GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

Peterson lost the locker room in Philly. I wouldn't want him.
Dude, every coach loses the locker room at some point. That’s today’s NFL. If we went by your standard then no one would hire any bonafide head coach. The guy won a SB with a backup QB. Sign me up for some of that!!!

I really don’t want anything to do with Jim Harbaugh since he’s kinda responsible for ending the career of hall of fame coach Don Shula.

The guy is a real offensive genius. He puts his players in position to have success. His play calling is as good as there is. We need a good, solid GM, and together let these guys build a winner. Bring in Marino and let him and Moore make the next choice at QB. Hire a strong, veteran DC, who isn't interested in a HC position, and he can have input on the defensive draft choices.
I would love to see Kellen Moore as HC but would also require someone like Wade Phillips as DC/mentor. Phillips has good HC experience to give advice and is still a very good DC. They also both have Dallas coaching experience.

Who are some realistic candidates for a replacement GM to take over either now or in the offseason? And why would you pick them?

For me: Ozzie Newsome (great track record, but very unlikely because he is retired) or maybe Pioli (former Pats/Chiefs GM) or if we take a risk Peyton Manning (virgin but great football mind)

Marino

Newsome would be even better but doubt he wants to unretire.

Peyton has his TV thing, doubt he's leaving that mid-season.

Pioli isn't that great as a GM, there's a reason hes been fired twice.

I could see McKenzie or Allen getting the spot.

Mike Borgonzi or Joe Hortiz are interesting prospects.

Marino

Newsome would be even better but doubt he wants to unretire.

Peyton has his TV thing, doubt he's leaving that mid-season.

Pioli isn't that great as a GM, there's a reason hes been fired twice.
I don't think Marino wants to invest the time and work schedule required. Peyton would be better if we go the no experienced player route. Offer him or Newsome a % of ownership.

To the people whining about rolling the dice on a rookie HC, this is essentially what you're saying. "Can we please get an established coach who is currently out of a job or about to be out of a job because they suck." This fanbase is retarded.

Ross go get Jim Harbaugh again, il take any coach with an NFL: 44–19–1 (.695) record. Or just anyone that isnt grier and flores.

At least Marino would bring passion to the position. Others would see it as a job, but Danny would take it personally.
I have absolutely no idea if he is qualified or not. His contacts around the league would be great though.

this will get lost in all the hogwash, but I'd say i want Lincoln Riley. I wanted him as HC for ECU when he was just a coordinator there, I'd take him as the fins HC. Yes i know everyone wants a proven NFL HC with a proven track record, but how many good ones will actually show up available.

Everybody mocked the Cards when they got Klingsbury who hadnt even been great as a college HC, but they wanted to bring in the exciting offense. they paired him with a stud QB who fit the offense to a T. Why not bring in Riley and the air raid. The air raid fits Tua's strengths and would probably be the offense you would see him most succeed with and take the jump to next level. I dont even think we have a friggin scheme currently, just run random plays.

Back
Top Bottom