Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?)

He did say he was staying outta the picture, I guess time will tell if he was serious...
I guess that could be taken a couple different ways.

It's one thing, to me at least, in approving a general plan and not micromaraging the details. It's another thing to not have the final say in the biggest decision in a decade, of his, literally, billion dollar NFL franchise.

On the other hand, he hasn't been a meddling owner in the past, so there is that.

That would surprise and shock me
Why? Pretty much everybody said that Rosen is a two-year project. People think he is sitting because the staff doesn't believe in him. He got pulled because the staff figured that Fitzpatrick's experience increases our chances to win a game here and there. The problem with evaluating Rosen is that putting a young QB with a young support cast out there would eliminate the chance for any growth on offense for any player.
One of the biggest factor for a very young team to grow is the taste of success.

I don't know if they pick a QB or not this draft. I am just saying that it would not surprise me if they decide to get all the other components first and give Rosen a fair chance to be evaluated next year before tossing him overboard.

The one thing we should have learned this year is that Grier and Flores pick players and trade players for a reason and with a certain idea. They traded a late 2nd rounder for a reason.

No matter what happens with Rosen and us I do not want to see him ending up in NE.

It’s probably gonna be some combination of 3 QBs, young and thomas top 5

Regardless of who finishes where. Someone will come for the QBs if need be. They always do.
Pretty much...I would be interested to see what teams could offer to move up. I can see someone getting incredible value.

I guess that could be taken a couple different ways.

It's one thing, to me at least, in approving a general plan and not micromaraging the details. It's another thing to not have the final say in the biggest decision in a decade, of his, literally, billion dollar NFL franchise.

On the other hand, he hasn't been a meddling owner in the past, so there is that.
Give him credit, he has a nice toy but hasn't played with it. I hope he keeps letting the football guys run things.

Why? Pretty much everybody said that Rosen is a two-year project. People think he is sitting because the staff doesn't believe in him. He got pulled because the staff figured that Fitzpatrick's experience increases our chances to win a game here and there. The problem with evaluating Rosen is that putting a young QB with a young support cast out there would eliminate the chance for any growth on offense for any player.
One of the biggest factor for a very young team to grow is the taste of success.

I don't know if they pick a QB or not this draft. I am just saying that it would not surprise me if they decide to get all the other components first and give Rosen a fair chance to be evaluated next year before tossing him overboard.

The one thing we should have learned this year is that Grier and Flores pick players and trade players for a reason and with a certain idea. They traded a late 2nd rounder for a reason.

No matter what happens with Rosen and us I do not want to see him ending up in NE.
Even if that ends up being the decision, I doubt that it has been made yet.

The only way I can see them putting all their eggs in one basket like that, is if Rosen gets some playing time late in the year, and does well, not only making the occasional "highlight" throw, but operating within the framework of the design of the offense. He was obviously not able to do that earlier this year.

To be fair, the line was horrible then, and him being indecisive, and a second slow making decisions, put him in a situation where the opposing pass rush was eating him alive.

Agreed.....I think we are all going to be a bit surprised by what their plan actually is.....
I said it all offseason long and into the season: with Flores being HC our drafts cannot be looked at the way we looked at drafts in the past. While QB is important to them the system is and will be above all.

Even if that ends up being the decision, I doubt that it has been made yet.

The only way I can see them putting all their eggs in one basket like that, is if Rosen gets some playing time late in the year, and does well, not only making the occasional "highlight" throw, but operating within the framework of the design of the offense. He was obviously not able to do that earlier this year.

To be fair, the line was horrible then, and him being indecisive, and a second slow making decisions, put him in a situation where the opposing pass rush was eating him alive.
I don't know if they made a decision one way or another. But even without playing time this year they see more than we do through practice etc.

My expectation is that both of them come to camp next year with the expectation that Rosen wins the job out of camp. If he doesn't, they will close the book on him and make a backup out of him. If Rosen looks good enough, they may release Fitzpatrick. Though they may stick him in the drafted QBs ear for a year. 5.5 million isn't an unrealistic price for a backup.

My expectation is that both of them come to camp next year with the expectation that Rosen wins the job out of camp. If he doesn't, they will close the book on him and make a backup out of him. If Rosen looks good enough, they may release Fitzpatrick. Though they may stick him in the drafted QBs ear for a year. 5.5 million isn't an unrealistic price for a backup.
I agree. If they give Rosen a chance next year he has to win the starting job in camp and preseason. They cannot simply say "Fitzpatrick will give us a better chance to win".

If they do not draft a QB and Rosen would get the starting gig though while they can release Fitz I would think they would keep him as a backup. A vet presence like Fitz is extremely valuable. If we would not pick up a QB in FA or the draft I expect our QB trio to remain as is for next year.

Put it in writing before the season started -- this was going to be a team NO ONE will want to play
back end of the season. Also said, in the depths of the gloom and doom tanker feeding frenzy,
no way we don't win games. Now it's become pretty clear we're going to win substantially more
games than it would have seemed possible a few weeks back -- despite a depleted roster,
despite the loss of Williams, despite...

This is a developmental year. Not a LOSE BY DESIGN year! Never has been!
Rebuilding a team is a PROCESS! Just like Flo tells the players -- trust in the process!
Good things are coming! You can actually FEEL IT if you allow yourself to believe!

We've just been numb for too long!

:lol:

Put it in writing before the season started -- this was going to be a team NO ONE will want to play
back end of the season.
Also said, in the depths of the gloom and doom tanker feeding frenzy,
no way we don't win games. Now it's become pretty clear we're going to win substantially more
games than it would have seemed possible a few weeks back -- despite a depleted roster,
despite the loss of Williams, despite...

This is a developmental year. Not a LOSE BY DESIGN year! Never has been!
Rebuilding a team is a PROCESS! Just like Flo tells the players -- trust in the process!
Good things are coming! You can actually FEEL IT if you allow yourself to believe!

We've just been numb for too long!

:lol:

Bold statement... :lol:
But the way the Dolphins are developing this year is a Patriots staple. Get better as the season goes on and play your best at the end of the season. Dam, how often early in the season have we said "Oh the Pats don't look to tough this year" or "they are beatable" just for them to turn it a notch up at the end of the season.

I agree. If they give Rosen a chance next year he has to win the starting job in camp and preseason. They cannot simply say "Fitzpatrick will give us a better chance to win".

If they do not draft a QB and Rosen would get the starting gig though while they can release Fitz I would think they would keep him as a backup. A vet presence like Fitz is extremely valuable. If we would not pick up a QB in FA or the draft I expect our QB trio to remain as is for next year.

Don't you think they should at least throw him in there a few more games this season if they're serious about giving him a shot at the starting job next season?

Bold statement... :lol:
But the way the Dolphins are developing this year is a Patriots staple. Get better as the season goes on and play your best at the end of the season. Dam, how often early in the season have we said "Oh the Pats don't look to tough this year" or "they are beatable" just for them to turn it a notch up at the end of the season.

As evidenced by the Colts game -- this team is "scrappy" and developing into
a proverbial "pain-in-the-ass" to play... We have 7 games remaining and we will
win 3-4 of them! So the point is -- any team banking on an easy win against us
is in for a rude awakening! And what makes us dangerous is the simple fact
we're playing better team ball every week and have ZERO to lose! That by itself
makes us dangerous...

Back
Top Bottom