Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft?

who's it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gil Brandt is 87 years old (he's the same age as Larry King, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the late James Brown). He left the Cowboys 31 years ago when Jerry Jones bought the team and took over. In 2014 he rated Johnny Manziel the #1 player in the Draft saying that he was high character (lol). In 2007 Gil rated JaMarcus Russell the #1 player in the Draft.
Old Gil is lovable and everybody makes mistakes but sometimes he just gets it wrong (sometimes he's right too). My point in raising Manziel and Russell, who are among the biggest QB Draft busts of all time, is just to caution you re believing everything Gil says.

BTW - I'm hoping for Tua but think there's a decent chance that Herbert is the pick.
It's amazing isn't it? The track record for forecasting and rating the players in no way affects how much some of these talking heads are referenced. As long as a guy has some kind of blurb they can put under his name (i.e. worked as scout for 30 years, 200 years ago) that gives him "credibility" they will keep trucking him out there. I remember Mel Kiper ranting about the greatness of Mike Williams, chastising any team that passed on him in the draft. His #1 player. Detroit stopped the bleeding at I think number 9 or 10. How'd that work out?

Although I think they will pick Herbert at 5, I can't help thinking that Simmons is exactly the type of player Flores would love. He has to be a possibility at 5.
I do not believe - as good as Simmons is - that there is a scenario where they miss out on a QB with that top pick. It just looks and feels like every trade they made last year (Minkah, Leremy) was to put themselves in position to get their QB. If you don't do that this year, it becomes harder to do next year when they figure to have a much better team and do not pick high in the draft. Yes, you can find QBs everywhere in the draft but when you're in a position to get almost whoever you want, I think you have to take it.

I don't go Tua because we'll be the '18 and '19 Panthers QB health wise. Though I love the kid's promise. I think we shock the world and move up for Burrow by giving up #26 and Howard.
I would be shocked if we give up Howard for any reason. Flores needs quality DBs in his defense too much to allow Grier to consider it.

I got jumped by the chargers for Tua so traded down with Jax for both their early picks for my late pick and a 2nd rounder. Can’t imagine Jeudy there at #20 but was all over that. Picks 13 and 14 probably won’t happen as we won’t draft that many players IMO but for what it’s worth I selected Carlos Davis DT from Nebraska and Jordan Fuller S from Ohio state.

Attachments

• 47180118-F10C-43E9-8522-69B8BBE6BDC0.png
    47180118-F10C-43E9-8522-69B8BBE6BDC0.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 22
Hoping for Tua, but think we end up with Herbert. I’m happy with either.

The way I'm feeling, I don't really care one way or the other who they draft, as long as we start winning games. Tired of mediocrity.

My head says we will either trade up for Tua or Burrow because that's the rational thing to do. We didn't get rid of good players just to draft other good players with those picks. We acquired those picks as draft ammo in order get the players we're targeting (meaning trade ups)

My heart says we'll probably end up taking Jordan Love because this team rarely ever does the rational thing, and also there is an agenda at play. I don't trust Stephen Ross.

I dont know how many of these QBs are safe bets to be better than Rosen. If it's 50/50 then it's a waste of a pick.

Truth and the bottom line is Nobody has a clue.

Our FO is pretty tight lipped and the signs from everywhere else are all over the place.
I don't think there is a scenario that hasn't been mentioned a million times.

There are also going to be some Damn good ones (QB's) coming out next year ( Lawrence & Fields to name a couple) in which we should be in a great spot to take advantage of, especially looking at the Texans disintegration and us owning their first round 2021 pick to use with whatever we end up with.
So the plot thickens even more. How crucial does Flores and Co. feel the QB now is essential ? Or do they feel adding exceptional quality young studs to build all around the team a better approach, while waiting to fill the QB position ? and even how do they feel about Rosen ?
We just haven't a clue..

You hit the nail on the head when you said " How crucial does Flores and Co. feel the QB now is essential ? ".

That will be the major decision driving when, or if, we draft a QB. That, coupled with some of the QB's still in free agency or even UDFA's they may be interested in, keep us from being as desperate for a QB as many of our posters feel we are.

I suspect the Dolphins draft is going to be the real centerpiece of this years draft, due to our having so many picks. If nothing else, that number of picks will have the talking heads mentioning us more then any other team!

I think we will draft a QB, but who and when is a mystery to me. In a way this is a good thing because with all the picks we have it means more teams will be talking to us about trading up then we will be talking to others about trading up.

My choice isn't there - either Okudah or Simmons or trade down a couple spots for more premier picks.

Burrow won't be there and Tua is too risky. The rest will be overdrafted because QB.

Trade down, get the picks, get the players, play ball.

All the safe picks because Grier is a bitch nothing risky...just like last year when we picked Christian W my guess would be Justin Herbert Then trade up for a tackle in Andrew Thomas then JK Dobbins I’d bet money that’s the goal and I’m good with the second two choices just not the first one.

Last edited:
Locking it in.... Unfortunately I think its going to be Justin Herbert. I don't think the front office will trade any of the first rounders to secure the selection of Tuaamann.

Back
Top Bottom