Give Minkah a break | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

So you're just going to ignore every reality about Minkah Fitzpatrick so you can shoehorn in an exaggerated narrative about this team that no one needs, got it.

Have you checked the forum lately? There are a million of these fantasy threads that exclude all facts and paint a doomsday picture of this franchise. All you.

Not at all, but it is far more absurd to suggest that this tank has nothing to do with this trade request. Minkah is a player and would like to earn some money. Being on a team that is going to misuse him while attempting to lose all their games isn’t going to help him make that money. He is making a business decision. It’s that simple. You want the tank, then you should be happy with this. It helps assure your number 1 pick. Wish Minkah the best and laugh all the way to the number 1 pick. Why the vitriol?

Listen, suppose you were hired by a company to do a job and make the company successful. They want you to work a bit out of your best skill set, but you are new and are willing, if not happy about it. One year later, the company announces they are going bankrupt to re-organize and you are going further out of your skill set and will have to work harder to compensate for all the other talented employees they have already laid off. How do you feel then? Do you think you might want to get ahead of the situation and get to a better company? Of course you do. Now, imagine you are only 22 years old when this is happening. You still think you handle this perfectly? Please.

Not at all, but it is far more absurd to suggest that this tank has nothing to do with this trade request. Minkah is a player and would like to earn some money. Being on a team that is going to misuse him while attempting to lose all their games isn’t going to help him make that money. He is making a business decision. It’s that simple. You want the tank, then you should be happy with this. It helps assure your number 1 pick. Wish Minkah the best and laugh all the way to the number 1 pick. Why the vitriol?

Listen, suppose you were hired by a company to do a job and make the company successful. They want you to work a bit out of your best skill set, but you are new and are willing, if not happy about it. One year later, the company announces they are going bankrupt to re-organize and you are going further out of your skill set and will have to work harder to compensate for all the other talented employees they have already laid off. How do you feel then? Do you think you might want to get ahead of the situation and get to a better company? Of course you do. Now, imagine you are only 22 years old when this is happening. You still think you handle this perfectly? Please.
Except he actually billed himself as being that "versatile" player, who had multiple skill sets. Now it seems he wants no part of that. Did he think he was just going to come into the league, show up, and be successful? Maybe he should put in the work to become that player, rather than act like he knows what is best for the team. Say, for the sake of argument, the coaches are playing him in the role they see as best for the team, and he simply disagrees with that assessment. Real world here. The boss may be wrong, but he is still the boss.

Can you imagine a franchise of old deliberately eliminating all of their talent with the express purpose of losing every game? My guess is all the players of old would simply walk off the team.
You could hold a team together then, there was no such thing as free agency. You rode the ups and downs with the franchise. Pay me millions of dollars a year and I could learn to tolerate a lot of sh*t!
1568475061096.png

Not seeing a bad guy here. Just a player and a team coming from two different perspectives.

Miami is sitting in the wreckage of a teardown, more to come and will take several years to rebuild.

To go from winning a championship at Alabama to Burke's defense last year which gave up the second most points all-time (433) only behind the 1-15, 2007 team (437), to a team that gutted itself and is playing him in positions he is not comfortable in this year.

That's one hell of a roller coaster ride.

Not seeing a bad guy here. Just a player and a team coming from two different perspectives.

Miami is sitting in the wreckage of a teardown, more to come and will take several years to rebuild.

To go from winning a championship at Alabama to Burke's defense last year which gave up the second most points all-time (433) only behind the 1-15, 2007 team (437), to a team that gutted itself and is playing him in positions he is not comfortable in this year.

That's one hell of a roller coaster ride.
Then simply put he's not the leader he claims to be.

Man up.

Minkah has always won...at the high school and college level.

His first year under Gase, he's introduced to losing.

His second year he's under Flores and not only is he introduced to losing, but add deliberate negligence and it's disheartening to a success story.

We hold the cards, but until I got a trade I would hold my hamstring.

Minkah has always won...at the high school and college level.

His first year under Gase, he's introduced to losing.

His second year he's under Flores and not only is he introduced to losing, but add deliberate negligence and it's disheartening to a success story.

We hold the cards, but until I got a trade I would hold my hamstring.
Is that really the mentality of a champion? I'm glad you don't work for me.

You are completely correct. I never played football and I also agree with your sentiments about playing for the team.however, I still think that this could be a maturation issue and if handled well could make him a great player for us.
1568476145984.png

Been saying since last draft we should've taken Derwin James. Even with that Minkah is a good football player.

Minkah had a fantastic rookie year at nickel. If Flo was the defensive guru he thinks he is he should just leave him there and watch him shine.

He's not a FS, he's not a boundary corner. He's a elite nickelback.
I'd say Flores has every right to move guys around. none if us are in a position to say otherwise. Let's see how we adjust to this after a few weeks.

Minkah is too soft at a mental level. The nerve this dude has too use his parents and the media to force a trade. Not only is is it soft, but also unprofessional. Reshad Jones doesn't want to be here but he isn't crying. Minkah does not understand that the he walked into an already great team at bama. In the NFL sometimes you don't get to win right away. He has no pull to be pulling this.

minka quote.png

It's not about talent, or passion. It's about money.

I'm not sure any fan living in New Jersey hearing the things Minkah's Hometown Fans, High School and people are saying; Would want to give the guy a break. Apparently there's a lot of talk locally about how he truly feels.

Can you imagine a franchise of old deliberately eliminating all of their talent with the express purpose of losing every game? My guess is all the players of old would simply walk off the team.

Can you imagine the same patch job for the last 10-15 years. Brining in a high priced FA being touted as the "missing piece" only to go 8-8, miss the playoffs again, too middle of the pack to draft a real difference maker and then repeating the same nightmare dream the next year?

A kid who played for Nick Saban’s Alabama dynasty is soft at the mental level? Do some of you homers hear yourselves? LMAO

I see a kid that missed alot of tackles last year and has continued throughout this year.
I see a kid that basically has told his teammates after one game, faced with adversity, I quit and want to go play for another team.

Then again when things got tough, God Saban lied, tucked tail, and ran from the Dolphins and NFL to a much easier situation to build a "winner."

I guess none of us should be surprised that Minkah wants to run away...He's Dad did it!

Now try and defend that...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom