You have any links for these leadership quotes?

Last edited:
Minkah is a brilliant football player. He knows defenses and how he would be best utilized to the point where he can question a coach. He knows what the prototypical body is for every position. He knows to be the best how much muscle he should carry, when he needs to bulk and when he needs speed. He can question a coach asking him to play at his best natural position and one asking to change to one that would require a lot of discipline and off field work to get into optimal shape. If he is being asked to play a position that he is lacking ten pounds of muscle for, it would frustrate the perfectionist that he is. I’m with him on that. There are some things you can’t just throw at a guy who is smart enough to handle it but not physically the best he can be with little notice. I think he is a perfectionist and wants to be put in the best position to win and sometimes the coaches are just about “you can do this”. Not good enough for a perfectionist. Says more about the coaches than Minkah.

You win "nonsense post of the day".

No 23 year old has the life experience required to know jack about reality, let alone the reality of NFL football. One big reason Flores was brought in was to install his defensive philosophy, because of the success of said "multiples" philosophy. If this cry baby thinks he knows more about NFL football than ppl who have spent their careers being part of successful organizations, he is delusional.

I'm not saying Flores is the greatest thing since fart in a can, but Minkah has no barometer for comparison at his experience level, and should defer to the coaches at this stage of his career.

I honestly don’t blame him for being frustrated. He’s a natural at FS, which has been a position we’ve had trouble getting good play at, and we’re going out of our way to use him everywhere BUT that position. It just doesn’t make sense, especially with who we’re trying to force into that position now.

Once again it is not your right when drafted to go to a good team..

I agree, but once again, the Dolphins should not feel that Minkah should count his lucky stars to be a part of this team, ESPECIALLY at this date and time.

Proof.of that would be to seriously put Minkah on the trading block...see how long he lasts.

No they shouldn’t but Miami can’t even tank right. We have a talented player on the team and our coaching doesn’t know how to use him, that very concerning to me.

At this point we have two different staffs that have wanted to use Minkah talents in diverse fashion..

I agree he’s not a strong safety, I’m not sure using him at free is the way to go either, I think at this point I would give him the position opposite X or put him in the slot and let him play..

I was a Fan of Flores because of the man he turned himself, I saw discipline and leadership and I thought this franchise needed that, I can only hope at this point because this isn’t gonna be easy navigating through, and we’re seeing how tough it is.

I thought the kid should of been out at slot right where saban had him and call it a day..

I too don’t understand why we don’t have him there.

Out best player X made a name for himself and did it without being born on 3rd base. Just good old fashioned hard work.

Makes me think that there might be more to this than we are seeing..

Fans who are supporting Minkah is fine but that means you aren’t listening to our best player, he doesn’t like this kid for some reason and it may because of what you just said..

At this point we have two different staffs that have wanted to use Minkah talents in diverse fashion..

I agree he’s not a strong safety, I’m not sure using him at free is the way to go either, I think at this point I would give him the position opposite X or put him in the slot and let him play..

I was a Fan of Flores because of the man he turned himself, I saw discipline and leadership and I thought this franchise needed that, I can only hope at this point because this isn’t gonna be easy navigating through, and we’re seeing how tough it is.

I thought the kid should of been out at slot right where saban had him and call it a day..

I too don’t understand why we don’t have him there.
Last season he was moved around out of necessity, do to the injuries and lack of talent of other players. Burke was incompetent, but he really didn't have much choice.

Flores' defensive philosophy is one of a somewhat position-less defense, therefore the normal "put him in the slot, and leave him there" suggestion is probably not realistic, short of changing philosophy.

My thinking is he is young and facing sports losing likely for the first time.
I would help him thru this, teach how to handle this type of pressure, grow as a person in life and a team leader.
We may or may not have a player who can do this and it should perhaps fall on Flores regardless.

Nope. NFL opportunity and money should NOT be taken for granted

Be a football player. Not a delicate little Snowflake.

Buckle your chin strap. Make plays. Stay humble. Get paid. Repeat.

Back
Top Bottom