Good to see the Jets screw up, again!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

Since 2001 the jets have ony one 8 more games than the Phins.
NYJ 96-96 .500 88-104 .458

Overall Miami has won 50 more games than NYJ while playing 65 less.
NYJ 377-444 MIA 427-329

awesome! since 2001 Miami has 2 playoff apps, NYJ has 6
since 2001 Miami has ZERO playoff wins, NYJ has 6
since 2001 Miami has ZERO title game apps, NYJ has 2

don't be confused by skewed records where we lost seasons due to QB injuries(specifically Chad) and where Miami won some meaningless late season games.

You can not sit there and tell me you are happy with the moves that have been made by the Jets. While some of the moves where necessary you know it is going to be a few years before you sniff the playoffs again, unless Smith is the second coming of Wilson but I highly doubt that. Sanchez would be gone right now if it wasn't for his 8.5m and there goes your franchise QB that was supposed to be the next best thing. Revis is gone and the D is trying to retool for another run but a lot of key players are unknown and unproven at this point and the Jets are in cap hell right now.

If you substituted a few names and replaced the word Jets with Miami, I'd be ****ing livid and calling for heads to roll but to each his own I guess.

I'm not happy we got a QB b/c I like the one we had, I was not happy w/ the compensation in the Revis deal. other than that I feel pretty good.

The DL is going to be really good and we have one of the top D coaches in football running it so I am not worried about the D. I am worried about O and STs which cost us most of last season.

Let's see some statistics that back your claim up. We'll resume the discussion then.

Since 1998:

div titles:
NYJ 2
Mia 2

playoff apps:
NYJ 7
Mia 5

playoff wins:
NYJ 7
Mia 3

title game apps:
NYJ 3
Mia 0

head to head:
NYJ 20
Mia 10

reg season record:
NYJ 125-115
Mia 118-122

playoff record:
NYJ 7-7
Mia 3-5

avg playoff score:
NYJ 21 Opp 22
Mia 11 Opp 28

don't be confused by skewed records where we lost seasons due to QB injuries(specifically Chad) and where Miami won some meaningless late season games.

I'm not happy we got a QB b/c I like the one we had, I was not happy w/ the compensation in the Revis deal. other than that I feel pretty good.

The DL is going to be really good and we have one of the top D coaches in football running it so I am not worried about the D. I am worried about O and STs which cost us most of last season.

Since 1998:

div titles:
NYJ 2
Mia 2

playoff apps:
NYJ 7
Mia 5

playoff wins:
NYJ 7
Mia 3

title game apps:
NYJ 3
Mia 0

head to head:
NYJ 20
Mia 10

reg season record:
NYJ 125-115
Mia 118-122

playoff record:
NYJ 7-7
Mia 3-5

avg playoff score:
NYJ 21 Opp 22
Mia 11 Opp 28

Thanks for making my point. We've gotta get each others backs here in enemy territory.

Since 1998:
div titles:
NYJ 2
Mia 2

playoff apps:
NYJ 7
Mia 5

playoff wins:
NYJ 7
Mia 3

title game apps:
NYJ 3
Mia 0

head to head:
NYJ 20
Mia 10

reg season record:
NYJ 125-115
Mia 118-122

playoff record:
NYJ 7-7
Mia 3-5

avg playoff score:
NYJ 21 Opp 22
Mia 11 Opp 28

Butt Fumbles:
NYJ 1
Mia 0

Thanks for making my point. We've gotta get each others backs here in enemy territory.

Welcome. There are a ton of great phin fan posters on here and we have some great debates.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Butt Fumbles:
NYJ 1
Mia 0

playoff wins:

Mark Sanchez in 4 years: 4
Miami dolphins last 18 years: 3

Butt Fumbles:
NYJ 1
Mia 0

I was getting worried, it had been about 10 minutes since I heard a moronic fan mention the buttfumble. Thank goodness you guys are still out there..

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Welcome. There are a ton of great phin fan posters on here and we have some great debates.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

playoff wins:

LOL that's freakin' great!

Every analysis on ESPN and NFLN also calls the play the Butt Fumble. Are they all morons too? Well most of them are, but not because they all refer to it as the butt fumble.
I was getting worried, it had been about 10 minutes since I heard a moronic fan mention the buttfumble. Thank goodness you guys are still out there..

In the NY market, especially with that fanbase, you need a QB with veins of ice. A guy who doesn't react to bad press and doesn't let people get under their skin. That's why guys like Eli, Simms and even Pennington have been successful there, while guys like Sanchez have flopped.

I don't know about you, but Geno's attitude reminds me much more of Sanchez than it does Eli.

playoff wins:

Keep counting because although the years will increase, the playoff win # definitely wont. So lets play this game next year, and the following year, and the following year.

In the NY market, especially with that fanbase, you need a QB with veins of ice. A guy who doesn't react to bad press and doesn't let people get under their skin. That's why guys like Eli, Simms and even Pennington have been successful there, while guys like Sanchez have flopped.

I don't know about you, but Geno's attitude reminds me much more of Sanchez than it does Eli.

Geno is going to get flamed harder than Snatchez. I dont think Snatchez had that bad of an attitude. He just has little talent and the media kills him for that. On the other hand Geno has a horrible attitude and will get completely shredded by the media. He'll likely pull a Ryan Leaf the first time reporter criticizes him him, which will likely be week 1.

Geno is going to get flamed harder than Snatchez. I dont think Snatchez had that bad of an attitude. He just has little talent and the media kills him for that. On the other hand Geno has a horrible attitude and will get completely shredded by the media. He'll likely pull a Ryan Leaf the first time reporter criticizes him him, which will likely be week 1.

Sanchez tends to pout on the field when things don't go well. You will see him slinking on the bench.

You are right though, he did handle the media ok, but he looked defeated at most press conferences I see of him. I could definitely see Geno yelling back at the media or refusing to speak to them when things don't go well.

The Jets were the worst possible landing spot for Geno IMO. I think he would have been a lot more successful in Philly just because I think they would have had a better system to develop him there. The best spot for him one if been somewhere like Arizona or Jacksonville where the media wouldn't hound him and let him grow. In NY? Forget about it...

how does a guy who has the most postseason wins in franchise history in just 4 years flop? He was awful in 2012, he's been good for us overall 2009-2012.

Keep counting because although the years will increase, the playoff win # definitely wont. So lets play this game next year, and the following year, and the following year.

ok so in 3 years we'll see Sanchez w/ 4 wins in 7 years and Miami w/ 3 wins in 21.:lol:

Not for me I was 5 in 1966 when the team came into being. Been a fan ever since. I for one love our history. And I did bring up some recent history in a later post.

Thank you... I was 10 and been a fan since the first game.

Nyjunc only uses stats that fit his arguenment.

how does a guy who has the most postseason wins in franchise history in just 4 years flop? He was awful in 2012, he's been good for us overall 2009-2012.

ok so in 3 years we'll see Sanchez w/ 4 wins in 7 years and Miami w/ 3 wins in 21.:lol:

Eh, I would say the probability of Miami winning a playoff game before the Jets even sniff the playoffs is very high.

Eh, I would say the probability of Miami winning a playoff game before the Jets even sniff the playoffs is very high.

I expect to be playoff contenders again by 2014. let's see if you guys can actually make it this year or if you will be the latest offseason champ to miss out.

I expect to be playoff contenders again by 2014. let's see if you guys can actually make it this year or if you will be the latest offseason champ to miss out.

Well thats certainly being optimistic. You need a QB first and by 2015 you will be in the market for a new one starting (including HC and GM) back at phase 1.

Back
Top Bottom