Good game Fins See ya next time | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good game Fins See ya next time

What has yet to be seen is how Allen responds to a quality pass rush. The guy is clearly progressing...but I'll believe he's ready to take the next step when he starts getting blasted without getting rattled.
He was under pressure alot against Jets. What I am waiting to see it pressure that actually keeps him in the pocket. I do know one area he has to improve greatly on still and Jets showed it again, you guys just didnt follow and that is identifying and beating the CB/DB blitz. he has struggled with that the entire time he has been in the league and is still struggling with it (from week 1 anyway).

Bills are better than NE. By a good margin too.

Wasn’t a ton of issues stopping Cam they scored what? 20 points? Bills dropped 30 and took an entire quarter off.
Bills will get swept by NE. Like they always do.

Good game. I know there are a lot of salty fin fans on here, but I like the improvement I’ve seen so far. I didn’t have high expectations for the first 4 weeks with the roster turnover we’ve had, and the fact that we’re keeping games competitive against 2019 playoff teams has me feeling pretty good.
Josh Allen finally looks like a QB who knows how to use his natural raw talent as a passer. You guys just got a whole lot more dangerous because of that.

Yesterday's game was a strange one. We were really outplayed, but had a lead late and were not done until the last :49 seconds.
Allen was really, really good, but, in fairness, he did miss a couple automatic throws, and until he stops doing that, it will be a talking point.
That said, he also made some great throws, and his receivers also made him look good a couple of times too- Gabriel's TD comes to mind.
But let's not deny Allen had a very good day. He also had no pass rush to deal with, he had a lot of time to throw and that can't be allowed for any pro QB.
The Dolphins D is not good, pass rush is non existent and secondary needs help.
Fitzpatrick carried the team, Gesicki balled out, and Parker was good. And Myles Gaskin was nice. We need more help at RB. Oline is improving.
I am very, very excited to see the Bills and Patriots play, whenever that is. I really hope the Bills can dethrone the Patriots, but we shall see. Anything can happen in any game, as we saw yesterday. Fin fans expected us to get trounced, and while we got outplayed and looked like crap, and Allen put up big numbers, I don't think we got trounced. At all. It was a tight game most of the way through.
We do have a lot of work to do though.

@BillsFanInPeace,

I'm curious do you have subscription for all of the AFC East fan discussion boards?
If so, Who are the best and worst of the bunch?

@BillsFanInPeace,

I'm curious do you have subscription for all of the AFC East fan discussion boards?
If so, Who are the best and worst of the bunch?

Yep.

Hate the Jets board it is a cesspool.

Dont mind the NE board that much once you get around their flat our arrogance, so far this year with Brady being gone it seems more tolerable.

I enjoy coming to your board, alot of knowledgeable fans, i always lurk week to week, but try to not post as much during the season because I dont want to seem like I am rubbing salt into something. But there is knowledge here I like sucking up.

Dear me, you Bills fans are so sensitive about Allen.
Iffy QBing always makes fans sensitive. I'll grant that Allen has improved but if he doesn't keep improving, there will come a day for the Bills, as it did for the Jets with Sanchez or the 49ers with Kapernick, when the supporting cast will not be as good as it once was, and then all the mistakes that seem like a little thing now will stand out much more and cost the team games. And then the fans that now praise will boo and there will be much sorrow and gnashing of the teeth.

For now, the shortcomings will only seem glaring against the best teams and in the playoffs, but excuses will be made. For now.

Yep.

Dont mind the NE board that much once you get around their flat our arrogance, so far this year with Brady being gone it seems more tolerable.

I enjoy coming to your board, alot of knowledgeable fans, i always lurk week to week, but try to not post as much during the season because I dont want to seem like I am rubbing salt into something. But there is knowledge here I like sucking up.
Congrats on the win brother.

Iffy QBing always makes fans sensitive. I'll grant that Allen has improved but if he doesn't keep improving, there will come a day for the Bills, as it did for the Jets with Sanchez or the 49ers with Kapernick, when the supporting cast will not be as good as it once was, and then all the mistakes that seem like a little thing now will stand out much more and cost the team games. And then the fans that now praise will boo and there will be much sorrow and gnashing of the teeth.

For now, the shortcomings will only seem glaring against the best teams and in the playoffs, but excuses will be made. For now.

From a Raiders reporter...

Can only play your schedule. Playoffs 2 times in 3 years WHILE rebuilding.

You beat one team with a winning record last year, and that was the titans with Mariota at the helm. It would’ve been none if they didn’t make the move to tannehill after the fact. Yes, you only play your schedule, and you took care of business where you should’ve. I’ll grant that.

But these 2 weeks of 2020 have been a defensive cake walk and you know it. it is okay to look towards improvement. I’m still not anointing josh yet.

Bills could've had Thaddeus Lewis or EJ Manuel in the game.

With all the time Allen had to throw, they too would've carved us up.

You beat one team with a winning record last year, and that was the titans with Mariota at the helm. It would’ve been none if they didn’t make the move to tannehill after the fact. Yes, you only play your schedule, and you took care of business where you should’ve. I’ll grant that.

But these 2 weeks of 2020 have been a defensive cake walk and you know it. it is okay to look towards improvement. I’m still not anointing josh yet.
I am not anointing Josh either. What I am saying is from Rookie year to year 2 there was improvement, and now Year 2 to year 3 there is More improvement. He still has issues he needs to work, but the game does seem to be slowing down for him he is no longer Frantic in the Pocket and it is showing with his presnap and post snap reads, and ball placement when he does let it fly.

Yep.

Cool and congrats on the win. Best of luck this season...We're about 1 maybe 2 years away from really being able to compete with your team.

Back
Top Bottom