GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

My only concern with Peyton is his judgment regarding Gase. I believe he was instrumental in securing two NFL coaching jobs (Dolphins and Jets) for Gase, and as we saw. Gase wasn't the answer for either franchise.
We need to forget about former great HOF players that have never been in this role before. Dan may be part the of the front office but he already passed on being a candidate for the role years ago. Peyton is a TV guy now. These are the names we're talking about?

We need to forget about former great HOF players that have never been in this role before. Dan may be part the of the front office but he already passed on being a candidate for the role years ago. Peyton is a TV guy now. These are the names we're talking about?

For now, because a lot of us don't know who the up and comers are. Who do you have in mind?

Feel like a lot of us have short memories. This is not an attractive job. We don’t even have the draft capital anymore to make it at least somewhat enticing.

The reason we went with Grier and Flores is because we couldn’t get any home run candidates. That’s why we went with two guys who had 0 experience as a GM and head coach respectively (hell it’s even debatable whether Flores was truly a coordinator).

Be prepared for more bottom feeder type candidates. We just gotta hope we find a diamond in the rough.

Dude, every coach loses the locker room at some point. That’s today’s NFL. If we went by your standard then no one would hire any bonafide head coach. The guy won a SB with a backup QB. Sign me up for some of that!!!
It had a lot more to do with their oc frank reich then peterson. Overrated coach imo.

For now, because a lot of us don't know who the up and comers are. Who do you have in mind?
I have no clue. I just know you can scratch Marino and Manning off the list. I know I don't want anyone from the Patriots tree. That team was allowed to operate mostly because of the greatness of Brady. That's pretty obvious now. And by the way, I was wrong before when I said former great players don't make good GMs. Ozzie Newsom obviously was a great GM.

Feel like a lot of us have short memories. This is not an attractive job. We don’t even have the draft capital anymore to make it at least somewhat enticing.

The reason we went with Grier and Flores is because we couldn’t get any home run candidates. That’s why we went with two guys who had 0 experience as a GM and head coach respectively (hell it’s even debatable whether Flores was truly a coordinator).

Be prepared for more bottom feeder type candidates. We just gotta hope we find a diamond in the rough.
I disagree. We do have draft capitol with three 1st rounders in the next two years. Despite the horrible start, there are some good young players. Dolphins also have a ton of cap space next offseason. There should be a lot more good players, though. 2019 1st round (along with failed free agency) is dragging this team down.

There are several ideas. Two I like are head coaches that have had alot say in player personnel. I would give them a czar type of role: Mike Tomlin and Sean Payton. Would a promotion allow them to be "poached" from other teams?

I disagree. We do have draft capitol with three 1st rounders in the next two years. Despite the horrible start, there are some good young players. Dolphins also have a ton of cap space next offseason. There should be a lot more good players, though. 2019 1st round (along with failed free agency) is dragging this team down.
I think it likely depends on how San Fran looks. If that first rounder next year is a middle tier pick and SF looks poised to be back on track the following year, having one extra 1st isn’t gonna be enough to polish this turd.

There are several ideas. Two I like are head coaches that have had alot say in player personnel. I would give them a czar type of role: Mike Tomlin and Sean Payton. Would a promotion allow them to be "poached" from other teams?
I don't think there's a precedent for a generational, iconic coach to leave a functional team to go pick up the pieces at a complete circus... So I don't think either are likely or realistic.

I know what you're saying though. This franchise needs a face. And a saviour. I just have no idea who that man is. And clearly neither does Steve Ross.

Back
Top Bottom