Good to see the Jets screw up, again!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

90% thats a pretty aggressive statement. You opbviosuly lack football knowledge and the ability to look up game scores and team records online.....

you guys have ONE playoff app since 2002(11 seasons), you have ZERO playoff wins since 2001. we've been MUCH better than you guys for a while, it appears you'll be better this year but things do change quickly in this league so you never know. The way you guys are talking is reminding me of the ay Bills fans were talking last year. If you don't have Brady or Peyton then nothing is guaranteed in the reg season in this league.

Every year we seem to screw up according to you guys yet 90% of the time we are better than you guys. I'm glad you hate the moves we are making, it makes me like them even more.

Fuzzy math indeed...

2 Super Bowl wins to 1, 5 SB appearances to 1, 13 Division Championships to 4, only 6(for the fins) to 10(Jets) last place finishes, 40 playoff games to only 25, only 12 losing seasons to 25 losing seasons for the Jets and as far as overall records go MIAMI 427 wins to 329 losses (including playoffs) NYJ 377-444 including playoffs.

Fuzzy math indeed...

2 Super Bowl wins to 1, 5 SB appearances to 1, 13 Division Championships to 4, only 6(for the fins) to 10(Jets) last place finishes, 40 playoff games to only 25, only 12 losing seasons to 25 losing seasons for the Jets and as far as overall records go MIAMI 427 wins to 329 losses (including playoffs) NYJ 377-444 including playoffs.

I am not hopping in my Delorean to go back to the 1970s, stay with me in THIS Century. You guys haven't won a playoff game since the 2000 season! we are in 2013! you can have your great 1970s era, you have a better overall history but in recent, relevant times we have been MUCH better. We won 4 playoff games in '09 and '10 alone, 1994-2012(19 seasons) Miami has a total of 4 playoff wins(and zero title game apps).

Fuzzy math indeed...

Yup, that seems to work out to about 90% lol...,but like I thought when I responded, he will just start adding parameters and backpedal as only he can do. Now it's the past decade, the Jets glory years lmao!

you guys have ONE playoff app since 2002(11 seasons), you have ZERO playoff wins since 2001. we've been MUCH better than you guys for a while, it appears you'll be better this year but things do change quickly in this league so you never know. The way you guys are talking is reminding me of the ay Bills fans were talking last year. If you don't have Brady or Peyton then nothing is guaranteed in the reg season in this league.

Since 2001 the jets have ony one 8 more games than the Phins.
NYJ 96-96 .500 88-104 .458

Overall Miami has won 50 more games than NYJ while playing 65 less.
NYJ 377-444 MIA 427-329

I am not hopping in my Delorean to go back to the 1970s, stay with me in THIS Century. You guys haven't won a playoff game since the 2000 season! we are in 2013! you can have your great 1970s era, you have a better overall history but in recent, relevant times we have been MUCH better. We won 4 playoff games in '09 and '10 alone, 1994-2012(19 seasons) Miami has a total of 4 playoff wins(and zero title game apps).[/

What makes your time frame relevant? I would say your last championship game LOSS is as relevant as our last Championship game win. Teams can go from bottom to top in one offseason nowadays, so your whole "relevant' issue isn't really relevant! But let me say you most certainly do EARN your FH badges spinmeister.

Every year we seem to screw up according to you guys yet 90% of the time we are better than you guys. I'm glad you hate the moves we are making, it makes me like them even more.

You can not sit there and tell me you are happy with the moves that have been made by the Jets. While some of the moves where necessary you know it is going to be a few years before you sniff the playoffs again, unless Smith is the second coming of Wilson but I highly doubt that. Sanchez would be gone right now if it wasn't for his 8.5m and there goes your franchise QB that was supposed to be the next best thing. Revis is gone and the D is trying to retool for another run but a lot of key players are unknown and unproven at this point and the Jets are in cap hell right now.

If you substituted a few names and replaced the word Jets with Miami, I'd be ****ing livid and calling for heads to roll but to each his own I guess.

Since 1997 the Jets have basically dominated the Dolphins, no wonder you guts are a little bitter about it, it's ok. In the last couple seasons it has reverted back to pretty much equal footing when we face each other, but there is no way you Fin fans can argue that you have been the better franchise, even dating back to Marino's last season. That's just a fact. Tables might be turning now, but you're talking about 15+ years of dominance. Who cares about the 70's! Lol are you kidding me?

Fuzzy math indeed...

Seriously. It's 2013. All of what you just brought up is too far back to care about.

You can not sit there and tell me you are happy with the moves that have been made by the Jets. While some of the moves where necessary you know it is going to be a few years before you sniff the playoffs again, unless Smith is the second coming of Wilson but I highly doubt that. Sanchez would be gone right now if it wasn't for his 8.5m and there goes your franchise QB that was supposed to be the next best thing. Revis is gone and the D is trying to retool for another run but a lot of key players are unknown and unproven at this point and the Jets are in cap hell right now.

If you substituted a few names and replaced the word Jets with Miami, I'd be ****ing livid and calling for heads to roll but to each his own I guess.

Actually, no, man. But nice try. Jets are finally on the right track after a rough couple seasons. I genuinely love the moves we've made this offseason. We're rebuilding with youth and speed, and have the looks of what could be a dominant defense for years to come. Even without Revis. This year might be tough to watch, but if the NFL has taught us anything, a turnaround season could be right around the corner.

Our d-line is going to be great for a while, and while we could probably use another LB, the front seven looks set. Offense is the real problem, but I like our o-line, and next year will be the offensive-minded draft year. I'm happy with our direction, and would much rather have our GM then the clueless Jeff Ireland.

And as far as this "cap-hell" you speak of....really? Get a clue bro. After we rid ourselves of Sanchez and Holmes next offseason, we will have plenty of room. What cap hell are you speaking of? You obviously are not clued in to the facts of the situation. So maybe next time think twice before using those media inspired labels and talking points..

Since 1997 the Jets have basically dominated the Dolphins, no wonder you guts are a little bitter about it, it's ok. In the last couple seasons it has reverted back to pretty much equal footing when we face each other, but there is no way you Fin fans can argue that you have been the better franchise, even dating back to Marino's last season. That's just a fact. Tables might be turning now, but you're talking about 15+ years of dominance. Who cares about the 70's! Lol are you kidding me?

Let's see some statistics that back your claim up. We'll resume the discussion then.

How are all of you so sure about what Geno Smith's future in the NFL holds? I'm an actual die-hard Jets fan, I've watched countless interviews with Geno, and he seems to me to be a fairly intelligent, articulate, and nice young man with a good head on his shoulders. He actually has a lot of knowledge and respect for the history of the NFL, and seems pretty level-headed. The guy might come off as a little un-enthusiastic about things, but I think he's just a calm guy who's focused on the future and realizes he hasn't accomplished much yet. I don't know what more you could ask for from a QB prospect.

So he showed a little anger and disappointment on draft day? So what, we've all seem it, even from the great Aaron Rodgers. It's only human, and his reaction perfectly natural. The fact is, he stayed and stuck it out. It's over and done with, and now he's going to play with a huge chip on his shoulder, which I think is great. I think Jets haters and people in general are way too over reactive about minor things and don't see the big picture. You guys are way to focused on what the media's perception of things is, and of course that's always negative towards this team. Form your own opinions, that's all I can say. I have, and I have absolutely no problem with Geno...yet

yep, we aren't bright enough to talk SB every year(even though thye never make the playoffs or even compete for the playoffs). To tell people how great Sparano is, how great Henne is, how Nick Saban is going to lead the NFLs next dynasty, how great Cam Cameron is going to be, etc... If only I was as smart as the average phin fan:chuckle:

You defended Sparao when he was your OC and after he was fired.

As for Saban, yeah we were all fooled.
and Everyone knew Cameron was going to fail spectacularly.

Let's see some statistics that back your claim up. We'll resume the discussion then.

I looked it up. Jets are 20-10 vs the Dolphins since 1998. I'd say that's pretty dominant. Also they lead the all time series, 48-44-1.

Seriously. It's 2013. All of what you just brought up is too far back to care about.

Not for me I was 5 in 1966 when the team came into being. Been a fan ever since. I for one love our history. And I did bring up some recent history in a later post.

Back
Top Bottom