Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?)

Even if that ends up being the decision, I doubt that it has been made yet.

The only way I can see them putting all their eggs in one basket like that, is if Rosen gets some playing time late in the year, and does well, not only making the occasional "highlight" throw, but operating within the framework of the design of the offense. He was obviously not able to do that earlier this year.

To be fair, the line was horrible then, and him being indecisive, and a second slow making decisions, put him in a situation where the opposing pass rush was eating him alive.
I hear what you are saying, I just feel that a Qb individually has to have a plan when you know the line is a major problem..

I hear what you are saying, I just feel that a Qb individually has to have a plan when you know the line is a major problem..
An experienced QB stands a better chance though. That's why Fitz was the better option, given tge circumstances.

Egos been awful. Lost contain on one play last week and even raekwon was like wtf

One play?!?!?! Well, THAT proves a lot. Don't get me wrong. Ego hasn't been that "pleasant surprise" And haven't seen much development. But, he has too much tape to discuss one play.

An experienced QB stands a better chance though. That's why Fitz was the better option, given tge circumstances.
Im sure you notice early on in games Fitz doesn’t wait for pressure to get to him, his plan is one step ahead of them and he does that by stepping up without even waiting for his reads to transpire.

No they shouldn't. Flores and Co said from day one that they see this year as Rosen's first year. They took him based on what he was projected and erased the **** show from Arizona. A lot of rookie QBs sit the first year if they have a vet in front of them who can get us the occasional win. I am a huge proponent of a rookie QB sitting in his first year. I always had the opinion that Tannehill starting right out of the gates was a mistake. The only time you want tostart a rookie is if your starting QB sucks or if you do not have another QB.
If your rookie QB has the luxury of sitting in his first year he'll be better prepared. In today's society where immediate gratification is prevailing over patience the fact that a rookie QB can learn the ins and outs of an NFL QB from the sideline is severely underated or completely disregarded.

Believe me they know what they have or don't have in Rosen. The only way he sees action this year is if Fitz turns into Fitztragic for a couple games or in blowouts (either way).

Flores and company erased the **** show thatbwqs going on in Arizona...

How so?

The top 3 ship has sailed cause we sit at 4 and played a scout team lb level vs the jets and a scrub qb like Brian Hoyer?

Really?

And Miami plays that same Jets team and Cincy. Not top tier teams. Plus, NYG and a Browns team without Garret. It isn't unreasonable to see two more wins.

No, not really. He will come in when Fitz blows up or gets hurt.

Other than that. Clipboard is fine. Learn offense. Learn progressions. This is old school pocket QB 101.

No they shouldn't. Flores and Co said from day one that they see this year as Rosen's first year. They took him based on what he was projected and erased the **** show from Arizona. A lot of rookie QBs sit the first year if they have a vet in front of them who can get us the occasional win. I am a huge proponent of a rookie QB sitting in his first year. I always had the opinion that Tannehill starting right out of the gates was a mistake. The only time you want tostart a rookie is if your starting QB sucks or if you do not have another QB.
If your rookie QB has the luxury of sitting in his first year he'll be better prepared. In today's society where immediate gratification is prevailing over patience the fact that a rookie QB can learn the ins and outs of an NFL QB from the sideline is severely underated or completely disregarded.

Believe me they know what they have or don't have in Rosen. The only way he sees action this year is if Fitz turns into Fitztragic for a couple games or in blowouts (either way).

I don't see how you learn this without actual action. At his age going into his 3rd year you don't learn progressions through film and get better. That's all through experience and actually being in the pocket. And old school pocket QB 101 doesn't sound well in today's NFL where much of what is consider old school doesn't translate and or is obsolete today. Hence why many 1st round QBs can start day 1 no problem even if they were drafted in the 2nd round. Clip boarding in his 2nd year though? Unless he has Tannehill's low sample track record in college I don't see it ever being a good thing and if God forbid it doesn't work out then it's a disaster. In the NFL you don't have the luxury to waste much time. Windoes get shorter for players in their prime and contract issues start showing up in your roster while wasting their good years/remaining time in their contracts due to not having a QB on the team

"The only time you want tostart a rookie is if your starting QB sucks or if you do not have another QB.
If your rookie QB has the luxury of sitting in his first year he'll be better prepared. In today's society where immediate gratification is prevailing over patience the fact that a rookie QB can learn the ins and outs of an NFL QB from the sideline is severely underated or completely disregarded."

It has nothing to do with instant gratification but more to do with it being a legit strategy in today's NFL to start from day 1 or at least get some games in his first year. Outside of learning the offense I don't see how Rosen at this point benefiting anymore from watching from the sidelines after already being thrown in the fire. Nothing was erased from his **** show in Arizona. That and I don't think there's any significant data that proves in the last 10-5 years or so where the success rate is actually higher for those that sit in their first year as compared to those that don't. If this were soccer where players across the world can start pro at the age of 16 then maybe sitting and watching from the sidelines makes some sense (although any top prospect in the sport will see time at 16 if they'rte brought up to the 1st team) and by 18 anything that's technical should be 95% developed. Rosen will be 23 by next season. If he still doesn't have stuff like Accuracy and pocket awareness developed (something that should already be there long before he gets drafted) then he sure isn't going to develop it from the sidelines, let alone progressions or reads which is something you really pick up through play time. Also everything I've read from the past from rookie QBs show that players value film room FAR more than watching from the sidelines where you really don't see **** from ground level. The film room is your best bet at really learning what the NFL speed is like. And fortunately you can use that luxury as a starter. Nonetheless I hope Flores knows what he's doing. I think it's borderline insane that Dolphin fans older than even as low as their 20's would think they really see something "new" from there coach based on the last few shitters we've faced. I swear I've read even better praise in regards to Gase in his first year at HC. Nothing new I've seen that would really make me an optimist going onto next season. Sample size is too small and the teams we've faced don't inspire me yet. Hopefully by the end of the season I see it differently.

Makes sense to me.

I would say, though, I think Rosen might have the inside track on the starter role, assuming he becomes more adept at reads, and protections. Let's face it, Fitz is what he is, and will be another year older, not to mention the fact that Josh can make throws that Ryan can't.

No matter who we draft, I doubt Flores throws him out there before he is ready.
I think there is no reason not to keep him in the mix and see how/if he can develop.

Nope. Keep your cards close to the best.
While I agree with the overall preise of the statement, assuming you meant "vest", not "best", I seriously doubt opposing front offices are huddled around, making contingency plans around what the Phins do with JR.

While I agree with the overall preise of the statement, assuming you meant "vest", not "best", I seriously doubt opposing front offices are huddled around, making contingency plans around what the Phins do with JR.
Yes, vest...damn auto correct!

Some people are unreal on this board. There was a game last night and one of those teams has a great defense and a top Oline but they lost because they only scored 7 points and you know why they scored only 7 points? Because their QB sucks and they only have one good WR who got hurt last night and yet here we have people saying to that we need to draft a DE first or that we need to draft two oline guys in the first round or two and we can just wait to draft a QB in 2021.

Some people just never learn. Don't get me wrong. I want a top oline and a great defense too but it all starts with your QB. No I'm not saying reach for one either. Say we stay at 4 like we are now. There is a chance Tua or Burrow might be there but lets say neither is then you need to look at the others maybe on a trade down or maybe you draft Young but draft your QB with the pick from Pitt. You can't go thru everything the team has done this year and come away with just Rosen as your QB.

its not that. Its that this team needs two drafts before they are good again. So the logic is simple - you load the team up with the best players so we can actually have an OL and pass rush again and then the next year you get the better qbs. Fields and Lawrence have a better chance at being real stars in the league than Tua. We arent getting Burrow, we wont lose enough. We can trade up next year with all the picks we have.

its not completely insane to pass on a qb early if the team doesn't like what they are seeing. Grab a guy in the later rounds and them a year behind a hopefully much better OL.

Plus mason rudolph was drafted in the third round. Not exactly a 7th round scrub but basically a backup option at qb like you are saying we should get.

its not that. Its that this team needs two drafts before they are good again. So the logic is simple - you load the team up with the best players so we can actually have an OL and pass rush again and then the next year you get the better qbs. Fields and Lawrence have a better chance at being real stars in the league than Tua. We arent getting Burrow, we wont lose enough. We can trade up next year with all the picks we have.

its not completely insane to pass on a qb early if the team doesn't like what they are seeing. Grab a guy in the later rounds and them a year behind a hopefully much better OL.

Plus mason rudolph was drafted in the third round. Not exactly a 7th round scrub but basically a backup option at qb like you are saying we should get.
Well, I agree with you that the team should not draft a QB just to draft a QB. I'm saying that all things equal you take the QB first. Having said that, after that injury to Tua last night it throws off a few things. I've pretty much given up thinking we can get the top pick so there goes Burrow. Now I'd not draft Tua even if he's clear. I feel bad for the kid cause he seems like a very nice guy but I can see him getting hurt again or maybe not ever been the same. Hard to tell right now so that leaves us with option #3 and who would that be? Herbert or Fromm? Not really crazy about either of those so at the end of the day we might have to draft other positions early after all.

I could still see us drafting Tua in round 1. With where we wind up record-wise, especially if we win a few more, it may be the best option left (injury and all).

I get many of you have written him off, just saying the Dolphins may not be as quick to do so if a full recovery is on the table. Seems like we are (finally) one of the few teams who aren’t feeling immense pressure to win quickly.

Back
Top Bottom