Godchaux "resigned" that NFL future likely isn't with Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Godchaux "resigned" that NFL future likely isn't with Miami

Should we resign Godchaux

• Total voters
Some teams will always overpay because they have extra money or serious gaps on their roster.

Let those teams overpay and continually put themselves in terrible cap/roster positions. We saw the Dolphins front office do that for years and get nowhere, to the point it had to be blown up and rebuilt from the foundation.

well, that's good news for the comp pick front.

He and Fitzpatrick are probably our only hope for a comp pick.

I still wouldn't be shocked if he signed a cheap one year deal with Miami or another team and tried for a bigger deal in the 2022 market.

well, that's good news for the comp pick front.

He and Fitzpatrick are probably our only hope for a comp pick.
I'm sure whoever Miami signs this summer will offset the value of losing a Fitzpatrick or Godcheaux. I can't see Miami geting a comp pick in 2022.

Looking at the list of the top 100 free agents in 2021, Godchaux isn’t even on the list.So coming off a season ending injury I think he is going to find it difficult to sign for the type of money he seems to want.
I certainly don’t begrudge him for trying to get as much money as he can but to me he was just an average defensive lineman who doesn’t apply consistent pressure in the passing game and he is merely decent against the run.

I see him as a rotational player on the DL who is probably worth $3 to 4 million a year at most. Anything more than that is just of waste of cap space, IMO. I wish him the best where ever he plays next season.

Once Godchaux signs with another team the only player which will be left on the roster from the 2017 draft will be Ford. Since the Dolphins already traded Ford once, I doubt he will end up making the final 53 next year.

The 2017 draft was awful for the Dolphins and unfortunately the Dolphins had too many bad drafts like 2017 prior to the latest rebuild. Hopefully we will look back in 4 years and rave about how great the 2020 turned out.

Last edited:
Wish him the best but I wouldn't do anything more than a 1 year deal that is incentive loaded.

Also wouldn't pay Karras close to what he's reportedly seeking. Don't care if that means we have to draft a center at 50.

I like both guys but they're average starters at best.

If this dude gets north of 6 million then I need should have gotten fat in my teens/early 20's instead of later on in life. Would have given myself a better shot at making it. Also needed 6 inches in height and significantly more athletic ability but I digress.

He played pretty well in Cleveland last season.
People always want to think Miami has been in a bad stretch because we don't draft well. I wouldn't argue that we do, but when we've generated home grown talent we've done a piss poor job of maintaining it. Vernon and Jarvis Landry are two good examples.

I don't see where Vernon and Godchaux git in. Vernon had a good year before he hit fa and he was also the type of pass rusher who was undervalued because he didn't get the same amount of sacks as a Cam Wake but had more overall hurries and pressure. Until this year Godchaux has been improving but Vernon was a real impact player.

Back
Top Bottom