GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

To answer the OP’s question, I’d look at Kellen Moore for HC.
I totally agree with Kellen Moore. I heard an analyst talking about him last Monday night when Dallas hosted Philly. He said Mike McCarthy who is the head coach in Dallas and is known as an offensive coach came in and learned Kellen Moore’s offense. He didn’t change the scheme to what he likes to run he actually learned Moore’s scheme bc he liked it so much. The Dallas offense is Kellen Moore’s design and they can put the points on the board.

I’d also add Ryan Day from Ohio St. He’s going to be in the NFL as a head coach sooner than later and he’s universally known as a QB whisperer. He’s a big time offensive coach and he’s still young but has now gained valuable experience being the head coach at 1 of the top 3/4 schools in the country as far as being in the pressure cooker.

I want an offensive minded head coach that has previous head coaching experience not as just a coordinator. Offense is the way to go nowadays. We need a guy that can draft develop and coach a QB to be elite.

Stay away from Daboll and Bienemy. They are fools gold. Look at the QBs they each have and look at the skill talent around those QBs. They are complete and utter fools gold.

This has been my biggest fear as I have been pointing out the front office debacles. For now, I think Grier needs to go and a new GM will need to evaluate Flores. I like Flores and I see the players playing hard for him (next week might be different). I just don't know the politics inside of the fins. I do know that player personnel has been miserable which Grier needs to be held accountable. His total body of work to include director of college scouting needs to be evaluating which in my book, receives a big fat "F". I am not familiar enough with potential GM's around the league but I would be looking at teams who have gotten their drafts rights (Buffalo's director of scouting) and go from there.
Just the fact that if you polled Finheaven posters as a whole on who to draft, we would do much better than Grier...every year.

I totally agree with Kellen Moore. I heard an analyst talking about him last Monday night when Dallas hosted Philly. He said Mike McCarthy who is the head coach in Dallas and is known as an offensive coach came in and learned Kellen Moore’s offense. He didn’t change the scheme to what he likes to run he actually learned Moore’s scheme bc he liked it so much. The Dallas offense is Kellen Moore’s design and they can put the points on the board.

I’d also add Ryan Day from Ohio St. He’s going to be in the NFL as a head coach sooner than later and he’s universally known as a QB whisperer. He’s a big time offensive coach and he’s still young but has now gained valuable experience being the head coach at 1 of the top 3/4 schools in the country as far as being in the pressure cooker.

I want an offensive minded head coach that has previous head coaching experience not as just a coordinator. Offense is the way to go nowadays. We need a guy that can draft develop and coach a QB to be elite.

Stay away from Daboll and Bienemy. They are fools gold. Look at the QBs they each have and look at the skill talent around those QBs. They are complete and utter fools gold.
He did great for Haskins. What happened?

Just the fact that if you polled Finheaven posters as a whole on who to draft, we would do much better than Grier...every year.

People laugh at suggestions like this, but I earnestly believe that someone with no football experience would be a better choice to run the Miami Dolphins at this time than Chris Grier. You simply need someone who is conscientious and who can identify when applied solutions to persistent problems are not working.

Also, someone hired with no football experience would presumably be on a short leash, wouldn't have a giant network of boys running interference for them, and would probably be cognizant of the fact that they have a lot to learn about the job.

Well said.

While we're on this subject, I just want to say that I strongly appreciate the point Austin Tatious has been making recently about Grier's unkempt appearance. I didn't think much of it until I saw images of him from a recent zoom conference. He was leaning over at a 45 degree angle, almost completely out of the frame, while on a conference call. At first I thought this was just a still frame of him reaching into his desk for something, but no, the guy was doing a conference call like he was in his Barco Lounger. Kind of incredible.

AT is right, this is a cause for concern. The team's GM is basically George Costanza. He has successfully lucked his way into navigating the corporate structure and made it to the top. How the hell did he make it to the top? He probably can't even believe it himself. He's going to love cashing those checks after he gets canned. He won't even have to change from pajamas into sweatpants on weekdays anymore.

I would not be against Nick Saban, He did coach Tua, He left Miami because of management
What did I just read?

e32.jpg

Looking at the draft day thread from 2020. NO ONE advocated Herbert over Tua on the day of. For pick 18, some suggestions were: Chaisson, Jones, Murray, McKinney. No one expected Jackson. Most were not happy with the pick. At the time, his age and upside were cited as the major positives. Nobody liked the pick for Noah at 30. We wanted Winfield, Mckinney, Delpit or Swift.

Back
Top Bottom