Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?)

I agree and was rooting for Rosen wanted to see what he had. I don’t believe he ever showed enough to be given up on. Even in the game he struggled its things I’d expect for a 2nd year qb in a new system and certainly wasn’t awful. If Tua or Burrows isn’t there at our pick then I believe Rosen is a better prospect then any other remaining qb in next years class. Stack the d and the offensive line.

As much I love Burrow/like Tua it’s very possible neither player comes close to having the impact Chase Young does.

I’m hoping we end up top 3 at least.

What else is he suppose to say to those players...That dumb **** in Cincy may be ok losing all these games just to get another QB to ruin, but Flores is not about that life. That dude told his player, you don't matter, the guy we draft does. Good luck earning that respect back, Taylor will be looking for a job in 2 years.

I'll say it here, if Flores is the guy he seems like, the QB we draft will have a longer better career then whoever Zac "don't worry I'll **** up your career" Taylor works with.

Last edited:
We have enough draft capital to move up in the draft.
We do. Some of us are not convinced that's the best thing to do though. That doesn't make either of us stupid. It just means opinions vary.

Honestly, I think some are just having trouble accepting that in their veiw, they were promised a big shiney present for Chistmas, and they want that present no matter the cost, and damn the ramifications and consequences.

Nobody denies that the QB position is the driving force of the team, but our cupboard is bare. We can either restock the whole cupboard, or we can have a couple great meals.

Either choice has benifits, amd drawbacks.

Fortunately, we have multiple extra picks, not only this year, but in 2021 as well, and ample cap space to sign FAs to fill some holes. We are not locked in to only one course of action.

As much I love Burrow/like Tua it’s very possible neither player comes close to having the impact Chase Young does.

It's also very possible that Young has the same impact that Mario Williams had. Chase Yung supporters were getting as bad as Tua supporters. Neither has played a down in the NFL...it's all a projection.

I think that top 3 ship has sailed TBH. I'm thinking 5 or 6 is more likely.

Yes I’m down with Burrows/Tua/Young if all three are gone trade back as much as possible pick up another 1st or two for next year in the event that Rosen doesn’t pan out with his newly stacked team. Use the rest of your picks to draft BPA.

I think that top 3 ship has sailed TBH. I'm thinking 5 or 6 is more likely.

Ehh most of the teams in front of us play each other or us. Bengals most likely have 1st puck wrapped up. Giants play us and Redskins, could elimate them if they win both. Redskins play jets this week so win win for us. We have a good SOS advantage over Redskins so any ties for overall record mean we get the pick. Falcons have tough schedule but they have Matt Ryan and Julio plus they’ve lost a ton of close games they aren’t as bad as their record. Arizona and Detroit have ties which means we’d have to finish a full game ahead for wins which don’t see us doing. Jets play us,redskins and bengals either they win all and completely eliminate themselves from a top pick or they atleast even the field atleast as long as the loss isn’t from us lol

The top 3 ship has sailed cause we sit at 4 and played a scout team lb level vs the jets and a scrub qb like Brian Hoyer?

Really?
Yeah, I'm not worried about winning more then 1 other game...I think the team will play hard and keep it close, but if the Colts don't have a corpse kicking we don't win that game.

If 3-13 isn't good enough for top 3, well ****, just picked the wrong year.

The top 3 ship has sailed cause we sit at 4 and played a scout team lb level vs the jets and a scrub qb like Brian Hoyer?

Really?
Well, I'm looking at a bad Giants team, a disfuntional jests/Gase clown show, and a Cincinnati organization that isn't even pretending that they are trying to win a game.

Hell, there's no gaurantees that Cleveland beats us, at this point.

If we win two more games, I doubt we stay at four. Tampa and AZ may very well end up picking ahead of us as well.

Again....don't be surprised if we do not draft a QB in the first round or at all.

Yeah I support that. 2021 has serious QBs in Fields and Lawrence to name a couple. Plus the Dolphins would have an actual OL and defense to support the guy. The Fins have enough picks to trade up and get a top pick if they need to.

Id love to see this draft be all about edge rush, OL, DL and LB.

I'm POSITIVE that we will draft a QB this year.

However... I'm not convinced that he will be taken in the first round. This draft looks to be stupid deep at QB... Players who would normally go very early are going to slide way down.

Watch... the Patriots will take one too.

Back
Top Bottom