GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

I don't know but we need to swing for the fences. We arnt going anywhere with the staff we have

It seems like a defensive HC with a good OC and QB is the winning formula, but the problem is success always leads to the OC getting hired by another team at some point. Then the HC fumbles the hiring of a new guy. New England was such a rare exception, but even that's the benefit of having Belichick and Brady together for years. The OC just comes to their system.

In today's NFL, you need an offense who can put up points. The defense just needs to hold teams to FG's and get turnovers. That's why I lean on a more offensive HC than a defensive one.

They tried that with Philbin and Gase and they both failed. Selecting a quality HC appears to be more about luck than it does about knowing who the best guy for the job really is.
The problem is both Gase and Philbin were frauds! They were never offensive geniuses. Philbin didn’t even call the plays in Green Bay and Gase rode Peyton Manning’s coattails for one year in Denver. The Dolphins need to find their own Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVey, or Kliff Klingsbury.

This has been my biggest fear as I have been pointing out the front office debacles. For now, I think Grier needs to go and a new GM will need to evaluate Flores. I like Flores and I see the players playing hard for him (next week might be different). I just don't know the politics inside of the fins. I do know that player personnel has been miserable which Grier needs to be held accountable. His total body of work to include director of college scouting needs to be evaluating which in my book, receives a big fat "F". I am not familiar enough with potential GM's around the league but I would be looking at teams who have gotten their drafts rights (Buffalo's director of scouting) and go from there.

Bill Snyder. He’s like 83, but his college teams committed no penalties and they never beat themselves. And they won a lot with questionable talent. Plus he’s got a stadium and a highway named after him in Kansas. And he’s the right age for Florida. Give him a call on his jitterbug phone.

For HC, you go get someone who can try to salvage Tua. Doug Pederson maybe? I have no idea about GM. So depressing we are back talking about this again.
This guy got hung out to dry. He's a good coach. Id take him Right Now. I'd have him in the building Tomorrow.

...will it really matter?

Don't think I'm into another round of "rebuild" - "restructure" and ultimately "refock" the fan base.

My anus is just a bit too sore after all these Ross years.

:bobdole:
The lube is drying as we speak. If we make a move now, there might be a little left to help suffer the new regime's growing pains.

The reason you wait: Tua.

No reason to throw in the towel and fire Flores.

If Tua is the reason, you absolutely fire Flores. If anything, he is a detriment to Tua's development bc he knows absolutely nothing about offense.

The only thing Flo goes thru more than OCs is DBs. If it's about Tua, you need to ID the next up and coming offensive/QB guru and pair him with Tua for the next decade.

GM Go get Scott Pioli or Louis Riddick. I am numb and Grier has got to go.
Head Coach (Veteran Offensive Mind) But, I got nothing.

It is getting to a time for accountability and it on Coach Flores period 3 *ucking games straight unprepared and uninspired no lack of urgency. What are you going to do about this pathetic offense? Coach Flores you need to take a hard look at it this week and change it or us fans are going to be lighting the fires for your burning at the stake. ITS TIME TO STARTING COACHING and your not!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom