Good to see the Jets screw up, again!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good to see the Jets screw up, again!!

Every year we seem to screw up according to you guys yet 90% of the time we are better than you guys. I'm glad you hate the moves we are making, it makes me like them even more.

Not to make this a numbers game or anything, but last season we finished ahead of you in the standings. Of the two games we played, we lost to you by a field goal in overtime in the first game and spanked you in the second game. Who's better?

Not to make this a numbers game or anything, but last season we finished ahead of you in the standings. Of the two games we played, we lost to you by a field goal in overtime in the first game and spanked you in the second game. Who's better?

Time will tell, you can't base everything off of last year. That's like when people on here get mad when Jets fans talk about going to back to back AFC Championship games in the 09 and 10 seasons. Who cares now. You were better then us by the end of the season in my opinion but when we were healthier I think we were better then you in the beginning of the season. But none of that matters cause neither team made the playoffs.

I wouldn't expect you guys to be proud of a 7-9 season the same way I don't think you guys would expect us to be proud of a 6-10 win season. In the end both teams still have a lot of work and catching up to do.

It would be weird if during the Pre-draft process one of these drafts, unsubstantiated rumors about a player didn't surface. It always happens, and most of the time has no bearing on that players career in the NFL. Nowadays the media is there to make news, not report it.

Im just saying, it's ridiculous to say how anybody screwed up the draft by taking a player who has yet to participate in an NFL practice, let alone a game. I understand all you Jets haters want to pile on, at this point, but you really have no idea if he's going to succeed or not.

But this was said AFTER the draft... What incentive would they have at that point?

I'm not trying to pile on the Jets, I just don't think Geno has what it takes to succeed on a team like that. I would actually be a lot more worried about the Jets if they drafted EJ or Barkley, because I think those guys have the mentality to survive that brutal market.

Well thats certainly being optimistic. You need a QB first and by 2015 you will be in the market for a new one starting (including HC and GM) back at phase 1.

after you guys fail again this year you will be back to where we are this offseason- new GM, probable new coach and maybe new QB.

Come back and read this thread in 3 years. I would bet a pretty penny that EJ Manuel will have a more successful career than Geno.

and Tannehill.

so we split right? we were as bad as could be, you guys had a good year and yet we were separated by a game.

I'm not trying to pile on the Jets, I just don't think Geno has what it takes to succeed on a team like that. I would actually be a lot more worried about the Jets if they drafted EJ or Barkley, because I think those guys have the mentality to survive that brutal market.

My hope is geno never plays for the Jets, my hope is this gets Sanchez going and he he begins to have the career he looked like he was going to have after the 2010 season but if geno is the man here we'll see soon enough if he can handle it. The great thing about the NFL is you never know.

Spanked doesnt do it justice. We completely destroyed, annihiliated and embarrassed them in their own house.. Well, Psuedo house.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

We will not fail with easily the second best QB in the division. The Jets on the other hand will be battling it out for the AFCE cellar with Buffalo. The following year I fully expect the Jets to be the last team in the division.
after you guys fail again this year you will be back to where we are this offseason- new GM, probable new coach and maybe new QB.

and Tannehill.

so we split right? we were as bad as could be, you guys had a good year and yet we were separated by a game.

My hope is geno never plays for the Jets, my hope is this gets Sanchez going and he he begins to have the career he looked like he was going to have after the 2010 season but if geno is the man here we'll see soon enough if he can handle it. The great thing about the NFL is you never know.

So if you hope Geno never plays, why is it so hard for you to admit it was a bad pick? With all the negativity that constantly surrounds the Jets, I would suspect that their fans would hate to draft an immature player with a bad attitude. With that however, this is the cutlure that Rex brought into the Jets and one that Woody seems to have no problem with.

I don't think EJ will be more successful than Tannehill, but I can't discount it as a possibility. I think Tannehill is a more well-rounded QB than EJ, but right now EJ probably has better weapons to work with overall.

and Tannehill.

I remember you saying something like that last year, and yet Ireland and Philbin are still here while the Jets GM is gone and Rex is on the hot seat.

You really think E.J Manual will be a more successful QB than Tannehill 3 years from now?

Every year we seem to screw up according to you guys yet 90% of the time we are better than you guys. I'm glad you hate the moves we are making, it makes me like them even more.

90 %???Now that is a good one........Win in OT by 3 points and get embarrassed 30-9 in your own house.Get a new Acme Calculator,yours has issues.

LOL, did you really just reference a Yahoo! Sports article while trying to support your opinion on a player who hasn't even played a game yet? Well played, sir..

I did. Not sure why you're insinuating that the article isn't good enough for posting.

I don't have much respect for Yahoo, and I'm not sure who does. But in reference to the actual article, the draft is about potential. Not sure about you, but when I was 21-22 years old, I was slightly immature too. You always hope players learn and mature, and I'm sure Geno is no different.

The only thing I can actually respond and react to is the interviews that I personally saw with the kid, for example the Gruden interview. And from what I can tell, the kid seems like a good one. As far as these anonymous "league executives"? Who cares, they could be anyone..

Your not having much respect for Yahoo doesn't make it any less reputable. Comparing yourself at that age with a college QB who is now on your favorite team is pointless too considering he's experienced things you and I never will.

It's fine that you think the world of the guy and why wouldn't you? You want your team to succeed so you keep telling yourself Geno Smith is the QB that will take the Jets all the way. It's a fan's natural way of thinking.

Spanked doesnt do it justice. We completely destroyed, annihiliated and embarrassed them in their own house.. Well, Psuedo house.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

We will not fail with easily the second best QB in the division. The Jets on the other hand will be battling it out for the AFCE cellar with Buffalo. The following year I fully expect the Jets to be the last team in the division.

So if you hope Geno never plays, why is it so hard for you to admit it was a bad pick? With all the negativity that constantly surrounds the Jets, I would suspect that their fans would hate to draft an immature player with a bad attitude. With that however, this is the cutlure that Rex brought into the Jets and one that Woody seems to have no problem with.

I think it was a good value pick, a guy that was supposed to in the top 10 falls to our 3rd pick of the draft but I didn't want a QB so I don't like the pick.

I remember you saying something like that last year, and yet Ireland and Philbin are still here while the Jets GM is gone and Rex is on the hot seat.

You really think E.J Manual will be a more successful QB than Tannehill 3 years from now?

Ireland escaped, another failure and he will be gone though I hope he stays. Since he took over it's been nothing but losing seasons.

I have no idea on Manuel, I'm goofing around w/ some friendly trash talk. we'll see how all 3 young QBs fare, Ryan certainly has a leg up w/ a year under his belt and the best weapons in the division around him(in the pass game).

90 %???Now that is a good one........Win in OT by 3 points and get embarrassed 30-9 in your own house.Get a new Acme Calculator,yours has issues.

so we split, right?

Actually, since Ireland took over, his teams have been more successful than any other dolphin teams this decade other than the twilight of the JJ draftees under Wanny.

I think Irrland has brought talent to the team every year, with his share of misses. Seeing what happened with Sparano after he left here, it's becoming clear the issue was talent development, not talent acquisition.

Actually, since Ireland took over, his teams have been more successful than any other dolphin teams this decade other than the twilight of the JJ draftees under Wanny.

I think Irrland has brought talent to the team every year, with his share of misses. Seeing what happened with Sparano after he left here, it's becoming clear the issue was talent development, not talent acquisition.

Parcells ran the team in '08 and that's the only year you had success. W/ Wannstedt you made 2 postseasons and competed fro another, w/ Ireland you have yet to even compete for a postseason berth.

did I miss something? were you guys under .500 last year or not? w/ all that talent and great coaching why didn't you even compete for a postseason berth?

I never said it was a great accomplishment considering how bad the dolphins have been since 2000. Wanny won with JJs guys but completely gutted the team during his stewardship. From a talent acquisition perspective, Ireland has been the most successful since JJ. It's a low bar, but it can't really be disputed. Cameron and mueller would pray for a 7-9 record.

Back
Top Bottom