Go On The Record. Predict Our Record. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go On The Record. Predict Our Record.

What will our regular season record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you will be happily surprised after we beat the Patriots twice. I see it coming as a logical result of :
1) The last game we played against them last year where we won big time.
2) The degree of improvement we have made on both sides of the ball this year due to 3 years of better than average drafting.
*** I expect the Patriots will remain where they were at, or possibly be a little worse due to free agency and suspensions.
3) The improvement we have made in our coaching staff this year.
*** I expect the Patriots to lose a little more due to losing one coordinator and having had trouble retaining the other last year.
4) The change in the Dolphins culture after last year seems to be showing in a higher level of professionalism in training camp.

These are real considerations we need to account for looking forward to playing the Patriots.

I expect the Patriots to get a lot of bullshit pass interference calls and go 12-4 again.

I think Miami is between a 7-9 to a 9-7 team. A lot of variables ultimately will decide how many wins. I'm not sure the defense is going to hold up their end of the bargain. I still got visions of the losing streak last season where Miami gave up more than 2000 yards of offense to opponents.

You got me there.

I'm kind of serious, though. That was my takeaway from the Hall of Fame game. More discretionary calls any time a defender is anywhere near a football in the air. I'm not real happy about it.

Two rookie qbs in the afc east? Phins and Pats will reap the benefits. Pats win the division but we go 11-5, claim the 5 seed and play the Steelers once again in the wild card round.

9-7

It's a bounce league. Records among Crowd rosters from the prior year don't really mean that much, other than indication of whether the variables were cuumulatively friendly or unfriendly. Dolphins had an unfair 10 wins in 2016 so the arrow was logically downward in 2017. In that case the subway stop is often further away than logic suggests. So we found 6, the suburban edge of Crowd. Now the bounce direction is typically the other way so I'll propose 9.

Not much thought involved, which is what I prefer. I don't care about dizzying stuff like personnel or rules changes and how they might or might not impact this guy and not that guy. Dolphin brass and coaching staff in this era is likewise Crowd so I'm not assigning Cream anywhere. Maybe Griese and Nat and Stockton. I love that trio for preseason.

Never a need to actually take August seriously.

On edit: really? I have to misspell a tame word intentionally in the opening paragraph to bypass the checker?

I went with 9-7. I believe a lot of younger players will emerge and that Miami will be in the playoff race. The offense finally looks like it could be good, but the run defense keeps the Dolphins out of the postseason. Defensive lineman become the priority in the offseason.

11-5, just because! I don't think we'll sweep the Patriots, Bills or Jets (I think we'll split), but I do see us surprising a few teams along the way. Plus, I'm just a ****eyed optimist.

I would put money on 9-7 but I'm hoping for 10-6 although 8-8 wouldn't surprise me... anything below that would be a kick to the groin

Anywhere between 10-6 if we’re lucky and 6-10 if we’re not. We’re due for some luck: 9-7.

I said 10-6 but I don't really know. Just want to be excited about the season and 9-7 doesn't do the trick....lol

Assuming folks stay healthy over the next month and the offense shows good promise in preseason Miami could surprise. 8-8 at worst is my guess. Best case? 10-6.

10-6

Wins: Tennessee, Oakland, Patriots, Bears, Bengals, Jets, Billsx2, Jaguars, Texans

Losses: Jets, Patriots, Packers, Vikings, Colts, Lions

Wins: Jetsx2, Billsx2, Patriots, Bears, Colts, Tennesse, Oakland

Losses: Patriots, Packers, Vikings, Jaguars, Lions, Bengals, Texans

we could beat the Lions and/or Bunguls and win 11

Back
Top Bottom